Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Disabled Section (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Trackdays Anyone (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=218387)

monkeyv70r Nov 21st, 2014 11:53

Trackdays Anyone

Anyone interested in having a Disability Volvo Owners day on track?

Steve940estate Nov 21st, 2014 21:25

That sounds like a good idea providing you could get enough people to do it.

Out of interest are people with disabilities able to take part on general trackdays at the moment ?

I don't know a lot about how the MSA do thing for their events. People like Alex Zinardi have been able to compete in adapted vehicles so they must have rules covering it I guess.

Mike 700 Nov 23rd, 2014 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyv70r (Post 1785413)
Anyone interested in having a Disability Volvo Owners day on track?

Could be ?

stuartvolvo Nov 27th, 2014 14:34

Track Day

This could be fun, yet again, we would need to check the rules and regulations. The other problem is as much as I would obviously like to come, so that I could also write about the event, it would also depend where the track day is held, as im living in Scotland, it would be quite a journey if the track was down in England some where, and would be too much for me to drive. It would be great to try and find a track that would allow the majority of members to attend.

Regards
Stuart

monkeyv70r Nov 30th, 2014 14:40

i do track days with opentrackdays and their fine with my disability, so long as you have a full uk licence. I will email the guy and ask him about it, just wondering about numbers.

James_N Jan 1st, 2015 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve940estate (Post 1785779)

Out of interest are people with disabilities able to take part on general trackdays at the moment ?

As long as you hold a driving licence, I can't see what difference it makes?

I'd love to take part, but I don't think a 940 celebration would be much fun on a track day!!

Steve940estate Jan 5th, 2015 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_N (Post 1815803)
As long as you hold a driving licence, I can't see what difference it makes?

I'd love to take part, but I don't think a 940 celebration would be much fun on a track day!!

It certainly shouldn't make a difference, I just asked as I was wondering if there was a need to organise a special event.

Getting out on a track to see how far you can push anything sounds like fun to me I just can't afford to break my only working road car.

monkeyv70r Jan 12th, 2015 12:18

you dont need to go fast to have fun, i think your 940 would be great fun. I've seen people take morgan 3 wheels on track get over took by everyone but have the most fun.

James_N Mar 31st, 2015 00:24

I see there has been no progress on this, a shame indeed :(

Not enough disabled members on the forum to make it realistic?

monkeyv70r Apr 2nd, 2015 14:10

it doesn't matter on numbers, but my engine rebuild is taking time. But im still up for doing it when my cars ready regardless of numbers.