Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 ODB codes (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=284021)

Lincolnite Jul 12th, 2018 20:26

XC60 ODB codes

Hi,

I’ve just invested in a Bluetooth OBD dongle and the car scanner app on my iPhone. It all worked first time, the data looks interesting and one of the parameters of DPF soot which is what I was after being able to access.

The code reader however shows about 6 error codes - but I can’t find an easy reference list to decipher them. Is there a definitive list anywhere, or should I just post them up and hope someone will take pity and decipher them for me?

I haven’t reset the codes as yet, it comes up with a warning about doing it with the engine running or not - any thoughts?

Thanks - Rob

Clan Jul 12th, 2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lincolnite (Post 2424568)
Hi,

I’ve just invested in a Bluetooth OBD dongle and the car scanner app on my iPhone. It all worked first time, the data looks interesting and one of the parameters of DPF soot which is what I was after being able to access.

The code reader however shows about 6 error codes - but I can’t find an easy reference list to decipher them. Is there a definitive list anywhere, or should I just post them up and hope someone will take pity and decipher them for me?

I haven’t reset the codes as yet, it comes up with a warning about doing it with the engine running or not - any thoughts?

Thanks - Rob

sometimes it is best leaving the codes , they can't be important unless you get a message in the dash with the general warning light on ..

Zebster Jul 12th, 2018 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lincolnite (Post 2424568)
Hi,

I’ve just invested in a Bluetooth OBD dongle and the car scanner app on my iPhone. It all worked first time, the data looks interesting and one of the parameters of DPF soot which is what I was after being able to access...

I'm impressed that you were able to access the DPF loading value via OBD2, what app are you using please?

I didn't think that iPhones connected to dongles via Bluetooth?

Lincolnite Jul 12th, 2018 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebster (Post 2424602)
I'm impressed that you were able to access the DPF loading value via OBD2, what app are you using please?

I didn't think that iPhones connected to dongles via Bluetooth?

It’s the Viecar Bluetooth 4 LE dongle - from Amazon, it was £19.99. The app is the car scanner app from the App Store. This is the 2nd dongle I bought, I couldn’t get the eBay one to work so sent it back and got a refund & bought this one. I’m using an iPhone 7 with latest iOS.

HTH - Rob

piotrek Jan 21st, 2019 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebster (Post 2424602)

I can confirm, Car Scanner displays DPF soot in 5-cylinder Volvo diesels, however it cannot read DPF data for newer VEA 4-cylinder engines.

Zebster Jan 21st, 2019 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrek (Post 2487328)
I can confirm, Car Scanner displays DPF soot in 5-cylinder Volvo diesels, however it cannot read DPF data for newer VEA 4-cylinder engines.

No, I've got the 'Car Scanner' app on an Android tablet... it connects to my Bluetooth ELM327 and gives a lot of sensor readings, but sadly nothing to do with the DPF.