Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   New lady member.... be nice 😃 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290105)

SwissXC90 Dec 30th, 2018 09:40

And one more consideration:

Do you have children or do you want children?
Do you want them to live a good life?

If you do, stop poisoning the planet unnecessarily with a vehicle modified to emit higher emissions than was ever intended by the manufacturer and the law makers...

I am in my 50s and have lived through the dirty diesel era, and am now seeing clean diesels, and I enjoy breathing in clean air.
I have seen and experienced the direct impact in my lifetime of improved emissions standards on diesel vehicles.
Don't go backwards.

The Thong Dec 30th, 2018 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissXC90 (Post 2480059)

If you do, stop poisoning the planet unnecessarily with a vehicle modified to emit higher emissions than was ever intended by the manufacturer and the law makers...

I am in my 50s and have lived through the dirty diesel era, and am now seeing clean diesels, and I enjoy breathing in clean air.
I have seen and experienced the direct impact in my lifetime of improved emissions standards on diesel vehicles.
Don't go backwards.

Not entirely correct, my V50 run far cleaner with the EGR blanked. I saw a much lower particulate emissions and better mpg. Change the fuel filter if it hasn’t already been done, I’ve heard quite a few issues have been caused by a mucky fuel filter.

TT

andy_d Dec 30th, 2018 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwissXC90 (Post 2480059)

Don't go backwards.

bull****
no such thing as "clean diesel" never was never will be , BUT sheep believe the bull. IF you really had a single Clue you would never make that statement.
the emissions from diesel have and ALWAYS will be FAR more harmful than leaded petrol cars. anyone claiming otherwise is a fool without a clue.

Swissxc90, Join the ignore list, you are a fool with a BAD attitude.

Tannaton Dec 30th, 2018 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 2480143)
bull****
no such thing as "clean diesel" never was never will be , BUT sheep believe the bull. IF you really had a single Clue you would never make that statement.
the emissions from diesel have and ALWAYS will be FAR more harmful than leaded petrol cars. anyone claiming otherwise is a fool without a clue.

Swissxc90, Join the ignore list, you are a fool with a BAD attitude.

Swiss has an opinion. Judging by your rant it's you who has the attitude.

The Thong Dec 30th, 2018 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannaton (Post 2480174)
Swiss has an opinion. Judging by your rant it's you who has the attitude.

I disagree, the OP has come here for advice on how to overcome what sounds to be a complicated issue. The above post is inappropriate for this particular thread.
Perhaps we should get back on to subject and keep our opinions to more appropriate threads.

TT

T5R92011 Dec 30th, 2018 18:55

+ 1 on changing the fuel filter.

Janinehobin Dec 30th, 2018 19:08

Wow! Lovely comment left there above 🤭

When I bought the car, I had no idea of the parts removed or changed. I have only in the last few days found the egr and the CAT removed. So please remove yourself from my post. Mong.

To all the other lovely people on here, turns out it's a faulty injector. Tonight it's decided to pi$$ diesel all over my engine and drive WOOHOO! but, hopefully after fixing it, it'll be spot on! I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

The Thong Dec 30th, 2018 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janinehobin (Post 2480203)
Wow! Lovely comment left there above 🤭

When I bought the car, I had no idea of the parts removed or changed. I have only in the last few days found the egr and the CAT removed. So please remove yourself from my post. Mong.

To all the other lovely people on here, turns out it's a faulty injector. Tonight it's decided to pi$$ diesel all over my engine and drive WOOHOO! but, hopefully after fixing it, it'll be spot on! I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

The injectors are a fail on the 2ltr but if you have to replace it then it’ll be a dealer jobby, they have to be coded to the car. I hope it’s been something as simple as a loose union on the injector... Good luck

TT

Janinehobin Dec 30th, 2018 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thong (Post 2480205)
The injectors are a fail on the 2ltr but if you have to replace it then it’ll be a dealer jobby, they have to be coded to the car. I hope it’s been something as simple as a loose union on the injector... Good luck

TT

Snap. Me too! Looks like a lose screw. Too dark now, will look into it properly tomorrow. Really appreciate all the tips!

SwissXC90 Dec 30th, 2018 20:01

Great to hear that my suspicions of a misfire have a high probability of being correct.

And for those who don't like my opinions: tough.