Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Sensus rebooting - XC90 MY18 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288003)

StephanT Oct 28th, 2018 19:02

Sensus rebooting - XC90 MY18

hi All,

Today I took a trip in my 4 week old (2018) model XC90 D5 - Had no issues the past 4 weeks, but during today's return leg, the center screen rebooted and once it was back up again it had the previous destination set and started navigating there... when I clicked cancel, it rebooted again... eventually after the second reboot it seemed to be stable again... These reboots are not a lot of fun if you're navigating out of a new city that you've never been in before... :shocked:

So I did a quick search on the forum and found 1 link:

It was max 6C outside today (first couple of cold days this season), but I don't think temp is an issue, as the unit is on the inside of the cabin... - and I think we can safely assume it gets a smidgen colder in Sweden than it does in the south of England :rolleyes:

I'll pop into the dealership tomorrow to get their opinion too.. and of course check if there is a SW update... on the international forum I've seen that most of these did not get fixed by a SW update, and they had to get IHU (I'm assuming Head Unit) replacements...

Anyone have any insights?

best
StephanT

airforced Oct 28th, 2018 19:15

No idea Stephan but please come back with an update after you have visited the Dealer. I'd be interested to know the outcome.

MY2018 S90

StephanT Oct 28th, 2018 19:41

Roger that - will do!

nu11eaf Oct 28th, 2018 20:04

It might be just a one off glitch, just after getting my my new XC90 my Sensus screen rebooted itself, it has never happened again in 2.5 years.

PaulBendall Oct 30th, 2018 12:57

I've had a similar thing happen on my XC60 after a couple of weeks the navigation locked up and then rebooted. Spoke with the dealer and they said they had experienced similar when delivering a couple of new XC90. But then the owner never reported any further issues. They offered to reprogram the software but for now I have declined to see if it was a one off

Milliner Oct 30th, 2018 13:31

I can echo the above. I had a few issue with my car (XC90) when I first got it, including Sensus reboots, but it's not happened since.

Map/app updates are a bit erratic but otherwise everything else 'works' as it should, although that doesn't always mean it works well...

Jcbrown Oct 30th, 2018 13:37

Sensus rebooting is, unfortunately, an issue which has affected a number of people on here. some examples in these threads: here, here, here, here, …

I was assured the s/w update in Nov 17 would resolve it once & for all, but it still happens for me. huib berger has been told it will be fixed this Nov/Dec (see post #3 here)

Nerdy Norm Oct 30th, 2018 13:40

Back in May, a couple of days after picking up my V90 I drove it to the south of France.

Without warning, the screen went blank during the trip (with navigation running). No amount of tapping or button pressing could bring it back to life.

After an hour or so of having a blank screen, I needed to stop to fill up. When I returned to the car after paying, the system booted up as normal.

It's never happened since.

Philip Fisher Oct 30th, 2018 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerdy Norm (Post 2462334)
Back in May, a couple of days after picking up my V90 I drove it to the south of France.

Without warning, the screen went blank during the trip (with navigation running). No amount of tapping or button pressing could bring it back to life.

After an hour or so of having a blank screen, I needed to stop to fill up. When I returned to the car after paying, the system booted up as normal.

It's never happened since.

Classic IT fix. Cycle the power......

gaby Oct 30th, 2018 21:22

Apps are sometimes seen as a possible cause of Sensus freezing or rebooting.