Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   V70 rear retractable roller load cover (light grey) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=281556)

Turbodave May 7th, 2018 16:15

V70 rear retractable roller load cover (light grey)

As above, light grey load cover to suit all V70 models (97 to 00) and in good working order, complete and no tears or excess damage. Couple of very minor indents on the outer carcass, commensurate with age.

£60.00 or open to offers / discussion and happy to post with UK at cost.

Regards

Turbodave May 10th, 2018 13:40

Open to offers on this chaps, just taking up space and no use to me.

Postage within UK would be ~£15.00 given it's size / weight

Thanks

Bigfella666 May 23rd, 2018 08:29

Dave

You could always send it down to me - as a replacement for the one you flogged me a year ago. Pulled her back yesterday and the internals have shot so she no longer retracts !!!!:eek:

Turbodave May 23rd, 2018 23:05

Not so good but part and parcel of these things... I had a lovely one in my car, sold a second one I'd acquired and mine promptly broke a week later hence bought this after weeks of searching but have since sold the car and the chap didn't want it.

Bigfella666 May 25th, 2018 07:13

I was of course joking Dave - a main stealer would tell me to FO if I had spent 80k on a new mota !

Out of interest anybody know if the fella from mainland Europe ( a phrase which will soon die a natural death ) who was on the forum a few weeks ago is in fact selling a decent repair kit ?

I have no idea what repair is required, I pulled her back and met with the instant sound of plastic breaking, have never had one apart either. Anybody any idea ?

huron May 25th, 2018 08:38

Some time ago I posted on the forum the repair I did to mine and it's still holding up years later. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

John97Tdi May 25th, 2018 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfella666 (Post 2407371)
I was of course joking Dave - a main stealer would tell me to FO if I had spent 80k on a new mota !

Out of interest anybody know if the fella from mainland Europe ( a phrase which will soon die a natural death ) who was on the forum a few weeks ago is in fact selling a decent repair kit ?

I have no idea what repair is required, I pulled her back and met with the instant sound of plastic breaking, have never had one apart either. Anybody any idea ?

Been there, done that. The 'kit' consists of 2 shaped pieces of metal with a short tube with a slot welded to it. There were no instructions but it was fairly self evident what you had to do to install it. If you read up on peoples DIY fixes it will give you an idea whats involved and I seem to remember the guy offered to email instructions if required. I think from start to finish it took me about 10mins - it only took three or four days to arrive as well, and so far everything seems fine.

Cheers

John

Bigfella666 May 25th, 2018 09:43

Many thanks Chaps, much appreciated

SurfyDave May 25th, 2018 11:42

Where are you based as i may be interested in this

Turbodave Jun 13th, 2018 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfyDave (Post 2407460)
Where are you based as i may be interested in this

Just noted this, hence PM usually better if genuine interest... located same place as my location on the left. Happy to post as per the original post unless you fancy an 800 mile round trip... if you do, I'll put the kettle on. Cheers