Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   XC40 Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294306)

taylora Apr 30th, 2019 07:54

XC40 Discounts

Hi all, looking at buying an XC40 to replace my leased V90. Wondering what real world discounts people got on their cars? I'll probably downsize to a T3 and spec it up a bit with Xenium and Intellisafe Pro so list seems to be around the £36k mark for a T3 auto. I know the car is pretty new and in demand so might not be great deals on it but wondered what was offered?

Clan Apr 30th, 2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylora (Post 2517013)
Hi all, looking at buying an XC40 to replace my leased V90. Wondering what real world discounts people got on their cars? I'll probably downsize to a T3 and spec it up a bit with Xenium and Intellisafe Pro so list seems to be around the £36k mark for a T3 auto. I know the car is pretty new and in demand so might not be great deals on it but wondered what was offered?

I doubt you will find any discounts , the demand has been, and still is sky high for these cars for the last year ...

MtillingVolvo Apr 30th, 2019 13:47

Quote:

Give me a shout if you'd like a quote ;)

844PHW Apr 30th, 2019 17:32

I have noticed dealers volunteering "discounts" of around £200, while drivethedeal offers what seem to be unattainable discounts of over £2000. I suspect that from a dealer you will get either no discount, or something inbetween the two figures given (and almost certainly towards the lower end).

anotherv60 May 1st, 2019 00:29

Quote:

Snap...deciding between XC40 and V60CC to replace the V90. Curve ball today though - my college in France has just ordered a XC40 T5 plug in hybrid - apparently they were launched last week in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden and Norway...wonder when they go on sale in the UK?? Anyone know / heard?

Its onsale for 43,000 euros so about £38,000 GBP in momentum trim.

MtillingVolvo May 1st, 2019 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherv60 (Post 2517207)
Snap...deciding between XC40 and V60CC to replace the V90. Curve ball today though - my college in France has just ordered a XC40 T5 plug in hybrid - apparently they were launched last week in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden and Norway...wonder when they go on sale in the UK?? Anyone know / heard?

Its onsale for 43,000 euros so about £38,000 GBP in momentum trim.

We will hopefully be able to order the T5 Hybrid from week 46 this year for around a March/April 2020 delivery.

We don't have any information around pricing as of yet.....

taylora May 1st, 2019 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherv60 (Post 2517207)
Snap...deciding between XC40 and V60CC to replace the V90. Curve ball today though -

I've canned the idea of a V60, when you spec it up with Pilot Assist it ends up more expensive than a V90 which is heavily discounted.

The T5 Twin Engine is a T3+motor or is it a T4+motor?

MtillingVolvo May 1st, 2019 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylora (Post 2517258)
I've canned the idea of a V60, when you spec it up with Pilot Assist it ends up more expensive than a V90 which is heavily discounted.

The T5 Twin Engine is a T3+motor or is it a T4+motor?

The T5 Twin Engine will be the T3 + Electric

Septercius May 1st, 2019 20:25

Quote:

I got just under £1500 off by going to the Carwow website (http://carwow.co.uk) and configuring a car on there, printing out the quotes page and showing it to the salesperson at my local dealer. She went away for 10 minutes or so and came back to say something along the lines of "how does X sound?". It wasn't as much as the Carwow discount, but it was a local dealer, so I don't have to travel vast distances.

This was for a D4 R-Design with plenty of options, ordered at the start of April.

MtillingVolvo May 2nd, 2019 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Septercius (Post 2517379)
I got just under £1500 off by going to the Carwow website (http://carwow.co.uk) and configuring a car on there, printing out the quotes page and showing it to the salesperson at my local dealer. She went away for 10 minutes or so and came back to say something along the lines of "how does X sound?". It wasn't as much as the Carwow discount, but it was a local dealer, so I don't have to travel vast distances.

This was for a D4 R-Design with plenty of options, ordered at the start of April.

:shocked: .... so you're one of them!....:tounge_smile:

Just out of interest, did you consider placing the order with the dealership who openly offered the discount without you having to negotiate with them on Carwow, or was it always going to be a case of, I'll see what I can get online and then take it into my local dealer? - A lot of dealers (including us) on Carwow offer a free delivery to your door, so the distance isn't usually an issue....

I'm only interested as we spend a lot of time and resource at our end ensuring that we are competitive on Carwow/responding to quotes. We know a lot of what goes on out in the market and would love to be able to capture 100% of the customers we put offers out to but, in reality, also know that a good chunk of people take the offer we put forwards into their local dealer and ask them to match it too, which basically means all we've done is taken some of the negotiation part away from the sales process and given the dealer (your local one) a relatively easy sale....

Any feedback of the buying/thought process is always appreciated to get into the "mindset" of the customer :)