Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Volvo Scan Tool (Free Scan) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70633)

markconnor33 Apr 3rd, 2013 22:36

Cheers

I thought he did, but I did get a response from him previously to say his wouldn't work with my XC90.

Has he only just got DICE.

Mark

Thanatos Apr 3rd, 2013 22:42

I have dice and my mate has an xc90 it depends if you want codes reading or something that needs software downloading as he has had dice a while now.

If you need something urgent and can't get hold of mike and can make the
Reston meet at the weekend I will be there with the kit

markconnor33 Apr 3rd, 2013 22:48

Thanks it's not really urgent, just want to get to bottom of problem sometime.

Basically I'm getting the "engine service required/limp mode" problem on my XC90.

My code reader shows no codes, but pending Turbo wastegate fault.

Really wanting to do the sort of tests suggested on wastegate/solenoids etc. Can DICE do that or is VADIS/something else needed.

Mark

Thanatos Apr 3rd, 2013 22:58

Vida should be able to do all that Vadis is just older software

markconnor33 Apr 4th, 2013 22:27

Cheers
Now I am confused though is Vida the same as Dice?

Mark

RM955I Apr 4th, 2013 22:30

VIDA is the PC software, DICE is the cable/dongle

dvnam Nov 17th, 2014 13:25

Hi Mike, Recently acquired a 2003 C70 T5 Convertible and wondered if I might take advantage of your generous offer. Currently in Wakefield so could meet almost any time that's convenient.
Regards, David

P Appleyard Nov 29th, 2014 17:30

Reader

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered
Hi PhiL
Yes it was me that did the read for you. my reader is not working and i am looking to sort another out after the xmas period, so i can not help you out this time.
all the best
Mike

Hi Mike
Thanks for the prompt reply, I don't suppose you can suggest anyone else? I am actually between Retford and Gainsborough about 15 ml from Lincoln.

Alternatively can you advise a suitable reader, they seem to be cheaper than previously but you need to source the right one.

I bought one for £140 ish back at the time you helped me, but could not find a computer which had the right software and sufficient RAM and running early software.

The pressure was off so I did not pursue it, now I wish I had.

Cheers Phil

silverback02 Oct 30th, 2015 00:31

Hi Guys / Gals,

Just a quick one.

I have just got hold of a Icarsoft i906, and this will read ALL Codes from Saab and Volvo.

So if anyone that is in my area, (Bangor, Co Down N.I.) want, needs their codes read then pm me, (a pint or two will cover it)

cheers all
joe.

corvairbob Dec 30th, 2015 16:12

so if you guys are real good at figuring out the c70 problems can you tell me this? i just got a 99 c70 and i found it had a bunch of cluster bulbs out, so i took off the dash and removed the cluster after disconnecting the battery. and i sat that way for about a month while i found bulbs for it. anyway the top worked before i did all this and now i get the rops lamp and the top only raises the back window and no more. the windows go down as they should. the rops lamp did not stay on before i'm sure it came on and then off. but it may have been burne out as well now i can't remember. can the rops keep the top from working? or do i need to look more? thanks