Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Breaking 2003 S40 2.0T Sport Lux Manual (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297286)

Technician Aug 4th, 2019 21:11

Breaking 2003 S40 2.0T Sport Lux Manual

1 Attachment(s)
Breaking 2003 S40 2.0T Sport Lux Manual - Black

Due to suspected headgasket failure (along with a rattling camshaft for a year and a half), 230k on the clock, tinworm above the windscreen thanks to a naff window fitter, some rust on the sills and twice being a Cat 'C' car I have decided to retire my car.

Being a Sport Lux it's got the desirable bits on as well as upgraded parts so I am giving you good forum folks first chance to buy. As it's been on the hit list twice and the locations of the rust I'm not really wanting to sell the car as a whole as it's only really got a year left, and with the Headgasket looking like being gone it's not viable.

Desirable parts:
Eggcrate Grille
Lancer III Front Brakes
17" Arcadia's (albeit scuffed a fair bit) with near new Pzero Nero front and rear tyres
Genuine Xenon Headlights (Black with Chrome Rings)
Black indicators
Front Fogs with the inside painted black to match headlights
Piano Black Trims (not steering wheel)
Heated Black leather (Inc Electric Drivers Seat) but worn
Side Support Rear Headrests
Premium Sound System (Amp and uprated Speakers)
HU-1205 with discs, and the Amplifier Out Version
Phase 1 T4 Engine Bay Trim
Genuine Front Strut Brace
Cup Holder Centre Console (wear to handbrake gater)
Full House Climate Panel
Chrome Door Handles and Boot
Clock's With Chrome Rings
Genuine Rubber Mats (drivers well worn though)
Smoked Marker lights in body colour

Panels are ok-ish, drivers door is a bit scratched, the rest are pretty good. Bonnet is a little chipped where it meets the bumper and needs a proper polish to bring up the shine. Passenger front wing good, no visible rust. Drivers wing has a bit. Boot is sadly damaged and the spoiler is scuffed, but could be made good. Mirrors are quite chipped. Front bumper (non washer) has scuff on near side (passenger) bellow the marker, not too deep. Front spoiler present with centre section, albeit not all the mounting points are there.

Any questions please get in touch. If your after the Arcadia's though I will need some sort of wheels to keep it mobile so I don't get too much ear ache!

Car is located in Brackley, Northamptonshire. Willing to post and meet people etc...

Pictures to follow.

V40T4R Aug 4th, 2019 23:59

Hi Technician,

I'll take the cup holder centre console please!

Will you PM the price asked including shipping to Portugal?

Thanks!

Miguel

Technician Aug 5th, 2019 22:09

Hi Miguel,

I will remove it from the car tomorrow and take some pics so you can see the condition. I'll also look into the postage cost. Did I sell you some lights before?

Steve

V40T4R Aug 6th, 2019 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technician (Post 2542290)
Hi Miguel,

I will remove it from the car tomorrow and take some pics so you can see the condition. I'll also look into the postage cost. Did I sell you some lights before?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks in advance!

You sure did, xenons... still here for spares.

Miguel

sortedt4 Aug 6th, 2019 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technician (Post 2542005)
Breaking 2003 S40 2.0T Sport Lux Manual - Black

Due to suspected headgasket failure (along with a rattling camshaft for a year and a half), 230k on the clock, tinworm above the windscreen thanks to a naff window fitter, some rust on the sills and twice being a Cat 'C' car I have decided to retire my car.

Being a Sport Lux it's got the desirable bits on as well as upgraded parts so I am giving you good forum folks first chance to buy. As it's been on the hit list twice and the locations of the rust I'm not really wanting to sell the car as a whole as it's only really got a year left, and with the Headgasket looking like being gone it's not viable.

Desirable parts:
Eggcrate Grille price:speechless-smiley-5
Lancer III Front Brakes price:speechless-smiley-5
17" Arcadia's (albeit scuffed a fair bit) with near new Pzero Nero front and rear tyres
Genuine Xenon Headlights (Black with Chrome Rings)
Black indicators
Front Fogs with the inside painted black to match headlights
Piano Black Trims (not steering wheel)
Heated Black leather (Inc Electric Drivers Seat) but worn
Side Support Rear Headrests
Premium Sound System (Amp and uprated Speakers)
HU-1205 with discs, and the Amplifier Out Version
Phase 1 T4 Engine Bay Trim price :speechless-smiley-5
Genuine Front Strut Brace price :speechless-smiley-5
Cup Holder Centre Console (wear to handbrake gater)
Full House Climate Panel
Chrome Door Handles and Boot
Clock's With Chrome Rings
Genuine Rubber Mats (drivers well worn though)
Smoked Marker lights in body colour

Panels are ok-ish, drivers door is a bit scratched, the rest are pretty good. Bonnet is a little chipped where it meets the bumper and needs a proper polish to bring up the shine. Passenger front wing good, no visible rust. Drivers wing has a bit. Boot is sadly damaged and the spoiler is scuffed, but could be made good. Mirrors are quite chipped. Front bumper (non washer) has scuff on near side (passenger) bellow the marker, not too deep. Front spoiler present with centre section, albeit not all the mounting points are there.

Any questions please get in touch. If your after the Arcadia's though I will need some sort of wheels to keep it mobile so I don't get too much ear ache!

Car is located in Brackley, Northamptonshire. Willing to post and meet people etc...

Pictures to follow.

please pm prices marked

Technician Aug 7th, 2019 01:07

Having some issues attaching more images of the car.

Also I'm 99% sure I have another rear seat base that is also black leather and in better condition than the one in the car. Trouble is I can't get to it at the moment to take a pic. Hopefully at the weekend.

domhart10 Aug 9th, 2019 14:08

Does the front splitter split from the bumper? after a front splitter as mine has broke.

would it be possible to get a photo / link to see the T4 engine bay trim?

V40T4R Aug 10th, 2019 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by V40T4R (Post 2542060)
Hi Technician,

I'll take the cup holder centre console please!

Will you PM the price asked including shipping to Portugal?

Thanks!

Miguel

Just to inform that I'm no longer interested in this article.
I thought it was the pop-up cup holder, my bad... sorry.

Toxicbacon Aug 19th, 2019 09:02

Morning interested in the xenons, head rests and 1205
And brakes can you text with individual prices 07963327304

George Holmer Aug 30th, 2019 11:18

I would be interested in rear electric window mechanisms, door looms and buttons with trim.

I would also be interested in any wiring relating to the cruise, in particular the plugs into the control unit and the stalk.