Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Amazon Ruddspeed stuff... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=60845)

Steve121 Nov 5th, 2008 13:16

Amazon Ruddspeed stuff...

I've had my bit of fun with the twin weber settup on my Amazon now, time to go back to the SU's and save some fuel money!
they are still on the car at the moment, but if there is any interest I have Ruddspeed Weber DCOE inlet manifolds, these clear the master cylinders on RHD cars. Would be looking for £250 or near offer, also a very rare pair of reconditioned Weber 42DCOE8 carbs which are the type used in the Ruddspeed conversion £500 the pair. Also have different chokes and trumpets as spares to be included.
I'll stick them on ebay in a week or so if no interest here.
I'll take some pics at the weekend.

Makes the Amazon sound and go very well indeed!
(mine's a B18 with K-cam and flowed high-comp head)

Steve
steve@deadcod.com
mobile 07974 653057

agent_strangelove Nov 5th, 2008 21:48

I might be interested in the manifolds... Did Ruddspeed make there own? Are the the short style (TWM or Warnerfold) or long (Volvo or MISAB). I have owned few different DCOE set ups so it would be interesting to see. I also have a big bore b20 I am debating about what I will use on it to get gas into the beast...

Thanks

Steve121 Nov 6th, 2008 08:09

yep, pretty sure Ruddspeed made their own, have only seen these on Ruddspeed cars. They are longer than other manifolds I've seen, so assume they are the 'long' type.
When I got the settup the carbs had 34mm chokes which were a bit too big for my B18 (spluttered at low revs, flew at high revs) so could have been from a B20, or a race engine.
Like I said, I'll get some pics up at the weekend.

Derek UK Nov 6th, 2008 12:47

It would be a shame to "lose" these manifolds onto a LHD car where the offset to clear the master cylinders isn't needed. Cheaper, old and new, options are available for LHD cars. Modern ones from MISAB etc may even be more efficient.
Of course, I respect your right to sell to anyone.

Steve121 Nov 10th, 2008 19:39

Some pics at long last......

6 Attachment(s)
you can see my home brewed twin cable settup, works well and connects to the existing throttle ball-joint.

Steve121 Nov 13th, 2008 13:17

all sold!

tdz840 Nov 15th, 2008 19:32

???????????????????

Steve121 Nov 16th, 2008 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdz840 (Post 425014)
???????????????????

what does that mean?

jimbolya Nov 16th, 2008 10:19

it was in response to a post that appeared on this thread last night but now looks as though the mods have removed. a random flamer posted lots of links to dodgy looking sites on this thread... the question marks were in response to that.

ok?

Gordon Hunter Nov 23rd, 2008 16:57

Sorry guys,

My fault, I removed the junk post, but the reason for removal doesn't seem to automatically have been displayed.

Still got my L plates on here.

Gordon