Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   S90 6 door limousine (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315634)

MrBlue Mar 31st, 2021 18:37

S90 6 door limousine

Dear All,

I'm not a regular contributor to this website so I hope the nature of this post is appropriate for this forum page.

I have a lovely 1998 blue Volvo S90 6 door limousine that I am thinking of selling and wonder if anyone can advise me on valuation and where to sell. This is a rarely seen car, it has very low mileage, (14,000 miles) and has been kept in a garage it's whole life.

Any advice or offers would be welcome, thanks.

Existential Crisis Mar 31st, 2021 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlue (Post 2724174)
Dear All,

I'm not a regular contributor to this website so I hope the nature of this post is appropriate for this forum page.

I have a lovely 1998 blue Volvo S90 6 door limousine that I am thinking of selling and wonder if anyone can advise me on valuation and where to sell. This is a rarely seen car, it has very low mileage, (14,000 miles) and has been kept in a garage it's whole life.

Any advice or offers would be welcome, thanks.

Sounds incredible, what an intersting car. As much maligned as it is I woukd try a well worded advert on Ebay to let the market decide. Or, post a similarly good advert on car and classic and here saying what you want for it, the interst or.lack of it will.tell you how near theark.you are. Car has miniscule miles but surely now a novelty vehicle? Those in the market for a limo will want something new and shiny I'd have thought..its exactly the kind of thing I'd buy but timing and finances and fear of the ensuing loneliness that I would experience after being made homeless by my long suffering partner precludes me from any further conversation....

eternal optimist Mar 31st, 2021 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Existential Crisis (Post 2724190)
Sounds incredible, what an intersting car. As much maligned as it is I woukd try a well worded advert on Ebay to let the market decide. Or, post a similarly good advert on car and classic and here saying what you want for it, the interst or.lack of it will.tell you how near theark.you are. Car has miniscule miles but surely now a novelty vehicle? Those in the market for a limo will want something new and shiny I'd have thought..its exactly the kind of thing I'd buy but timing and finances and fear of the ensuing loneliness that I would experience after being made homeless by my long suffering partner precludes me from any further conversation....

But surely you wouldn’t be homeless - you new home might have six doors and four wheels, but it’s bound to be comfortable.

Laird Scooby Apr 1st, 2021 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Existential Crisis (Post 2724190)

Go on George, you know you want to! :tounge_smile:

It's a niche market car though, if i had the time, space and money i'd probaly go for it but i have none of those sadly.

migrator Apr 1st, 2021 12:00

Photos inside and outside would be useful to gauge value.

Rocinante Apr 1st, 2021 12:49

Well here's one for Sale in Belgium:

Volvo S90 3.0i - 6 doors, 1999, 841,096 km (can that be right ?)
7,500Euro

Rather different mileage to yours, but it's maybe a starting point.

https://www.reezocar.com/en/occasion...2F924D1B5.html

Laird Scooby Apr 1st, 2021 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocinante (Post 2724413)
Well here's one for Sale in Belgium:

Volvo S90 3.0i - 6 doors, 1999, 841,096 km (can that be right ?)
7,500Euro

Rather different mileage to yours, but it's maybe a starting point.

https://www.reezocar.com/en/occasion...2F924D1B5.html

Enlarging the image of the instruments it looks like 041096km which would be ~25k miles. General condition of the brake pedal, steering wheel etc seem to suggest it's closer to that than 500k miles!

Rocinante Apr 1st, 2021 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2724420)
Enlarging the image of the instruments it looks like 041096km which would be ~25k miles. General condition of the brake pedal, steering wheel etc seem to suggest it's closer to that than 500k miles!

I agree with you on the condition that it seems to be too good to have 500k miles on it.

But that first digit doesn't look like a 0 to me on the odometer.

griston64 Apr 1st, 2021 13:31

Is this the same car that was put up in 2019 ? It belonged to a friend back then

Rocinante Apr 1st, 2021 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2724424)
Is this the same car that was put up in 2019 ? It belonged to a friend back then

Do you think you'll get to buy it this time ?