Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   S60 D5 2006 after remap (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=305143)

rockfordbass Apr 8th, 2020 22:47

S60 D5 2006 after remap

Hey guys right, to start it's a s60 2006 D5 185
About 10 years ago had a remap, got in and didn't feel any different, so recently got on the rollers came out with 179 below standard was expecting at least 220,so they said investigations needed why so much power loss, they said injectors not correct on return, so sent car to have injectors done and egr blanked came back no difference, had fuel filter and air filter changed, also about 12 years ago had swirl flaps done as going to limp mode, had codes read today and get 6665 glow plug relay-7700 ecm- was told by garage as you've had remap your get 7700,so what's next on the list to release the power of this car

davebb Apr 9th, 2020 00:51

Do a smoke test to see if there is any air/boost leaks
Does the car smoke when you put your foot down,
What boot is the car making ?
Look to see if there is any oil on/under the intercooler
Has the egr been mapped out now it is blocked
Is the MAF reading correctly , I lost 20BHP when my cold air pipe had a split in it, and that is not a boost pipe,
But do a smoke test, intercoolers are known to blow,
Dave

davebb Apr 9th, 2020 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfordbass (Post 2617853)
Hey guys right, to start it's a s60 2006 D5 185
About 10 years ago had a remap, got in and didn't feel any different, so recently got on the rollers came out with 179 below standard was expecting at least 220,so they said investigations needed why so much power loss, they said injectors not correct on return, so sent car to have injectors done and egr blanked came back no difference, had fuel filter and air filter changed, also about 12 years ago had swirl flaps done as going to limp mode, had codes read today and get 6665 glow plug relay-7700 ecm- was told by garage as you've had remap your get 7700,so what's next on the list to release the power of this car

Who remapped the car ,
Dave

davebb Apr 9th, 2020 01:14

ECM 7700, It's because of checksum mismatch between CEM and ECM
THE TUNER THAT DID THE FILE DID NOT CORRECT THE checksum IN THE ECM
Dave

rockfordbass Apr 9th, 2020 11:08

It was a local guy, egr is mapped out, but had it redone by company in Newquay but when it came back it was slower so had old remap put back on,my local garage with rollers is arc tuning in Gloucester

rockfordbass Apr 9th, 2020 11:15

Car doesn't smoke no, egr is blanked off, I'll contact garage about smoke test

davebb Apr 9th, 2020 12:37

Hi
see what the boost reads when under load, using any app or vida, it could be that the VNT is not working as it should, turbo can coke up, or the gears in the actuator can brake,
Let use know how you get on
Dave

Bonefishblues Apr 9th, 2020 13:15

About 10 years ago had a remap, got in and didn't feel any different, so recently got on the rollers came out with 179 below standard was expecting at least 220

Am I the only one who's a little puzzled at the delay?

Clan Apr 9th, 2020 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfordbass (Post 2617930)
It was a local guy, egr is mapped out, but had it redone by company in Newquay but when it came back it was slower so had old remap put back on,my local garage with rollers is arc tuning in Gloucester

Does ARC do any set up work or do they just measure horse power and produce a graph for the boys ?

rockfordbass Apr 17th, 2020 10:06

Sorry guys not getting notifications, dave how or what do I need to measure boost, what's vnt?, all I can say is is does shift but read outs on the rollers say standard bhp,

Clan Yeh they just do readouts but if I pay I guess they can test more, but I friend owns his own garage where all the work gets done for free