Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Sywell 4th Annual Volvo Amazon Gathering Sunday 9th Septembe (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286291)

Peter Ragg Sep 10th, 2018 06:17

Sywell 4th Annual Volvo Amazon Gathering Sunday 9th Septembe

Sywell 4th Annual Volvo Amazon Gathering Sunday 9th September

Wow, what a day we had yesterday, great weather, record attendance 28 cars altogether, 22 Amazons, including 8 Estates which again is a record for estates. (target 10 next year). An eclectic mix of great cars passionately loved by their owners, lots of chats, lots of spares and great friendships rekindled, we are a fraternity.

First prize ‘People’s Choice’ on the day went to Malcolm Crosher, second place to Gary Bryne, non- Amazon, Lawrence and Heather Coulson in their PV 544.

I have booked next year already Sunday 8th September and I will make sure we are not sharing the car park with another car club. Sywell is a great venue and we will have the biggest Amazon UK ever event next year and we will need the car park all to ourselves.

Quite a few of the Mercedes boys passed very complimentary comments about our iconic cars and yes it was slightly irritating they were there also, but it did not reflect from a very successful event.

A massive thank you to Simon and the team at Brookhouse for providing two raffle prizes of £50 and £25, we all love you guys at Brookhouse for everything you do for us.

On that point Simon there is a typo (or is there) in this Weeks Classic Car buyers weekly where there is a two-page spread on the Amazon (great car in the feature) where it says wings are £140 each. Who writes this stuff.

Raffle made £65 and is being donated to our charity of choice, Samaritans

Thank you all again for a fantastic day.
Very kind regards
Peter

gillberry Sep 10th, 2018 13:58

Good to know you all had a good day, have been looking for an update and
Only just spotted this have been checking in on the amazon section. Any pictures?

Derek UK Sep 10th, 2018 16:47

5 Attachment(s)
Great day at Sywell as usual. Thanks Peter and crew for making it a good one. Pity about the Mercs but they looked pretty shiny as well. Lots less patina on show there.
Lots of pics and I will have to spread them over several posts. Start the day with a good breakfast at the Pilot's Mess. try it next year! My reward for being the very last one of us to leave was to see the return to base of the Russian YAK3UA G-OLEG. I will put that at the end of the last post. See you there next year.
I can send larger versions of the pictures to owners who PM me a valid email address.

Derek UK Sep 10th, 2018 16:50

5 Attachment(s)
Sywell 2 - Ex Tony Burke car looking nice with its Minilights.

Derek UK Sep 10th, 2018 16:52

5 Attachment(s)
Sywell 3

Derek UK Sep 10th, 2018 16:54

5 Attachment(s)
Sywell 4

Derek UK Sep 10th, 2018 16:55

5 Attachment(s)
Sywell 5

Derek UK Sep 10th, 2018 16:57

1 Attachment(s)
Sywell 6 YAK 3UA returns to base. I can supply larger versions of these to any owner who PN's me a valid email address.

123GT-AMAZON Sep 10th, 2018 21:45

Found em ..

Looked like you all had a good time , some great photos thanks Derek for sharing them

Kind regards
Robert.w

omc 47 Sep 11th, 2018 19:44

Thanks Derek for the pic's, I had every intention of getting there this year with my newly refurbed Amazon but having only done 60 miles with just about everything new on the car including my rebuilt engine I thought that the "shake down" needed to be given a few more miles around home before I venture far and wide.
Anyway looked a good day............does anyone know if Pete & Nicky (Yappy) were there?

Andy