Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Polestar. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295769)

Spike56 Jun 16th, 2019 20:22

Polestar.

I've bitten the bullet and booked in for the Polestar upgrade, next week.
I know what it is and what it does (maybe). It takes an hour to do and I assume it's basically a computer upgrade. Do any of you good people know what actually happens. I'm thinking of the move from Windows to Windows 10, which didn't always work too well. Any problems ever crop up? And an hour? Seems quite long.
Any feedback would be great!

Clan Jun 16th, 2019 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike56 (Post 2529281)
I've bitten the bullet and booked in for the Polestar upgrade, next week.
I know what it is and what it does (maybe). It takes an hour to do and I assume it's basically a computer upgrade. Do any of you good people know what actually happens. I'm thinking of the move from Windows to Windows 10, which didn't always work too well. Any problems ever crop up? And an hour? Seems quite long.
Any feedback would be great!

It takes up to 20 minutes thats all . are you paying labour on top of the price of the software ? They should not charge more than 20 minutes of labour for a software download .

Spike56 Jun 17th, 2019 12:25

No. Straight installation at the 'discounted' promotional cost. Expect it to take about an hour, is what was explained. Do they need to road test to allow the adaptations to settle in? I'm not sure (going in blind).

Happening on Wednesday 26th...…..

Let you know! :confused_smile:

Clan Jun 17th, 2019 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike56 (Post 2529428)
No. Straight installation at the 'discounted' promotional cost. Expect it to take about an hour, is what was explained. Do they need to road test to allow the adaptations to settle in? I'm not sure (going in blind).

Happening on Wednesday 26th...…..

Let you know! :confused_smile:

it might be a good idea for them to drive it afterwards to make sure it is ok for you to drive away in .

Spike56 Jun 17th, 2019 12:52

Ooh! Sounds a bit cynical...:teeth_smile:

I know what you mean though. I've had experiences with car mechanics in the past!

Found this on Polestar :-

https://engineered.polestar.com/intl.../optimisation/

It does indeed say that it takes about 60 minutes (sounds shorter than an hour!)

PIT Jun 17th, 2019 13:26

Hi Spike, I had my 2013 XC70 AWD D5 215 done, and it is fabulous. More usable power where you want it, Auto Box more responsive, doing 38.8 around town, and 43 on the motorway. For me it is spot on. I had it done five years ago, and it turned a nice car into a great car, so much so, that when a replacement car arrives, we are keeping this one too.

Resurginum103 Jun 18th, 2019 12:02

Hi Spike; I had the Polestar upgrade installed on my 2014 V40, and also 12 months ago on my 2016 XC60 D4 AWD SE Lux Auto. The latter was a reduced price offer from my local Volvo Dealer whilst the car was still under Selekt warranty. I personally can't praise the benefits of Polestar enough, it somehow makes the car much more responsive and especially great for uphill overtakes on motorways, and also for prompt pulling-off at roundabout entry etc. The upgrade doesn't turn the car into a 'raging monster', but does make it overall much more fluid and authoritative to drive. The upgrade also reformats the gearchange points etc on the automatic gearbox, so this also has improved the 'feel' overall.

Spike56 Jun 18th, 2019 13:26

I may be doing this the wrong way, Polestar next Wednesday and autobox oil change the week after!

Just twiddling my thumbs until next week.

Mike Arnold Jun 21st, 2019 09:34

Spike

How much are they charging you for the auto box oil change? I have heard silly numbers (not to mention a reluctance by dealers to do it).

Spike56 Jun 21st, 2019 11:35

Sorry wrong question answered...

Quote was 'around' £300.00 all in.

I think the reluctance is that if there was a problem and the change doesn't fix it people might get a little miffed...…...