Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   2017 S90 - irregular indicator ticks (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288422)

sfattony Nov 10th, 2018 09:33

2017 S90 - irregular indicator ticks

I’ve a 2017 (67 plate) S90 R-Design with lots of bells and whistles - very proud, it’s a good motor.

One niggling issue however - when indicating, every now and again, one of the audible ticks is slightly out of time

Tick .... tick .... tick .... tick ...... tick .. tick .... tick .... tick

The actual lights are fine by the way - I’ve sat and checked.

While this is no way a critical issue, I wondered -

a) am I alone / going mad?
b) has it been identified before?
c) is there a fix?

nu11eaf Nov 10th, 2018 09:43

They all do it.

Lexman8 Nov 10th, 2018 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfattony (Post 2465422)

no/possibly

Quote:

yes

Quote:

c) is there a fix?
no

Philip Fisher Nov 10th, 2018 10:22

Mine does it. Particularly when the car's computer is busy doing something else it interupts the ticking of the indicators.

sfattony Nov 10th, 2018 10:28

Righto - not to worry then

Cheers chaps

Clan Nov 10th, 2018 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfattony (Post 2465422)
I’ve a 2017 (67 plate) S90 R-Design with lots of bells and whistles - very proud, it’s a good motor.

One niggling issue however - when indicating, every now and again, one of the audible ticks is slightly out of time

Tick .... tick .... tick .... tick ...... tick .. tick .... tick .... tick

The actual lights are fine by the way - I’ve sat and checked.

While this is no way a critical issue, I wondered -

c) is there a fix?

when did you last have a full software update ? Some of the the older SPA models could do it .

sammyblackbaron Nov 10th, 2018 11:30

I have a MY18 V90CC and mine has erratic indicators too. I find it very irritating.

Philip Fisher Nov 10th, 2018 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2465449)
when did you last have a full software update ? Some of the the older SPA models could do it .

I think you overestimate the ability of a software update and underplay how widespread this is.

I believe it is common across the range and age of models and software does nothing to fix it.

That said, it doesn't both me one jot - I just regard it as part of the character of the car.

Clan Nov 10th, 2018 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2465472)
I think you overestimate the ability of a software update and underplay how widespread this is.

I believe it is common across the range and age of models and software does nothing to fix it.

That said, it doesn't both me one jot - I just regard it as part of the character of the car.

In my practical experience of the new models it is mainly on the older "new" XC90 models and only a few certainly not widespread … I would be interested to hear when the poster last had a software update .

sfattony Nov 10th, 2018 12:29

Software updated in September - at least that’s what the dealer told me when I bought it .......