Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Volvo Scan Tool (Free Scan) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70633)

pete1953 Oct 14th, 2010 11:28

hello, i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a fault reader for my 1996 850 auto estate, i have ignition and abs lights on all the time, also my gearbox light keeps flashing? Can anyone help? I live in Lancashire. First time I`ve replied or asked for help on this site, don`t know how to use it properly yet?

RUTV70 Oct 27th, 2010 15:08

Pete...you need to start a new thread of your own...hidden away in this one you'll not get much response probably.

Neil

mattn388gfc Nov 1st, 2010 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomKlan (Post 662012)
Thank you all for this fantastic Forum,

I always liked the cars in general but done my best to avoid looking under the bonnet. Until this forum that is. I now completely fascinated by what is going on in parts department and how to best fix them if something does go wrong.

I bought a scan tool to read some error coder it's OBDII if anyone would like borrow one, please be free to contact me.

I don't want to make any money on it, all you need to pay is Guaranteed P&P fee. Will post to London or surrounded areas.

Regards

Tom

Will post pic. soon of the model I have

just wondered if you still have the code reader and where abouts you are in london

blackcat Nov 8th, 2010 14:06

I'll be brief, I recently joined the forum, completed registration etc. I have a question, re engine management light, but don't know how to ask it? Can anyone assist. I wrote the problem out and it appears under my profile but I've no idea how to ask it. I hope this makes some sense, regards, Richard.

silverback02 Nov 8th, 2010 14:42

Hi there,
If you have had the codes read , they should tell you if there's a prob, but start off with the simple servicing bits & bobs before worrying too much.
Unless your mate has the correct leads / software for the Volvo it may not show the codes.
joe.

Jp003 Feb 21st, 2011 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 492942)
HI all..
i have just acquired a volvo scan tool. it covers all volvo up to 1998 S/V40, 900. 850,V70, C70,i am offering a FREE service in the west yorkshire area to clear fault codes, however if you wish to donate to my grandsons holiday kitty it will be appreciated.
mike

Cant you just use any EOBD reader? Why does it have to be the volvo one? What advantages do you get? I use a cheap reader and it clears all the p0,p1,p2 codes.

regards John

silverback02 Feb 22nd, 2011 00:53

A lot of the "cheaper" readers will only read engine and poss brake codes,
The Volvo one will do air bags, switches, Gearbox and accessories. Alot more than the usual.
Joe.

Jp003 Feb 24th, 2011 20:17

Now im interested. Think ill look into that sounds like just what I need.

captian Nov 27th, 2011 16:37

Thanks I wish I was living over the 'pond'

Thanks I live in Toronto so I guess I'm out of the running for that generous offer!

I'd like to ask, can you tell me the grades of gasoline/petrol you have in Britain and the current cost per litre?

Thanks

Ian

Phat Barsteward Dec 15th, 2011 21:51

Your not in the north east area at the minute are you? Lol