Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   18'' Medusa Alloys (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=156616)

jaygee Jun 29th, 2012 12:35

18'' Medusa Alloys

Hi all,

I keep missing out on them in the sales section. If anyone has 4 x 18'' Medusa Alloys in any condition could you PM me or send me a public message on my profile.

Really want a set now and have missed out on two......

My fault really for not checking everyday.

I would appreciate anyone who could also point me in the right direction to source them apart from this website.

jhd2000 Jun 29th, 2012 13:16

I keep checking ebay althought they go really quickly. Otherwise you could speak to these guys:

http://www.pxalloys.com/wheels/wheel.php?id=437&type=d

Might be placing an order there myself as the set i'm collecting on monday has one dead wheel but hoping work mechanics can work some magic

jigharha Jun 29th, 2012 13:55

3 Attachment(s)
I have 4 wheels with no scuffing and they are even now finer than when new. They were refurbished by ChipsAway.

These wheels can be very difficult to get in a good state if already used. So you will make a good deal if you make me a good offer to me.

Remember you don't have to refurbish - it’s already done! Refurbishing a wheel will cost you £50 - £60 per wheel. Therefore, you will be saving yourself £200.

A set of scuffed wheels will usually go for £350 - £375.

Please see the attached pictures;

Lee '71 Jun 30th, 2012 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhd2000 (Post 1196703)
I keep checking ebay althought they go really quickly. Otherwise you could speak to these guys:

http://www.pxalloys.com/wheels/wheel.php?id=437&type=d

Might be placing an order there myself as the set i'm collecting on monday has one dead wheel but hoping work mechanics can work some magic

Just a little warning about PXWheels.

I used them to replace my old Medusa alloys under their exchange service but the "refurbished" ones they sent me were absolutely sh!t, they looked as though the guy that sprayed them had someone next to him grinding some old rusty piece of metal and all the filings were going all over the wheels and the finish was appalling. When I complained and returned them the owner got very abusive and I had to fight to get a complete refund from him.

Of course it's up to you but definitely a case of buyer beware!!!!

jhd2000 Jun 30th, 2012 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee '71 (Post 1197371)
Just a little warning about PXWheels.

I used them to replace my old Medusa alloys under their exchange service but the "refurbished" ones they sent me were absolutely sh!t, they looked as though the guy that sprayed them had someone next to him grinding some old rusty piece of metal and all the filings were going all over the wheels and the finish was appalling. When I complained and returned them the owner got very abusive and I had to fight to get a complete refund from him.

Of course it's up to you but definitely a case of buyer beware!!!!

Thanks Lee, it's very much a last resort anyway not least cos I don't want to be paying nearly double for one than I'm paying for 3!

iandonnadnjess Jul 2nd, 2012 10:22

hi ive got a set of four 18" medusas all with scuffing one tyre is nearly new other 3 need replacing ( one wheel had a inside repair and working fine ) im in the barnsley area so you can view them ,,,,, £300 ,,,, cheers

jaygee Jul 2nd, 2012 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandonnadnjess (Post 1198836)
hi ive got a set of four 18" medusas all with scuffing one tyre is nearly new other 3 need replacing ( one wheel had a inside repair and working fine ) im in the barnsley area so you can view them ,,,,, £300 ,,,, cheers

Thanks for that offer. I have managed to sort a set! Keep you posted on their condition etc....

Looking to get rid of my 17'' 5 spoke's if anyone is interested? Not sure of the style name. Gonna give them a clean tonight and post some pictures.

jhd2000 Jul 2nd, 2012 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandonnadnjess (Post 1198836)

Would you consider splitting the set?

iandonnadnjess Jul 2nd, 2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhd2000 (Post 1198912)
Would you consider splitting the set?

hi ,, no too much hassle i just need the room in my shed i was going to do them up & put them on my v50 let me know if your interested im putting them up for sale soon

jhd2000 Jul 2nd, 2012 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by iandonnadnjess (Post 1199317)
hi ,, no too much hassle i just need the room in my shed i was going to do them up & put them on my v50 let me know if your interested im putting them up for sale soon

Thanks for your response, but sorry not interested in the set thanks, I have 3 just looking to add one more ;-)