Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   VOC Subscription renewal (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316257)

nu11eaf Apr 22nd, 2021 14:48

VOC Subscription renewal

It's time to renew my VOC subscription again, last time there was a 2 year option which saved a few £'s, it was straight forward and a one off card payment.
This time there is only a one year subscription offered and payment is via a company called Stripe which I think is a USA based company.

To buy the subscription you have to add your bank card details and save them, I am not happy doing this (unless I can delete my card details after purchase).
I have rang VOC who could not sell direct and suggested buying from my dealer, my dealer do not do this, I contacted Volvo customer services and they do not sell or could not answer my question "can I delete my bank card details from Stripe after purchasing"

Has anyone on here renewed their VOC subscription via Stripe and if so can you delete your bank card details.

I also wonder if there is a reason (other than charging more) not to offer a 2 year subscription, will older cars still be supported after next year. I use remote start and other VOC features a lot and would not like to be without it.

gaby Apr 22nd, 2021 15:16

Strange, the UK volvo website shows that renewal for 2 years is possible:
The cost to renew / extend your subscription is:
1 Year Subscription £34.90 incl VAT
2 Year Subscription £59.90 incl VAT
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/About/H.../Volvo-on-call
The Belgian website adds "depending on the market"...

rxtian Apr 22nd, 2021 15:19

It's hassle, but you could get a pre-paid card and just pay with that.

nu11eaf Apr 22nd, 2021 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaby (Post 2730758)
Strange, the UK volvo website shows that renewal for 2 years is possible:
The cost to renew / extend your subscription is:
1 Year Subscription £34.90 incl VAT
2 Year Subscription £59.90 incl VAT
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/About/H.../Volvo-on-call
The Belgian website adds "depending on the market"...

Yes but on the email I received it only offered a one year option, when I enquired via phone to VOC they said we are not offering two years, the website may offer the two years further in but you have to put card details in and save them before proceeding any further to see.
I bought the two year subscription when my car 3 years free subscription was up, now time to renew again.

nu11eaf Apr 22nd, 2021 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxtian (Post 2730759)
It's hassle, but you could get a pre-paid card and just pay with that.

Volvo have a habit of making things awkward for customers. They get something that works perfectly and simple and then alter it to make it useless
My volvo is another thing they spoilt, it was a good site then they changed that to make it not worth logging in to.

GJB Apr 22nd, 2021 16:38

Renewed mine for 2 years at the end of last November could not do via my local dealer they wanted to sell me the warranty they do at £100 pounds more so contacted Volvo customer services and the got the Volvo dealer in Peterborough to contacted me and did it all over the phone and was in fact cheaper than the original offer.

Philip Fisher Apr 22nd, 2021 18:12

We came across Stripe just recently when trying to book a ticket to a local country house. We had done it many times before and used paypal. Then my o/h went on and said she was getting this stripe thing. I found there was a glitch on the browser she was using and using a different browser brought up the paypal.option again. So maybe try on a different browser? Try going direct to the website and not following a link from an email.

nu11eaf Apr 22nd, 2021 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2730810)
We came across Stripe just recently when trying to book a ticket to a local country house. We had done it many times before and used paypal. Then my o/h went on and said she was getting this stripe thing. I found there was a glitch on the browser she was using and using a different browser brought up the paypal.option again. So maybe try on a different browser? Try going direct to the website and not following a link from an email.

Thanks, have tried alternative browser and direct to website all direct you to saving bank card details.

Crockers Apr 24th, 2021 10:24

Use a virtual one use credit card. I can get them on my Revolut account.

nu11eaf Apr 24th, 2021 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 2731198)
Use a virtual one use credit card. I can get them on my Revolut account.

?. I am a dinosaur, only have debit card never had a credit card. Revolut ?, all a bit new fangled, come back my old world.