Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Electrics: Volvo S/V70 Airbag connector required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=299755)

Darth Vol Oct 21st, 2019 13:48

Volvo S/V70 Airbag connector required

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for the connector wiring loom from passenger dashboard airbag to the dashboard loom.

Has anyone got one from a 1997-1998 volvo S/V70 they may be disassembling at the moment?

Cheers

Tweedle12 Oct 22nd, 2019 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vol (Post 2564664)
Looking for the connector wiring loom from passenger dashboard airbag to the dashboard loom.

Has anyone got one from a 1997-1998 volvo S/V70 they may be disassembling at the moment?

Cheers

I would have that from a 2005 C70 if it might be compatible?

SteveSarre Oct 22nd, 2019 19:00

Hi Darth

Do you need the connector on the airbag side of the junction, or the dash side? or both?

If you need the airbag side, then I suppose it will have to come from a car with the passenger airbag.

If you need the dash side, I wonder if that loom is included on the cars even if they don't have a passenger airbag?

I don't have one , but will keep a look out.

Steve

Darth Vol Oct 23rd, 2019 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweedle12 (Post 2565078)
I would have that from a 2005 C70 if it might be compatible?

Would be interested in getting a visual if possible?

Cheers!

Darth Vol Oct 23rd, 2019 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSarre (Post 2565104)
Hi Darth

Do you need the connector on the airbag side of the junction, or the dash side? or both?

If you need the airbag side, then I suppose it will have to come from a car with the passenger airbag.

If you need the dash side, I wonder if that loom is included on the cars even if they don't have a passenger airbag?

I don't have one , but will keep a look out.

Steve

Hi Steve.

Just the passenger side.

I have everything else fitted to the car but as the car has been sitting since Feb 2017 and was moved to a mechanic mates place in Limerick. So I've not really been able to recap properly as I'm now permanently based in Munich so I rarely get to that part of the world anymore.

I've got the passenger side airbag fitted, with appropriate airbag module but somewhere during the removal of that loom from the V70R donor car in an industrial estate in North Wales back in 2015 with Andy (Thanatos) (I think it was that year) I must have dropped that particular section of loom or left it in the car that was then crushed.

Just aim to have the Volvo back on the road sometime 1Q/2Q 2020 so would like to have the passenger side air bag functioning.

Anyhow, lunch is over.... back to the office :)

Tweedle12 Oct 23rd, 2019 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vol (Post 2565302)
Would be interested in getting a visual if possible?

Cheers!

Certainly - please give me a few days.