Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Guide to Pollen Filter change (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=134870)

SonyVaio Oct 6th, 2013 15:51

Yes your just needing to reset the window.

With the window up press and hold the down switch until window is fully down, don't let go the switch and keep depressed for a further couple of seconds and you should hear a little click noise. Now do the same and press and hold switch until window goes fully up and hold for an extra couple of seconds until hear click again.

You will now have restored the global settings and window learned fully up and down position so the long press will have returned fully open or fully close ability and also returned the global opening and shutting via the remote back to normal.

:star-wars-smiley-01

EricMe Oct 6th, 2013 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonyVaio (Post 1495266)
Yes your just needing to reset the window.

Thanks SonyVaio,:dude_hug:

It's now back to working how it used to. But how very odd that just one window was affected though not the rest ! Or maybe it was never anything to do with messing about with the fusebox; just a coincidence it happened same week ?

SonyVaio Oct 6th, 2013 19:46

It is a little undeterminable when this happens or why. Once in a blue moon mine decides it needs to re-learn without any great reason I can put my finger on. Maybe 2 or 3 times over a 2 year period.

:star-wars-smiley-01

markt1 Oct 6th, 2013 20:07

Could be your runners are dry thus making the thing think a hand is in their, sometimes a little silicone spray in rubbers can do the trick thats if its resistence from a dry spot keep your eye on it if it resets again its worth a shot with a can of silicone
cheers Mark

Ianfromnotts Jan 22nd, 2014 16:27

Just over 2 hours on my first attempt. Lost 3 nuts in the process. Both of the ones holding the fuse box in place and one on the strut bar trying to get to the battery terminal)

First hour was faffing about trying to work out what was what and the second hour disconnecting the battery and taking the fuse box out, actually once the fuse box was out swapping the filter seemed pretty easy, putting the fuse box back was a pain too, just getting everything to line up and working how the connectors worked ( easy when you work out how - push in and pull the lever/cover to seat)

Still is done now and everything seems to be working

Bin The L Plates Jan 23rd, 2014 08:07

My dealer wouldn't change my pollen filter as the dual controls were in the way.
They gave the filter and I did it myself.
The only way I could do it was remove the fuse box and bend the bracket.
Not an easy job, but was do-able.
Car been for another service and I've another filter to change, so a big more practice eh?

Munkle Feb 1st, 2014 23:41

Volvo V50 2003 Pollen Filter Change RH Drive

Thanks to the contribution all. This is a difficult job but made easier by your excellent descriptions and comments!

Loskie Feb 2nd, 2014 15:12

supposed to be done at every dealer service; I wonder how often that it actually is!!

stansnuts May 15th, 2014 12:12

Just done it thanks to your excellent guide, took about an hour, found that a mirror placed on the floor of the footwell helped a lot, but it's still a job for a gynaecologist! I'm 6"2', 18 stone and have sausage fingers so squirming about in the passenger footwell is not not what I'm best suited to!
Thanks again for the excellent guide though, couldn't have done it without it.

alexstanleyv50 May 15th, 2014 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kebab10 (Post 992457)
Done that. Absolute pig of a job I found. What a ridiculous place to put it. I found one of those plugs in the CEM "tray" a little devil as it looked fine on shutting but then gave me no power at all. Right little b****r.

Same here! I ended up being upside down in the passenger seat at one point! what a pig of a job. And you're right, you've gotta make sure the wiring harnesses are properly connected - spent a while scratching my head when she wouldn't start!