Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pipe - Where does it go? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273917)

cpjitservices Oct 17th, 2017 08:30

Pipe - Where does it go?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all

Noticed this disconnected pipe. Is it supposed to be connected? if so to what? Vacuum pipe?

Its the blue pipe in the photos.

Thanks

Forrest Oct 17th, 2017 20:36

Did the car previously have a charcoal canister? It’s quite common to remove them but I don’t think you’re supposed to leave the vacuum line open.

cpjitservices Oct 18th, 2017 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 2328508)
Did the car previously have a charcoal canister? It’s quite common to remove them but I don’t think you’re supposed to leave the vacuum line open.

I have no idea!

crogthomas Oct 18th, 2017 10:17

Is is disconnected both ends or just one?

cpjitservices Oct 18th, 2017 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by crogthomas (Post 2328635)
Is is disconnected both ends or just one?

Just one end by the looks, engine end.

If you look at that first photo, it connects to the same 'box' as the others.

crogthomas Oct 18th, 2017 14:04

In that case, more information or pictures of the 'box' might help identify what the hose is and therefore what it should connect to.

Also, what engine is it? Looks to be a carburetted engine perhaps?

cpjitservices Oct 18th, 2017 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by crogthomas (Post 2328710)
In that case, more information or pictures of the 'box' might help identify what the hose is and therefore what it should connect to.

Also, what engine is it? Looks to be a carburetted engine perhaps?

not near car now so will get more pics for you later, Yes I have the B230K with Pierburg carb. Will get photos this evening!

Thanks

Laird Scooby Oct 20th, 2017 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 2328508)

Good thought but i don't think charcoal canisters came in until later? This car is a 1987 model i think?

Also it's a carb model and as far as i know, they didn't have charcoal canisters as there was no engine management system to control it and the fueling. Also i don't recall ever seeing a charcoal canister on any of my 740GLEs with K-Jet and my current 760GLE with LH2.2 Jetronic doesn't have one either.

cpjitservices Oct 20th, 2017 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2329386)
Good thought but i don't think charcoal canisters came in until later? This car is a 1987 model i think?

Also it's a carb model and as far as i know, they didn't have charcoal canisters as there was no engine management system to control it and the fueling. Also i don't recall ever seeing a charcoal canister on any of my 740GLEs with K-Jet and my current 760GLE with LH2.2 Jetronic doesn't have one either.

Yeah mines an 87, I'll go and get another photo.

cpjitservices Oct 20th, 2017 13:02

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a better photo showing what the pipe attaches too with others.