Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Selekt used warranty cost? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=308786)

Adrian888 Aug 9th, 2020 16:42

Selekt used warranty cost?

Trying to find a cost online for an additional years Selekt warranty - any ideas anyone?

green van man Aug 10th, 2020 05:54

Don't bother, put the money under the mattress and you have it towards bill in case things go wrong are for whatever you want if they don't.

Check what the warrantee covers (Not a lot) and work out how likely you will need it compared to needing the things not covered.

Paul.

Adrian888 Aug 10th, 2020 06:50

Thanks but that isn’t what i am asking! Irrespective of what i do i still need to know the cost......

37 RUBY Aug 10th, 2020 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian888 (Post 2654546)
Trying to find a cost online for an additional years Selekt warranty - any ideas anyone?

Last year's was £565 and it did pay for three things but when totted up left me £40 out of pocket than if I'd paid for the work myself.

This years quote was £745 but I haven't taken it out as I'm doing as Green van man is doing.

These prices were against a 2015 D5 XC70 with 73k miles.

Can I ask why you ask this ?

Adrian888 Aug 10th, 2020 10:32

Am negotiating with Volvo for all the hassle i am having with my car. Bought a used Volvo 7 weeks ago and already had it off the road 7/8 days for repairs plus **** up with V5 at handover delayed collection for 4 days.... not remotely impressed with Volvo. Was offered 50% discount on an additional years warranty however i Think i will ask for a free service instead.

Austin160 Aug 10th, 2020 12:26

Rather cynical, but if you are dissatisfied with your treatment so far, why are you considering a ‘free’ service at an establishment you already don’t trust?
‘Free’ service? Could equal driving it in, and picking it up later when it’s been washed!

Adrian888 Aug 10th, 2020 13:01

Where did i say the free service would be at the dealer i bought it from...?! That dealer downright lied to me regarding repairs prior to collection so this issue is now a dialogue with Volvo UK.

scbamber Aug 10th, 2020 13:03

As you bought it only 7 weeks ago you might want to think about a better option, ie rejecting the car outright as you are still within the time limits.

Adrian888 Aug 10th, 2020 14:44

Have put that option in writing to protect my situation. Problem no 1 is i spent money on having a towbar fitted independantly of the dealer (they quoted me a price the day before collection even though i had been asking for over 2 weeks....). Problem 2 is i shelled out for Polestar optimisation to take advantage of a local offer and, we go on hols this Thursday driving to Prague so bit stuck if i now reject it. It is also on finance so will have an argument to get my full deposit back due to finance charges over short period. However if anything else goes wrong i will be making a big song and dance on social media and name and shame the selling dealer. The dealer who is fixing it is ok, simply doing what they are asked to do by Volvo. It is a lovely car but i am millimetres from the end of my tether with it and if i reject i will not replace with another Volvo. Once bitten...