Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   warranty claims (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275107)

id5 Nov 25th, 2017 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchglen (Post 2341103)
got car back this evening, everythings all good lets hope it stays that way!!

Good news then, I hope that it stays that way for you.

scotchglen Nov 25th, 2017 19:33

like to thank all members for all their useful advice, many thanks

scotchglen Mar 15th, 2018 20:40

well nearly 4 months since we thought our problems had been resolved, exactly same problems have returned again, radio, cd player and reversing bleepers not always working. car been to volvo main dealer again they saying it requires a software update costing 70 odd quid. is this normal for cars needing a software update every 4 months? i'm trying to get warranty company and toyota to pay as i think is still same problem and car had a temporary fix. volvo wanted me to pay for update, i want toyota to pay, toyota want warranty company to pay. to be honest i really dont want to pay out of principal. any thoughts???

andrewpain Mar 16th, 2018 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchglen (Post 2381138)
well nearly 4 months since we thought our problems had been resolved, exactly same problems have returned again, radio, cd player and reversing bleepers not always working. car been to volvo main dealer again they saying it requires a software update costing 70 odd quid. is this normal for cars needing a software update every 4 months? i'm trying to get warranty company and toyota to pay as i think is still same problem and car had a temporary fix. volvo wanted me to pay for update, i want toyota to pay, toyota want warranty company to pay. to be honest i really dont want to pay out of principal. any thoughts???

surely the Volvo dealer would have had to provide a warranty/guarantee on the work they did, whatever it was - normally there's a 12 month guarantee on main dealer repairs.

scotchglen Mar 16th, 2018 19:14

they fitted a new software unit coming up to 4 months ago which they are saying needs updating at our cost, which i dont think i should pay out of principal as you say should be covered by guarantee

id5 Mar 17th, 2018 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchglen (Post 2381493)
they fitted a new software unit coming up to 4 months ago which they are saying needs updating at our cost, which i dont think i should pay out of principal as you say should be covered by guarantee

By law only the physical unit is guaranteed, the software on it is not.

You have to prove that the physical unit is not operating correctly and get the physical unit changed. If it was a combined physical and software unit that operated a bulb then it would be easy as you can visibly show the fault and ask for a replacement to fix the problem. The dealer would then replace the physical unit with one with updated software on it as it is not working correctly.

Ask if fitting a new physical unit would resolve the problem, if they say yes then ask them to replace it or prove that the physical unit is working as it should.