Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Replacing stolen/damaged parts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253238)

woodman Jul 15th, 2016 20:39

Replacing stolen/damaged parts

Hello,

I finally got Magnus back from the police today, so I've made an inventory of all the damage that has been done and the parts that have been stolen.

I've pasted the whole list here, so if anyone has any of these parts and would like to sell or donate, please let me know. (All postage and packing costs covered, of course). I'd like to suss out pretty swiftly which bits I can source from you folks and which bits I'll need to buy new.

Many thanks, Andy.

1. Bodywork/fittings
Wing mirrors - missing: replace
Radiator grilles - missing: replace
Fog lights - missing: replace
Roof gutters - chrome damaged: may clean up, replace if available
Driver's door chrome trim - missing: replace
Both front quarterlights - damaged: replace
Fuel cap - damaged: replace
Rear bumper - damaged: may straighten and rechrome, otherwise replace

2. Paintwork
Scratch on roof where roofrack was stolen - respray
Front panel - chips around where grilles were prised - respray
Both front wings - damaged where wing mirrors ripped: reshape and repaint

3. Interior
Dashpanel (steel) badly damaged - replace if possible, otherwise repair and repaint
Dashpad (vinyl) - ripped at corner and chrome trim missing: replace
Radio blank (steel) - missing: replace
Ignition switch and armoured cable - damaged: replace
Steering wheel horn ring - damaged: replace
Steering column cowl/automatic transmission selector display - missing: replace
Choke cable - missing: replace
Brake pedal to master cylinder connection - vandalised: repair/replace as necessary
Steering column/dashboard wiring - cut/damaged: replace/rewire as necessary

4. Other Missing items
Roof rack
Spare wheel
Tools (wheel spanner, other spanners)
Number plates
Battery

222s Jul 15th, 2016 23:03

Pretty sure that I can help with some of the stuff that you need - I will have a hunt in the garage over the weekend to confirm what's there, but think it includes a matching pair of front quarterlight assemblies (i.e. still in their mounting frames).

Noddy 123gt Jul 16th, 2016 21:04

Hi there is a chap called Neil mobile number 07931231932 based in Leicester that is breaking a 2 door car. I was there yesterday and got some stuff from him he has also got some parts already stripped off the car. I got a dash from him for £10 and various other bits and he wasn't dear. I don't know how far away it is for you by maybe worth a call.

Good luck

purplebargeken Jul 17th, 2016 20:11

I have a radio blank if required. I will get a piccie tomorrow for you.
Possibly a complete dash panel and pad.

All based in North London though.

Ken

222s Jul 17th, 2016 22:50

Just emailed you with details of the parts I can help you with - let me know if you haven't received it!

woodman Jul 18th, 2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplebargeken (Post 2141319)
I have a radio blank if required. I will get a piccie tomorrow for you.
Possibly a complete dash panel and pad.

All based in North London though.

Ken

Hello Ken,

If we just go for the radio blank then that would be easy enough to post, I guess. I may be interested in the dash panel and pad if they're in decent condition - still considering getting a piece welded into my existing panel and respraying, though I definitely need the chrome strip in any case, and I don't think it would be wise to post that! I'm planning a road trip with an estate car the very first week of August, and a few kind folks have already offered me some bits, so it might be possible to include North London in that trip.

Many thanks,

Andy.

purplebargeken Jul 18th, 2016 12:28

Hi Andy, I'm going to pop down to the garage shortly, I'll take a piccie and post it on here.

Hopefully no-one has parked in front of the garage!

davidw6092 Jul 21st, 2016 06:28

Hi Andy,I can do you a pair of grilles and a coil/armoured cable.I don't have any door trims left.Do you want to pm me your address and I will send them up to you,or are you heading down Banbury way anytime soon.(jcn 11 M40)
Cheers Dave

woodman Aug 6th, 2016 00:14

Hello,

A big thanks to those who've already helped me with sourcing parts - it was good to meet you all on my grand tour!

There are some bits I'm still struggling for, especially:
choke knob/rod
auto steering column cowl/selector display
dash vinyl pad (I can buy new but we're sailing close to the car's value on the insurance claim, and this is the biggest single part cost at the moment)

I'm surfing ebay for stuff, but I'm also in the market for wing mirrors and fog lights (I stress fog, not spot).

I know the auto column cowl is rare - I'd consider importing from overseas if needs be.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Volvo_133 Aug 6th, 2016 13:08

Hi Andy,
I have a choke pull lever you can have foc.
Sorry i can no longer meet with parts during the working day as i have retired.
Sent you a text.

Chris.