Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   RWD Rally 2007 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24286)

Velorum Sep 15th, 2006 18:44

FWD queries!

Julie (MissDemeanor) has asked whether she can come even though she has a FWD (shock horror!)

This raises an interesting question - what does everone think about our FWD siblings joining in?

Personaly I would rather not rule anything out - as long as the rally doesnt lose its 'classic' flavour if you know what I mean!

Opinions please!

Ian

Velorum Sep 15th, 2006 18:48

Request title change for this thread!

Dear Administrator

Would it be possible to change the title of this thread to:

RWD Le Mans Rally 2007

Thanks!
Ian

Velorum Sep 15th, 2006 21:00

Change of thread title

Thanks for that Iain.

This is a far more appropriate title!

Ian

IC Sep 15th, 2006 21:14

Hi, no problem!

MissDMeanor Sep 15th, 2006 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velorum2003 (Post 147637)
Julie (MissDemeanor) has asked whether she can come even though she has a FWD (shock horror!)

This raises an interesting question - what does everone think about our FWD siblings joining in?

Personaly I would rather not rule anything out - as long as the rally doesnt lose its 'classic' flavour if you know what I mean!

Opinions please!

Ian

Hi Ian

Maybe the more modern FWD or performance section :thinking: could arrange to go under our own steam, so to speak, and meet up at Le Mans (the atmosphere there is fantastic).

That way you keep your classic rally and if you set out before us you'll have us on hand to help if you break down:p

IC?

Velorum Sep 15th, 2006 22:16

Thanks Julie

Breakdown? I think that you must have us confused with some other group (the boot 1/2 full of spares is for show only).

Im sure that the two groups could meet up there - it sounds as though the atmosphere is great!

Ian

MissDMeanor Sep 15th, 2006 22:27

Hi Ian

Sounds like a good plan. It was the Kit Car Magazine I went with, not the club as I said before.

There's a museum there which has a huge collection of previous Le Mans winners and well worth a look (no Volvo winners though:emoticon_U: ). There's also a Chinese restaurant about 15 feet from the track.....talk about fast food!

Are you thinking of camping or staying in a hotel? We camped which was great fun and you're there very near the track so just get up and saunter over to the racing. Washing facilities were a joke though but trying to sleep with the roar of supercars going past was indescribable!

Velorum Sep 15th, 2006 22:37

I prefer camping - but we will see what the everyone else thinks. Lack of washing facilities is a bit worrying though!

Ian

MissDMeanor Sep 15th, 2006 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velorum2003 (Post 147713)
I prefer camping - but we will see what the everyone else thinks. Lack of washing facilities is a bit worrying though!

Ian

It would be cheaper to camp but there were no washing facilities, only portaloos and sinks (with the door wide open for all to see you try and have a wash). This was a few years ago so with any luck it's improved.

Failing that, an early booking with a fair few in number may secure a cheap local hotel? (We were also booked in by the magazine overnight in a motel on the way to and from to break up the journey.)

James_N Sep 15th, 2006 22:59

in my limited experiance, campsites like Houx with numbered pitches, are already well taken. Camping now will be limited to sites like Karting Nord - which was quite good this year, but you need to get there early.

visit www.beermountain.com for more info on campsite.

As regards hotels and camping just on the outskirts of le mans, this would be ok but the problem is getting to and from the circuit. using cars is near on impossible because of the already heavy traffic. Thats what screwed me up this year, i had to walk everywhere and practically abandon the car on the campsite as the traffic was so bad!