Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Volvo S60 premium sound system (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=135680)

NewVolvo Mar 29th, 2012 07:53

Having had an XF as a rental in Germany that was equipped with the B&W system all I can say is, yes - it was good but not a patch IMO on the Volvo XC60 Dynaudio I had at the time.

However, reading other posts, I didn't realize that the Volvo system is "only" 130W which sounds a bit puny.... my current....hrm, 5 series, has 600W and it's impossible to sit inside of the car when turned up. Qualit is also very very good and I would say that its the best sound system of any car I've ever heard. Although it is a €1000 upgrade here in Germany so not cheap and I think it's well worth it.

Rawas Mar 29th, 2012 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewVolvo (Post 1127529)
Having had an XF as a rental in Germany that was equipped with the B&W system all I can say is, yes - it was good but not a patch IMO on the Volvo XC60 Dynaudio I had at the time.

However, reading other posts, I didn't realize that the Volvo system is "only" 130W which sounds a bit puny.... my current....hrm, 5 series, has 600W and it's impossible to sit inside of the car when turned up. Qualit is also very very good and I would say that its the best sound system of any car I've ever heard. Although it is a €1000 upgrade here in Germany so not cheap and I think it's well worth it.

Volvo's premium sound system power amp. is 5x130 w, this is 650 watt.
http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...io-review.html

Smithy37 Mar 29th, 2012 12:25

I have a V60 with the High performance multimedia system fitted. Speaking as a man who once owned an S60R with the famed dynaudio system I too was a little disappointed in the sound. Mainly the bottom end bass.
My 'Fix' was to invest 145GBP in a pioneer TS-WX110A space saving, powered, subwoofer. I had initially decided to fit this in the boot, but after a bit of cajoling I managed to squeeze her under the passenger seat. I thought this would be better acoustically than hidden/muffled in the boot.
Now I am not a bass junkie and must confess to being very conservative with the settings, but I think I have managed to make this system a winner.
I am able to tweak the graphic equaliser in this system perfectly to my tastes. I can also control the sub through the wired remote which I have managed to hide in the waterfall storage space behind the dash.

The sound won't make your ears bleed but it now certainly 'feels' loud enough.

I have tried to take pictures of the system nestled under the seat but I can't get a decent enough shot to demonstrate what I mean.

Best 145 pounds I have ever spent!

LJD Mar 29th, 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewVolvo (Post 1127529)

And if i put my old 3 watt hifi system in your car , you would almost pass out !!

yes..3 x watts . NEVER ever believe the "watts" sales pitch, Quad 57's run of Leak stereo 20 in tri mode. Sounded Amazing

Ok... the situation B&W was they where told they would be doing the install, turns out Jag just really wanted the "name" and this annoyed B&W would had little control

Lexus also do a great install

who makes the volvo amps ??

volvorocks Mar 29th, 2012 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJD (Post 1127765)

who makes the volvo amps ??

http://www.audyssey.com/about/press-...eliver-premium

...not sure whether they actually make them or just do the acoustics etc...

LJD Mar 29th, 2012 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvorocks (Post 1127768)
http://www.audyssey.com/about/press-...eliver-premium

...not sure whether they actually make them or just do the acoustics etc...

Thats the new models !! And very good Audyssey are .

But who made the 2002 amps on the V70 ?

Rawas Mar 29th, 2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJD (Post 1127812)
Thats the new models !! And very good Audyssey are .

But who made the 2002 amps on the V70 ?

Alpine did.

LJD Mar 29th, 2012 17:23

Ok...so like a Aston Martin ? !!

Another question,
Alpine speakers as well?
I have a boxed pair of "morels" that would probably fit . Also if the amp is a standard 4 chn etc i have a few options under the bed, including a stunning old skool "soundstream"

Rawas Mar 30th, 2012 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJD (Post 1127861)
Ok...so like a Aston Martin ? !!

Another question,
Alpine speakers as well?
I have a boxed pair of "morels" that would probably fit . Also if the amp is a standard 4 chn etc i have a few options under the bed, including a stunning old skool "soundstream"

I don't know, but I would like to know. The only way to tell is by removing the door panel and to read the manufacturer label on speaker magnet. If you are going to do this please let us know.
The amp is located under the passenger seat, check if it's a 4 channels or not.
Regards

RS LOZWORTH Mar 30th, 2012 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy37 (Post 1127654)
I have a V60 with the High performance multimedia system fitted. Speaking as a man who once owned an S60R with the famed dynaudio system I too was a little disappointed in the sound. Mainly the bottom end bass.
My 'Fix' was to invest 145GBP in a pioneer TS-WX110A space saving, powered, subwoofer. I had initially decided to fit this in the boot, but after a bit of cajoling I managed to squeeze her under the passenger seat. I thought this would be better acoustically than hidden/muffled in the boot.
Now I am not a bass junkie and must confess to being very conservative with the settings, but I think I have managed to make this system a winner.
I am able to tweak the graphic equaliser in this system perfectly to my tastes. I can also control the sub through the wired remote which I have managed to hide in the waterfall storage space behind the dash.

The sound won't make your ears bleed but it now certainly 'feels' loud enough.

I have tried to take pictures of the system nestled under the seat but I can't get a decent enough shot to demonstrate what I mean.

Best 145 pounds I have ever spent!

Did you put this into a brand new V60? If yes, where did you get it from and how did you wire it in?

I want one :)