Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Which wind deflector in a C70 '06 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296439)

Papageno Jul 8th, 2019 21:11

Which wind deflector in a C70 '06

Hi all,
When i bought my secondhand C70 a month or 2 ago there was no winddeflector inlcuded. THe OEM are quiet expensive.
I've found Airax as a substitute, which is a little cheaper. Which wind deflectors do you use and what do I keep in mind when buying one?
Thanks in advance for letting me know.

PS I live in Boston Massachusetts region, so if you one somewhere around, please let me know.

Sysyphus Jul 12th, 2019 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papageno (Post 2534854)
Hi all,
When i bought my secondhand C70 a month or 2 ago there was no winddeflector inlcuded. THe OEM are quiet expensive.
I've found Airax as a substitute, which is a little cheaper. Which wind deflectors do you use and what do I keep in mind when buying one?
Thanks in advance for letting me know.

PS I live in Boston Massachusetts region, so if you one somewhere around, please let me know.

OEM is definitely best... I did buy a "cheap" imitation on eBay a while back... worked great as a wind deflector but unlike the genuine article it doesn't fold in half so there's no way to stow it in the car when not in use, meaning you have to decide at the start of the journey whether you are going to be a two-seater or a 4 with no deflector for the entire trip ... I bought a genuine replacement which I'm much happier with, but still have the old one because it's size makes it very tricky/expensive to ship... if you're ever in the Philadelphia area qive me a shout and I could let you have it for cheap

Baxlin Jul 12th, 2019 05:27

The OE one also has zipped panels to access the rear seat for shopping bags etc, but I have to admit I’ve never used them in anger!

Papageno Jul 24th, 2019 15:39

Thanks guys. I've read in the manual that when you use these wind deflektors you ought to put them down when closing/opening the roof. Is this correct? (for both the OEM as the "replica", please).
I use my C70 as a daily driver/commute car and want to ride as much open as possible. Thus far I open and close my roof twice a day, this could become annoying.
Thanks in advance for sharing.

Sysyphus Jul 24th, 2019 19:36

No need to remove or fold down the deflector while opening or closing the roof... the deflector sits well inside the cabin clear of any moving parts... that said, I do prefer to fold down the flap when I have the roof up because the netting of the deflector does significantly decrease visibility in the rearview mirror - in any case it's extremely simple to fold the flap up or down with one hand from the drivers seat