Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Windscreen: Water ingress on 60 models 2008 on (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=239333)

tt82 Nov 4th, 2015 17:06

Windscreen: Water ingress on 60 models 2008 on

This topic is to log users who have issues with the above fault where the screen and bond are not correctly adhered to the vehicle bodywork

Please see the reference topic on water ingress Here.

So if you have had or are having these issues please post model, year, when acquired, servicing, and whether VCUK has been approached for recompense and what that outcome was.

JGEM Nov 28th, 2015 05:23

Joining the leak club!

XC60 D5 AWD, May 2009 build date, bought at 74,000km and had for 18 months, always dealer serviced, 104,000 km current mileage, noticed a very small rivulet of water running down inside of window screen on passengers side when washing the car today. (Drat!)

Might try some of that Capt Tolley's Creeping Crack cure stuff as a temporary repair measure - anyone used that stuff before?

Given age of car I'm not sure if I'll even bother approaching Volvo Australia - I'll just sort it out myself and save myself the hassle.

JGEM Dec 24th, 2015 07:44

Waited too long

In retrospect, the moment I first saw the tiniest indication of windowscreen leakage I should have taken prompt action. I did not do this and instead decided to get the windowscreen resealing done at the same time as the annual service in mid January (approx a month later). BIG mistake

Earlier this week we had a couple of hot days (Weather forecaster said 39 deg C - dashpanel temperature reading was 44 deg C) and then we got some heavy rain. The next day the front passengers floor had about an inch deep of water sloshing around. I took the car around to the dealer the next day - another customer was having a cracked windowscreen replaced so the window guy did my resealing job after that.

Glass removed and resealed and now I am A$280 poorer. The dealer approached Volvo Australia about a contribution towards this cost but this request was declined due to age of vehicle. I pointed out to Volvo that a windowscreen is not expected to leak for 15 years plus and that this leakage is a known fault. Because it's Xmas and I had some time on my hands I lodged a complaint against Volvo with the NSW fair trading authority (who handle consumer complaints) so will see what happens.

The lesson to learn here is to reseal the windowscreen at the very first instance of any leakage. I just hope that no electrical issues arise as a result of this leakage - fingers crossed.

volvo for ever Dec 26th, 2015 20:47

you will find acrosss all models P1's,,2's so on there poor bonding from factory phone customer services volvo

supermum Jan 8th, 2016 10:13

XC60 water leak from sunroof or windscreen???

Over Xmas my car developed a leak and there was water in the passenger footwell(massive puddle) and the panoramic sunroof flew open whilst driving and wouldn't close. Ten minutes later it shut itself. The recovery garage sealed the sunroof with corrosion film and took the fuse out of the sunroof cntrols. As I was in a stormy area I contacted my insurance company and they came out to inspect the car. They have now declined the claim as there are too many XC60's having this issue and are using that are their get out clause even although they didn't take time t inspect exactly where the water was coming from. Since the sunroof is sealed I have had no more leaking so could this even be windscreen bonding issue? Contacted Volvo and they have agreed to rebond the screen at their cost but no so willing to pay for any electrical faults that have occurred. My AC is now not working and I have a airbag light on. I have to take the car to local Volvo to have an inspection, any advise greatly appreciated. Surely this is a big safety worry if windscreens are not bonded properly. Why are Volvo not advising owners, they told me that all 2010 -2013 models can have windscreen boding redone as a gesture of goodwill but will not admit any liability?>>

dave j Jan 11th, 2016 21:47

XC60 windscreen leak 2010 model

Yep

Seal went on 2010 D5 with 64k on clock. First we knew about this was 2'' of water in passenger footwell.

Phoned Volvo dealer who identified fault as leaking seal straight away - they had another XC60 in the workshop at the same time with identical problem.

Screen removed, resealed and re-installed - £130 out of pocket.

HairyMonster Jan 12th, 2016 18:56

Yes

Yes my 2009 D5 started to let water in from the top of screen, saturated passenger footwell carpets at 32000 miles (Aug 15)

Screen removed and rebonded £60.

Fitter said Screen bond/primer failed all along top edge of screen.

Jeremy P Jan 22nd, 2016 11:36

XC60 2008 windscreen top edge

Just reporting another case. My wife's car. I saw it removed and the entire top edge of the screen was complete unbounded. £75 and VCUK not interested due to age.

Thrustyjust Jan 31st, 2016 15:19

Looks like mine has gone today. Water running down the inside of the screen on both drivers and passenger sides. 60 plate D5 with 60k on the clock. Bloody thing......

thanosgr Feb 4th, 2016 15:22

I have similar problem on my july 2009 XC60 on Driver site.
Water rolls on the windscreen.
In last rain i have water on the sender consol from the front roof light...

Thrustyjust Feb 4th, 2016 19:20

Well, I contacted my local Volvo dealer, to advised him of the issue and he said he hadn't heard of the problem. I advised him to use the power of google. He said he would speak to Volvo UK and see of any technical notes on this and get back to me. He did and advised that Volvo would remove the screen and refit it, but I would be responsible of the screen should it break. I said it sounds a bit like ' Volvo will replace the roof, but the paint is fine, so you will have to repaint it'. I said that I will go ahead with the screen removal and if they break it, they will have to refit the broken screen and I will have to look at my windscreen cover rather than an additional £300 or so for supplying a new screen. They didnt question anything , other than wanting to check the car before its done. Not an issue, I can easily show the screen lifting 3 or 4mm from the roof !! We cant leave it with the water pouring down the screen.

bullstiff Feb 4th, 2016 19:49

Same issues here of water seeping in at the top of the screen, our dealers said £120 to re seal however we needed to stand the cost of a new screen should they break it.
We contacted Volvo uk and explained the situation and our concerns they have agreed to re seal the screen and stand any costs incurred during this even if the screen breaks.
A pretty fair result.....
I say talk to Volvo Uk explain it is a safety issue and suggest it should have been a recall do this politely and I think you will be surprised at their willingness to help.
Good luck.
Ours is a 2010 xc60 d5 full Volvo service history.

Thrustyjust Feb 6th, 2016 21:37

Been to the Volvo Dealer today, so as to show the screen move to the service department. He said ' er........ that's fine, yes it shouldn't do that, don't do it anymore, theres enough movement to break the screen !!' . Nice bit of quality adhesive holding that in then. So , witnessed and awaiting a date to repair. I advised him that I am going to speak to Customer Service at Volvo regarding the responsibility of the screen , as far as I am concerned, this is a defect from manufacture so don't see why I have to replace an item that may break fixing the manufacture issue. So , anyone give me a contact number to call on Monday please?

ajsimmo Feb 10th, 2016 09:45

Yet another XC60 with leaky windscreen

After reading all the above posts, it quickly became apparent to me that the 2009/2010 XC60’s seemed to have an inherent problem with the windscreen bonding.

Obviously I have the same problem as all the posters above and only noticed it during heavy rain with water running down the inside of the windscreen.

Thinking back, inside the screen had been full of condensation on quite a few occasions prior to my discovery, but I had put it down to wet dogs and wet dog beds in the back.

After reading all these posts, I think I'll start checking the passenger side foot well on a regular basis.

I had a quick chat to a windscreen repairer (he was fixing another unrelated car windscreen) and he said I would be better off intentionally damaging my windscreen in order to get a free replacement through my insurance! A sad indictment on today’s society.

Anyway, I may just try some clear bathroom sealant before I fork out more money, (I paid £900 a few months ago for a replacement AirCon compressor!!).

Surely this is now becoming a recognised issue with these cars & Volvo should be taking action.

Thrustyjust Feb 10th, 2016 20:02

Volvo were quick to say they would remove the screen and glue it back in, so they know of the problem, but are washing their hands for the windscreen should it break. I have now had a call from the local dealer, after I emailed Volvo to say that they should cover the windscreen should it break. They didn't even have the decency to contact me, which just about sums them up customer relations at Volvo UK and leave it to the dealer to call me. Bunch of pansies. I will have a chat with my neighbour at the weekend. he works for Thatcham Research , those people who test cars for safety and I'll see what he says about selling cars with safety defects and not recalling them and taking full responsibility on making sure they are 100%. I am sure he might know someone who can look into this for me. Personally I wouldn't silicon the windscreen in, as it is loose from the roof and is more a safety issue now than just water coming in, as the screen supports the roof structure should you roll the car or have something land on the roof. I'll chat the citizen advice as well, as its peanuts to Volvo and a defect they should resolve and not cost me or my windscreen insurance. Another poor Volvo CR decision. I wont buy another Volvo after this, too many issues in the 20 months I have owned it .

wilbydoughboy Feb 10th, 2016 21:54

I have read that it could be a safety issue but as Volvo have built their reputation on safety I cannot see how it could be. I have also read that the special bonding that Volvo use has to be heated, so it appears to be a special procedure. If it does however turn out it is a safety issue my concern would be for the hundreds or even thousands of owners who are driving a car they believe to be safe when they may have poorly fitted windscreens that they dont about. I wouldnt use silicone sealant due to the difficulty of removing it in the future.

Thrustyjust Feb 10th, 2016 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilbydoughboy (Post 2057902)
I have read that it could be a safety issue but as Volvo have built their reputation on safety I cannot see how it could be.

The windscreen is structural to the vehicles roof. Without it being bonded to the roof , it will be weaker and may not support the roof in certain incidents. Or we would still be using the rubber strip of the 80's holding the screen in as it would be cheaper to manufacture.

Thrustyjust Feb 14th, 2016 13:23

Funny thing happened today on my mountain bike ride. On my way home, who should I see, but an Autoglass guy working on a car. So, I stopped for a chat.
' Hi mate, just want to ask a quick question about my windscreen on my Volvo XC60'
' Oh, don't tell me, its leaking and not bonded at the roof !'
So Volvo 'do' know about this serious flaw, as he has said he has done dozens of them. He even says that Volvo should be repainting the roof area , as it is bare metal and in time will suffer with rust and write the car off. I have mentioned about the lack of success in making Volvo responsible for the complete repair and windscreen should it break. He said Volvo made their life awkward with the resealing, blaming Autoglass , should it break on removal. He also advised on the surrounding trim and damage to that on windscreen removal and make sure Volvo replace this. I asked about probability of breakage on removal. He said it was luck of the day as to if it breaks or not. He said he has to stick a spike in the lower corner of the screen to allow access for the cutting wire to go through the seal and that can cause the screen to crack. He said to badger Volvo, as it is their manufacturing defect, as he had witnessed so many with the same issue or speak to trading standards about a safety issue, which judging by Volvo's lack of response will be my next port of call.

Thrustyjust Feb 15th, 2016 13:34

So I called Trading Standards today and they showed great interest in my issue with the screen and the defect it has with the bonding. Volvo must repair this and take full responsibility of the screen removal and refitting. It is not the consumers fault that the defect has happened and they must put it right. Do not accept responsibility for the screen, it is Volvo's issue, if you have a similar problem. They are sending the local T.S guy round, I guess to inspect the vehicle . He will contact me in the next 48hrs. He will look at the safety aspect on the loose screen. There is a potential, as stated before that 30% of roof strength in missing and the potential of the air bags in an accident blowing the screen out, not actually meaning much to Volvo to want to deal with it pronto and take it on the chin with the total responsibility. Shame that Volvo UK can't sort these things out properly, but by saying they responsibility of the screen is the cars owners , is just financial damage limitation, not decent PR. Volvo Uk, if you read this, don't shy away from my emails to you, by getting the dealer to call me with your dirty work. I AM THE CUSTOMER WHO EMAILED YOU !!

wilbydoughboy Feb 15th, 2016 15:31

Thanks for keeping us informed with your problem. I did enquire as to whether there was a recall for the windscreen problem a while back, but was told there wasnt. There have been many owners who have suffered with the windscreen bonding failing so I am somewhat surprised that there hasnt been one. With owners safety maybe being at risk I would have thought Volvo would have issued a statement to reassure them that there is no such risk.

tt82 Feb 16th, 2016 13:28

Has anybody considered contacting BBC's Watchdog? Other models such as the V70/XC70 and S80 have also been affected by this issue.

Thrustyjust Feb 16th, 2016 19:17

Not much of an update , other than speaking to the local Trading Standards lady. She wanted Volvo contacts to speak to. But due to the 'head in the sand' approach by Volvo UK, all I could give her was my chaps name at my local dealership, who is the Volvo UK pawn.
The wife used it today to go to work and she scraped the ice off the windscreen , got in and realised it was thicker on the inside, it is that wet in the car now. Lets hope for a quick resolution, as my life has far more important things to deal with, with my mother starting her cancer treatment next week and I need safe 'r' transport in going to hospital and visiting her while she fights this awful disease.

Thrustyjust Feb 29th, 2016 22:14

Well, I gave up with trading standards. They wanted me to go back to the dealer we got the car from. But I wouldn't put a foot back in Snows in Basingstokes front door unless I carried a gallon of Shells finest and a box of Swan Vestas, after I was sold a sub standard car by them with worn out brakes and other issues. Selekt means nothing, so don't believe seeing that on a Volvo forecourt you get a decent car. So, I told T.S to forget it.
We have the car booked in to have the windscreen removed next week. Currently, I have more pressing things with my mothers health and the need to get a safe and working vehicle to transport her to get her radiotherapy following her operation. So, shame on Volvo, to be honest. To allow potentially hundreds of cars to be out in the world with a major defect of the windscreen being loose and unsealed from the roof. Shame Volvo has not wanted to agree with everyone in the car world and even windscreen fitters that this is their problem that needs resolving and accepting the responsibility of the screen should it break.
From speaking to our local dealer, we have agreed the date for the works and have said to them that to try your best to save the screen and that it will have to carry on fitting this if it does break. We said it isn't their fault Volvo UK are total inconsiderate to peoples safety , especially in a car which has such glowing passenger protection, they fall flat on owners and keep their bank balance up. I guess they need lots of money for the stalling D5's now anyway.

bullstiff Feb 29th, 2016 22:29

Thrustylust I'm not sure if your abrasive attitude may be your issue to not having this matter resolved. One Polite email from us to Volvo uk and we received a prompt reply followed by contact from the dealer and a screen rectified by the end of the week free of charge.
Volvo don't appear to be sherking responsibility quite the contrary there was no question of them not sorting the problem on our 2010 Xc60
I accept there perhaps should have been a recall but there hasn't so politely inform Volvo uk that you have an issue it compromises the safety of the vehicle and offer them the opotunity to contact you to resolve the matter.
Regards

Thrustyjust Mar 1st, 2016 13:35

Maybe I am a bit miffed , as you have noted. But if I could have shown the very nicely , polite worded email I sent to Volvo UK, you could have read how it nice I was. I suppose, if you write an email, you would at least expect the person you emailed to contact you back. Maybe I am wrong with manners these days ?. As for the windscreen being a noted defect and Volvo don't wish to accept its breakage, if it does, is just financial limitation for a flood of people asking for their cars to be repaired and righty so. Its a major flaw of the structure of the car. They have had the same issue in the past and never learnt to stop it happening again. ( 2005 V50's and V40's).
I guess its only a windscreen to some, but there are lots of people unaware of their cars being dangerous to have an accident in, which for a manufacturer who thrives on safety , doesn't want to know. We will get this resolved and judging by the 2 Volvos we have bought have all had dealer issues , we will not buy another when the time comes to replace it. We like the car a lot, but the solution for selling duff used cars by dealers and support from Volvo UK doesn't back up the product it sells.

bullstiff Mar 1st, 2016 21:52

In most cases it's the Volvo dealerships that don't want to accept responsibility for the screen if it breaks and I can understand this, after all they are not to blame.
Volvo uk (in our case) accepted full liability and arranged the replacement of the screen at their expense meaning the dealers weren't out of pocket.
If you have recently purchased the car and discovered the fault then you should be able to ask the dealership that sold you the vehicle to rectify the issue they have a responsibility to you for a period of time.
There is a pattern to your posts though in that you've given up on the dealership who sold you the car, you've given up on Volvo uk and you've given up on trading standards, I suspect they didn't give you the immediate answer you wanted so you've spat your dummy out and taken your ball home. I can understand this when were frustrated by an issue we don't always react to well. Step back, breathe deep and try again. Trading standards will help you but there are a number of steps that must be taken in order for trading standards to give their full support, try their approach you may find that your issues are resolved amicably.
I wish you luck

David Arm Mar 1st, 2016 22:57

leaking windscreen

2010 xc60, 4200 miles, leak from top of windscreen. Dealer not interested. I await a response from Volvo UK. Is a line of silicone a bad idea?

Thrustyjust Mar 2nd, 2016 21:57

Bad news of another screen issue. Sadly silicon wont help , as the windscreen is a major roof strengthener, so you will need it fixed and face the same scenario as myself.
Volvo even called the wife today to ask for our insurance details ' so should it break when removed, we can fit a new one '. Nice one Volvo, so then it costs you nothing . I will be calling them to tell them to refit the broken screen, than let them fit a new one on site. My policy states I must call the insurance company helpline should I have a glass issue before doing anything else. I don't know if the company they are using are contracted to do them for my insurance company.
Sadly bullstiff you aren't aware of most of the situations with my Volvos, so its nice to see you jumping to conclusions , but its a forum and that happens I suppose. Happy days..............

bullstiff Mar 2nd, 2016 22:46

I'm not jumping to conclusions I'm making an observation. You regularly state that Volvo this and Volvo that but it appears you are talking about the dealership
The dealership are not Volvo they are an independent company who supply Volvo related services, they will not want to pay for the screen as it is Volvo the company who are responsible I'm pretty sure your insurance company won't cover your screen if the dealership breaks it, though it's worth checking. Ours stated it had to be accidentally damaged and breaking it on removal wasn't considered accidental.
Many Volvo dealerships will use the likes of autoglass and from a discussion with one of their techs I was told they never remove and refit screens they always fit new. I'm not entirely convinced this is true but I'm not in the trade so don't know.
I find it incredibly difficult to understand why my own example and two others I know of personally have had their car screens sorted free of charge at dealers authorised by Volvo uk and you are having so much difficulty. We had no success when discussing our screen issues with the dealers but within a week of emailing Volvo uk our car was sorted as were the two others this leads me to believe that Volvo uk will take your concerns seriously eve if the dealerships won't play ball.
I apologise for offending you, having re read my responses I can see I was less than hospitable. Regards

wilbydoughboy Mar 3rd, 2016 22:48

I have read that the procedure Volvo use for fitting the screens involve special heating and I was unsure if the usual screen fitters such as Autoglass use this Volvo approved system. Mind you if it didnt work when the screens were fitted at the car plant, a different method of bonding may prove to be a better one. If the Autoglass method of bonding proves to be longer lasting then the Volvo method, it would be a good idea for Volvo to come to some arrangements and adopt the Autoglass method.

bullstiff Mar 4th, 2016 17:33

No oven involvement with mine, Volvo ok'd autoglass,
I suspect the adhesive that autoglass use is probably on top of the job they use it day in day out on many other makes.

Thrustyjust Mar 10th, 2016 07:17

Well mentioned solicitors when on the phone to my dealer and the phone was put down on me. My solicitor advised me that Volvo are falsely claiming on a windscreen break so frauding with my insurance. I am having my windscreen independently removed tomorrow and I will get some photos of the missing primer on the windscreen surround , so my solicitor can see where this can be legally dealt with. Shame Volvo don't see how incorrect with this issue.

Scootersp Apr 6th, 2016 18:27

Ok my experience.

Bought (privately) a used 2009 xc60 a couple of weeks ago, the first weekend was the recent storm Katie and I had water in the centre light and drivers footwell. Stripped the a pillars, door seals/trim etc to allow room to remove the front carpet to dry them elsewhere as the under carpet foam absorbs a lot and would i imagine take ages otherwise.

As I'm the curious type, I then loosened the sun visors slightly do that lying back on the passenger dash I could lever it down a bit to see the inside body to screen seal interface. When it rained in my case it would seep through and generally run down the pass side a pillar, when the above happened I was parked at an angle passenger side high so the water ran towards the drivers side before going forward and down.

Silicon is definitely not worth it, the reseal cost me about the same as a new tyre would from a rogue screw, so whilst I absolutely agree that it shouldn't happen and can imagine if you've had it from new and paid more than a pretty penny your pretty annoyed with Volvo, I'd advise just getting it reseated if you notice any dampness whatsoever. I also don't buy it that the glass provides a massive safety/strength increase, glass is not really known for it strength/toughness/energy absorption is it?

GJB Apr 8th, 2016 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrustyjust (Post 2074976)
Well mentioned solicitors when on the phone to my dealer and the phone was put down on me. My solicitor advised me that Volvo are falsely claiming on a windscreen break so frauding with my insurance. I am having my windscreen independently removed tomorrow and I will get some photos of the missing primer on the windscreen surround , so my solicitor can see where this can be legally dealt with. Shame Volvo don't see how incorrect with this issue.

Interested to know how you got on.

Thrustyjust Apr 14th, 2016 19:35

Well, its taken this long to get a windscreen from a company beginning with a V . The glass guy rejected one, as the quality and optics he said were poor. Something he has learnt that certain companies quality control is lacking. The reason I needed a new screen anyway was a pothole jolted and caused the screen to crack in the area that was unsupported.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ql7e9s.jpg

The screen shows absolutely no adhesive bond onto the windscreen at all. The adhesive was all attached to the car , but due to poor prep ( his words) the windscreen was completely free from the car. A disaster waiting to happen should the air bags go off in an accident. Volvo ' safe cars ' I don't think so !

This is a close up of the passenger side and the visual of his cheese wire on the left to remove the screen , but the diagonal has nothing there.

http://i64.tinypic.com/168vtjm.jpg

Volvo have everything to answer with this shocking quality and safety issue and yet they don't want to know. I actually sold one of my cars last week and we do like the look of the V40. No chance !! My money went somewhere else. Don't like to think of any other issues and customer services showing no interest in helping a genuine customer. Strangely from another google and Honest John seems to show people with the same issues with screens and customer services. Sadly Volvo fall well short on trying to sell prestige vehicles , mainly from their lack of support.

Will Coops May 18th, 2016 10:20

Same problem. Summer 2015. Water came in and soaked roof lining. Dealer refitted windscreen and covered most of cost. XC60 2011 33k miles

Voltan Jun 25th, 2016 20:07

Sod's Law! I only noticed this thread this morning and…:stormy:

Last week, I collected my car from the dealer after servicing and noticed a single bead of water, internal, at the top of the windscreen on the driver's side. As the head lining was not wet, I presumed it had come from a wet cloth or whatever during the after-service valeting. I hadn't noticed any more evidence of water since but today I noticed a small stream of water running down inside the windscreen when I pulled up at home after being out, despite it not raining since the previous night. Presumably this water has been trapped somewhere and percolated through after a period of time. A bit puzzling though!

The water I noticed at the garage must have been from them washing the car. I have never seen water on the screen like this before, whenever I have washed the car even with a power hose or when driving out in the rain.

I shall visit the dealer on Monday to discuss and hopefully resolve the problem under warranty, before any water damage ensues,.

Voltan Jun 26th, 2016 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltan (Post 2130470)
Sod's Law! I only noticed this thread this morning and…:stormy:

Last week, I collected my car from the dealer after servicing and noticed a single bead of water, internal, at the top of the windscreen on the driver's side. As the head lining was not wet, I presumed it had come from a wet cloth or whatever during the after-service valeting. I hadn't noticed any more evidence of water since but today I noticed a small stream of water running down inside the windscreen when I pulled up at home after being out, despite it not raining since the previous night. Presumably this water has been trapped somewhere and percolated through after a period of time. A bit puzzling though!

The water I noticed at the garage must have been from them washing the car. I have never seen water on the screen like this before, whenever I have washed the car even with a power hose or when driving out in the rain.

I shall visit the dealer on Monday to discuss and hopefully resolve the problem under warranty, before any water damage ensues,.

Just to say that I now remember there was a brief shower a couple of hours before the ingress of water appeared. Where could the small amount of water have accumulated before passing through?

wilbydoughboy Jun 26th, 2016 21:32

Check underneath the footwell carpets, if you notice any dampness lift the fitted carpets and you may find them saturated.

Cardinal Biggles Jul 11th, 2016 11:28

Bloody 'ell

Leaky windscreens stopped happening in the 1970s, and a bonded screen should be best of all fittings.

Is this still a problem on the post-2012 models? I'm thinking of buying a new XC60, but this sort of stuff is fraught with hasslle.

Taking ownership of car glass issues, even on straight repairs, can be like playing pass the parcel in a Belfast pub.

So would the leaky screen status today put you off a new VOLVO?