Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

Rufe Apr 21st, 2011 17:00

UPDATE, I AM OFF ON A SHORT HOLIDAY:

I am off for the entire bank holiday period, I am going home any minute now and not to return again until TUESDAY 3rd MAY.

Any orders already in progress will not be affected, and as our parts department is open on all days other than the bank holidays and weekends you can still call to place orders if you have order reference numbers from me already.

If not I can only apologise but I will be back as usual on May the 3rd.

Thank you for all your comments above, we all really do appreciate it, and in some respect helps us continue to do what we do. We really do always do our best to supply parts for the best prices and the highest level of service that we can, and its good to see all the feedback here from those who have used us reflecting this.

Right, catch you all when I am back, any problems with any orders in the mean time please call our parts department who will all be happy to help I am sure! (though they may be not as happy as me, as I will be off! :D )

All the best!

Simon :)

Rebrabuk Apr 27th, 2011 13:01

Simon, just to say thanks for my D5 intercooler, ordered last week and received next day! Top quality service.. :)

I got my quote from you via email, but dealt with someone else when placing order. :thumbs_up:

Biotoxic Apr 28th, 2011 14:43

I received my parts(sump gasket and 4 bolts) 2 days ago, Thank you.

thealchemyst May 4th, 2011 17:12

Rufe clear your pm's!

hi i have just purchased a parcel shelf/luggage cover for 850/v70 it is the type with a solid shelf and then a extendable luggage cover off that. this type uses a pair of fairly hefty mounting brackets that act as a base for the shelf to sit on. do you know/can you find out for me if these brackets are still available and if so how much?
the parts are in this pic and you can see the type of shelf.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320685131045
cheers martyn

The Hooded Claw May 4th, 2011 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealchemyst (Post 899346)
hi i have just purchased a parcel shelf/luggage cover for 850/v70 it is the type with a solid shelf and then a extendable luggage cover off that. this type uses a pair of fairly hefty mounting brackets that act as a base for the shelf to sit on. do you know/can you find out for me if these brackets are still available and if so how much?
the parts are in this pic and you can see the type of shelf.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320685131045
cheers martyn

I think he's on his "Jolly Hollys" til next week Martyn

thealchemyst May 4th, 2011 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw (Post 899350)
I think he's on his "Jolly Hollys" til next week Martyn

says back on the 3rd its the 4th today? so i'm guessing he should be back but could be wrong?

martybelfastt5 May 5th, 2011 11:30

price for an s60R timing belt kit please rufe:thumbs_up:

Rufe May 6th, 2011 17:10

*** VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE. PLEASE READ! ***

*** Change of Procedure for Mail Order Enquiries ***

Due to a combination of ongoing technical problems and a very large increase in the volume of enquiries we receive on a daily basis our email/webform is now being removed.

While proving very successful it is regrettable that it simply can not continue as it is, as many messages lately are not being replied for many days, some not at all.

This drop in our standards is simply not acceptable in my opinion, so we have decided to make a major change as to how we operate. We have now installed a second direct telephone in our department meaning we can now handle a larger volume of calls. This means if any one requires a quote from us we are now able to do it immediately over the phone, rather than everyone having to wait for a reply. I really do understand that many people liked our service and found it quite unique in the Volvo owners world, and it really is not my first choice to do this, but due to the above mentioned factors this is the only step I can currently take to improve our service.

We will still offer the best discounted prices we possibly can, I have set up our discount structure for online users some time ago and this will continue.

To ensure you get the best possible prices please quote discount code C3 when calling us. This is not a gimmick, this really does alter the prices by a large amount. If you call us and do not state this code we may not realise you are an online customer, so please mention this code when calling.

You really are not under any obligation to place any order when calling, we will offer you an order reference number to use in the future if you wish to simply think about the prices, and may be call us back at a later date if you so choose. If you have used us in the past please also mention this as we may be able to retrieve your details to save a little time.

So, please call us on either of our parts direct telephone numbers:

01792 790066
or 01792 784272 - Quoting discount code: C3

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am until 17:00pm (excluding bank holidays).

I hope you will all still continue to use our mail order service for all of your genuine Volvo parts and accessory requirements. Please keep in mind that we are doing this to try to improve our standards even further as we have grown too busy for what one person can manage. Now by opening up the phones for all online customer enquiries our whole parts team will be on hand to help, not just myself!

Simon - FRF Volvo Parts Department.

PS: The last few posts in this thread highlights the issue as I was off for roughly 1 week (3 days holiday, 9 days off) and my inbox here has completely filled in that time, I haven't even cleared my emails yet, let alone had chance to make space in my inbox here. I really am very sorry to everyone who I have not been able to reply to but I can only suggest calling us on the numbers above where we will help you out as best as we can! This is something that I have no other option to do, each message takes time to reply to and there are now hundreds outstanding, with no chance for me to work through them.

LeeB May 7th, 2011 20:55

apologies if im hijacking this thread.... i need a part identified, ill quite happily be ordering from FRF as i have in the past but at the moment i have no idea what to actually order - pics are in this post if anyone can help?

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123974

RoyMacDonald May 8th, 2011 11:23

I saw this on posting by Simon on the td5 forum and thought it was usful so here it is.

I have to cover my own ass here so will say right at the start - "Neither myself or FRF Motors are going to be liable for any errors or ommissions in this info, or for any damage caused as result of wrong information. This information is taken directly from the Castrol Oil data sheet which all Volvo dealers use. All this information would be in your owners handbooks, so if in doubt allways refer to that."

Ok, as you may know, selecting the correct oil for your car can be a bit of a challenge at times, as there can be a lot of contradicting advice and info out there. Volvo Uk recommend using Castrol Oil and the following info is taken direct from the data sheet that Castrol supply every dealer with for selecting the correct oils to use in servicing.

In most cases there are two different oils listed. A STANDARD protection and an OPTIMUM protection. You are safe to use either, though obviously the optimum version will be the better of the two, so if you are living in adverse weather conditions, or use the car for track days, or generally do a lot of hard driving etc, then you should be looking at using the Optimum protection oil that is listed.

Some of the following oils look very similar in name and ratings etc so take care to get the correct oil.

Thanks a lot

Simon.

***SOME UPDATES MARCH 2011, DUE TO CHANGES IN VOLVO SPECIFICATIONS***

CASTROL RECOMMENDED OIL FOR VOLVO CARS.
IMAGE KEY TO OILS (images may change):

MODEL: S60, V70, XC70, S80, XC90YEAR: From 2006>
ENGINE: Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: 18,000 Miles
OPTIMUM Protection (1) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec for Volvo Cars 0w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]

MODEL: S60, V70, XC70, S80, XC90
YEAR: From 2005>
ENGINE: 5 Cylinder Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: 12,000 Miles; 12,500 Miles
OPTIMUM Protection (2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]
STANDARD Protection (3) Castrol SLX Professional 5w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]

ENGINE: 5 Cylinder & 8 Cylinder Petrol Engines
OPTIMUM Protection (1) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec for Volvo Cars 0w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]

ENGINE: Other Petrol Engines: 6 Cylinder Petrol Engines / All Bi Fuel Engines / S60R & V70R.

MODEL: C30, NEW S40, V50, NEW C70 (Hardtop Convertible)
YEAR: From 2004>
ENGINE: 4 Cylinder Petrol Engines / 4 Cylinder Diesel Engines / E85- Engines.
STANDARD Protection (4) Castrol Magnatec Professional 5w-30 [ACEA A1]

ENGINE: 5 Cylinder Petrol Engines.
STANDARD Protection (2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]

ENGINE: 5 Cylinder Diesel Engines.

MODEL: S40, V40, S60, V70 (any), XC90, C70, S80 (inc 1999>)
YEAR: 2000 to 2004 (S80 = 1999>)
ENGINE: All Petrol and Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: All
OPTIMUM Protection (2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]

MODEL: S40, V40, V70, C70, S90, V90, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800, 900
YEAR: Up to > 1999
ENGINE: All Petrol and Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: All
OPTIMUM Protection (5) Castrol Magnatec Professional 10w-40 [ACEA A3]
STANDARD Protection (6) Castrol GTX Professional 10w-40 [ACEA A3/B3]

This post has been edited by FRF Motors: 10 March 2011 - 15:35
Reason for edit: UPDATED MARCH 2011

Here are the prices for the Genuine Volvo oils that we can now supply, not all of the above oils in this thread can be supplied by us.

The following oils are supplied in either 1L or 4L containers, and come in Volvo packaging, as shown in this picture.

All prices shown are the prices we supply these items at, and are already discounted from their retail prices. All prices include VAT at 20%.

Equivalent Castrol Oil shown from above post to make it easier to establish the correct oil required.:

(1) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec for Volvo Cars 0w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]
1L = [1161711] £14.04 each
4L = [1161719] £47.95 each

(2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]
1L = [1161830] £12.10 each
4L = [1161831] £42.98 each

(3) Castrol SLX Professional 5w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]
1L = [31316299] £9.07 each
4L = [31316300] £25.70 each

You may also be interested in the prices of Genuine Volvo concentrated Antifreeze, also available in the same style packages, again sold in 1L and 4L containers.

Antifreeze / Summer Coolant, Concentrated (to be mixed 50/50 with water)
1L = [9437650] £3.19 each
4L = [9437651] £9.74 each

Genuine Volvo Parts With Discount, Without Leaving Your House!

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/3579-oi...a-handy-guide/

Rufe May 9th, 2011 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald (Post 902099)
I saw this on posting by Simon on the td5 forum and thought it was usful so here it is.

Hello Roy, No problem and a good idea, but its probably better if you edit your post to include my images too, so it makes a little more sense.

RoyMacDonald May 9th, 2011 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufe (Post 902911)
Hello Roy, No problem and a good idea, but its probably better if you edit your post to include my images too, so it makes a little more sense.

Hi Simon

I just copied and pasted it and that's how it came out.

I thought anyone interested would follow the link.

I've always wondered what the recomended oils was when they dropped the original oil mine was filled with. (R-tec?) I didn't appricate that SLX proffesional longtec 0W-30 and SLX proffesional longtec for Volvo cars 0W-30 were different oils until you pointed it out.

To confuse me even more if you use Castrols oil check on their web site it recommends Edge turbo diesel 5W-40.

They all have different flow thicknesses at 100C. 10 - 12.2 - 13.9

I'm going to order the recommended stuff from you anyway. I figure Volvo have tested and chosen what they think is the best.

Thanks.

Roy

PS the edit button dissapeared too quickly for me to edit it.

martybelfastt5 May 10th, 2011 11:12

s60R timing kit recieved today thanks lads,:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Volvon May 12th, 2011 09:52

Maybe you can make a webform for international customers only to save us the phone bill ;)

Rufe May 12th, 2011 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyvää (Post 905243)
Maybe you can make a webform for international customers only to save us the phone bill ;)

Yes that is a good and fair point, and its not only the phone bill as I also understand that it is often much easier for some non-English speaking people to communicate in writing rather than speaking to us, so I will still be asking non-uk customers to communicate by email if they prefer. frfvolvoparts@gmail.com

I will still be replying to PM's that I receive, but these will unfortunately be less of a priority than the phone calls as we are encouraging everyone to call us now for an instant quote instead of email messages or pm's. If anyone has a non-urgent enquiry then by all means send a message to me, but otherwise we recommend calling us on the numbers below as my reply here may take a few days.

FOR FULL INFORMATION ON CHANGES TO OUR PROCEDURE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK............

Many thanks,

Dean1985 May 12th, 2011 21:43

Recieved parts and fitted, thanks Simon

gdphillips May 24th, 2011 15:11

wow what a top service,mike spot on thank you............big thanks.....gdphillips

Andy Northface May 25th, 2011 10:18

PCV kit Arrived on Saturday and was fitted on Sunday,Car s now sweet as a nut!!
Thank you,Andy. :)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=125252

Rufe May 26th, 2011 14:56

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your support over the last few weeks!

Switching all parts price enquiries back to the phone lines was a big change for us but it really has proved a success so far. Everyone has been able to get an instant quote from us where required, taking a reference number for use on a later date if preferred, or simply proceeding with the order there and then. Either way its working very well so far, and hopefully it can continue to be a positive change for everyone.

In case you do not know what I am referring to, if required you can read my previous post here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...&postcount=368

So many thanks to everyone for all of your continued support, it really is very appreciated from all of us here.

I am still replying to PM messages here when I get chance, but we are encouraging everyone to instead call us where possible to get an instant quote over the phone. Don't forget to make it clear you are a Volvo owners club forum user when calling so we can give you our best prices.

(Quoting discount code 'C3' is one way to do this, but just telling us you are on here is enough, so we know to give our best prices.)

...and now not forgetting Mike, Jeff and Graham who are now also on hand to help with all telephone price enquiries at the FRF Volvo Parts Department in Swansea.

jonnyv May 26th, 2011 17:22

Thanks again Simon and Mike for a sterling job. Parts all ready for me to pick up. On my way in a few minutes. Easy for me as I'm always back and fore Cardiff to Swansea.
Unbeatable prices and ultraquick service.

Cheers,

Jon:thumbs_up:

martinglester Jun 3rd, 2011 13:52

Not sure who in the parts department I spoke to (forgot to ask) but thanks very much!

Mine was only a very small order, the two trims that fit into the 'B' post where the seatbelt exits, but was dealt with as if I was spending a lot more, which I will be in the future.

Great service, received and fitted within 48 hours of my original call.

harvey07 Jun 7th, 2011 21:26

Cheers Simon, spot on. Very polite & professional to deal with.

Discounts make it almost bearable to buy genuine Volvo kit.

Given I ordered just before the Bank Holiday weekend, one week delivery was ok. Shame Yodel don't open on a Sat (up here anyway) or else I'd have been fitting all the stuff last weekend. As it is, it's now all planned for this weekend.

BTW - got to be the most comprehensive packaging I have ever seen !

I'll be back for more mate.

ewanc0 Jun 12th, 2011 14:45

Hi Simon, can you have a look here and let me know if you can supply what i need. Thanks, Ewan
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=126909

JamesV70R Jun 14th, 2011 12:24

Yet another order placed with FRF!

Bought expansion tank hose and coolant level sensor the other week as I had a leak from thar area, and had damaged the sensor removing expansion tank (DOH!) ...

Turns out the leak IS from the expansion tank ... So hopefully this will be the last order I place for a while ....

Top service though! (And enjoy the pizza guys! ;) )

froggyted Jun 17th, 2011 14:44

I received the S40 load floor panel safely last week, many thanks for the service and the discount. The part is still expensive after the discount, and i'm angry with Volvo for them not supplying the fold-up grocery bag panel as a separate part (it was the plastic hinges that shattered), and have told them so, but the discount offered by FRF did at least lessen the pain somewhat!

Biotoxic Jun 17th, 2011 21:30

received seals 2 days ago, thanks :)

t5_monkey Jun 17th, 2011 22:03

Recently ordered 2 parts, one of which I needed to return.

FRF were friendly, efficient and rang me up the day it arrived to give ME a refund! how good is that?

Buy with confidence from these guys.

buffalo4 Jun 20th, 2011 21:55

Towbar and Gubbins

Hi I Ordered Towbar and Associated Gubbins on Wednesday ....Delivered Friday...Unbelievable, Exceptional Service and a Great Price Too...Many Many Thanks :thumbs_up:

jas828 Jun 21st, 2011 18:17

radio coversion

just ordered single din conversion from simon and the guys top service and easy transaction

joevolvo Jun 21st, 2011 18:40

Hello there,

First of all, congrats on your feedback. :)

Then my 'request':
I've been in an accident a few days ago..and thus need some replacement parts unfortunately :(

It's a Volvo C30, from 2007. (NonUK modell, thus wheel on the left in case that would matter)

The parts that I can name easily:
- Left front head lamp - xenon. Only the most outsidest cover is broken, but as far as I know I can only replace the whole unit. Is that right?

- 1 of 18" Atreus alloy wheel.

For the rest could I send you some photos to show?
Thanks in advance!
Joe

PS: new member, cant PM just yet..

Roger Breaker Jun 23rd, 2011 09:31

Hi all!

Just a note to thank you for the swift service (despite the efforts of a stand-in parcel delivery driver!) and great discount.

'08 S40 R-Design floormat set and centre console trim ordered, received, and fitted! ...well, the mats are fitted anyway, not had time to fit the trim yet!)

Very highly recommended, thanks for the great service. 'I'll be back', as they say in Austria ;)

Makai73 Jun 23rd, 2011 11:07

Another mission completed with honours

As per the title, the now standard level of service from Rufe and the rest of the boys.
Parts ordered late Monday afternoon, delivered Wednesday lunch time, fitted in the rain within an hour and made no difference to the cars problems although that isn't FRFs fault!

malcolmk Jun 23rd, 2011 13:44

parts arrived today,only ordered monday,and thats to the Highlands,thankyou, i was disapointed there wasn`t a little mechanic in the box to fit them for me tho,lol i shall just have to do it myself.

jiege01 Jun 28th, 2011 18:47

Im just enquiring if the s40 sport kit parts ('06 model) can be bought separately. I only require the rear bumper valance, if they can could you get me a price for it please. Also can the interior trim panels be bought seperately, i need passenger side door trim- aluminium.

robertsonn Jul 5th, 2011 12:59

I have just used FRF for routine service parts and a new set of intercooler hoses, fantastic service and a great bunch of guys. Thanks again.
nick.

volvo always Jul 5th, 2011 23:27

I ordered a track rod and track rod end for my 240 and it arrived safely:thumbs_up:
I have only just got it fitted today. Exactly the parts I needed:thumbs_up: For the Mot a year ago I got cheap ones fitted/ bought here. Buy genuine volvo and only do the job once.

Nice to have non creaky steering:thumbs_up:

Excellent service, James:thumbs_up:

AlfiestheCat Jul 6th, 2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Breaker (Post 933199)
'08 S40 R-Design floormat set and centre console trim ordered, received, and fitted! ...well, the mats are fitted anyway, not had time to fit the trim yet!)

Hi

Sorry if posted in wrong place...

Just wondering what the R-Design mats look like as I have been after some. Looked on the Volvo website and they just have plain mats or mats with "Volvo" embossed on. I thought Volvo would have done some kind of special mats for the R-Design?

Roger Breaker Jul 13th, 2011 23:15

Sorry, unable to pm atm.

Hi mate.
Sorry haven't answered you before, have only just spotted msg. Well I've not seen the standard ones, but I believe the only difference is a highly reflective silver piping around the edges of each mat. Looks very effective when you open the doors.
Hope this helps?!
Simon

AlfiestheCat Jul 14th, 2011 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Breaker (Post 946117)
Sorry, unable to pm atm.

Hi mate.
Sorry haven't answered you before, have only just spotted msg. Well I've not seen the standard ones, but I believe the only difference is a highly reflective silver piping around the edges of each mat. Looks very effective when you open the doors.
Hope this helps?!
Simon

Yeah, cheers!

Ive seen those on the volvo website, if you dont mind me asking, how much did they cost? I was looking at customising my own set of mats from a company online but quite expensive (£70)!

johnjb Jul 16th, 2011 12:11

Rear Pads

Hi Simon

Thanks for the speedy response to my request for rear pads for s40 new engine, ordered on thur at 1700 hours arrived this morning Sat at 0800.
Well done.