Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   iPhone Speedometer App (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=190654)

P1800Ray Oct 16th, 2013 12:37

iPhone Speedometer App

I've found a really good speedometer app for my phone. It gives me a bit more confidence when going through restricted areas and my car speedo needle swings between two speeds.

It's by Stanislav Dvoychenko and has a '55' on the app icon. Easy to see and you can simply set presets at (say) 30, 50 and 70. It even buzzes when you go over your preset ! Thought I'd pass this on as it might be useful to others.

Just like to state that I have no financial interest in this product ...

classicswede Oct 16th, 2013 19:21

Sat nav is also a good way to monitor your speed if your speedo in not working or not reading accurately.

Thanatos Oct 16th, 2013 19:27

If you have a iPhone get the road angel app as it gives real time speed camera info as well as the GPRS speed

tdz840 Oct 17th, 2013 22:38

Any androids apps
Just changed my iPhone to an S4:(

Alf ista Oct 17th, 2013 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdz840 (Post 1502018)
Any androids apps

Good choice! There are loads. I use Ulysse Speedometer. Works good.

krisby Oct 18th, 2013 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdz840 (Post 1502018)
Any androids apps

If you want more than just a speedo, get Torque and an ELM327 OBD bluetooth dongle.

You can then get your GPS speed, revs, read and clear error codes, timing, MAF, BHP, torque, and other sensors that have known PIDs.

Though, just dawned on me, you have an old car, so would be overkill for this car, but would work wonderfully for any new OBD2 compliant car you have.

greasylox Oct 18th, 2013 14:54

For android DigiHud has worked well for me...

123GT-AMAZON Oct 18th, 2013 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisby (Post 1502261)
If you want more than just a speedo, get Torque and an ELM327 OBD bluetooth dongle.

You can then get your GPS speed, revs, read and clear error codes, timing, MAF, BHP, torque, and other sensors that have known PIDs.

Though, just dawned on me, you have an old car, so would be overkill for this car, but would work wonderfully for any new OBD2 compliant car you have.

im a little lost ? so for a classic car what options does he have we aint bothered about a go-kart with a lappy bolted to it we want Chrome and style not plastic tastic cheers

krisby Oct 19th, 2013 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1800necwinner (Post 1502582)
im a little lost ? so for a classic car what options does he have we aint bothered about a go-kart with a lappy bolted to it we want Chrome and style not plastic tastic cheers

I know, I was thinking of a modern car then realized it was a classic, so all functions this can perform via the OBD port is pointless for this car.
Though not sure what you mean by go-kart with lappy and plastic tastic, thats even more irrelevant than what I said.