Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Wanted - Future Classic Volvo 400 Series (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=198823)

JamesV70R Mar 27th, 2021 20:48

He is entitled to bump his thread at reasonable intervals, in the same manner that anyone selling is allowed to bump their "For sale" threads.

Its only bumped every few months - I would suggest that is perfectly reasonable.

James

GDPR Mar 27th, 2021 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesV70R (Post 2722982)
He is entitled to bump his thread at reasonable intervals, in the same manner that anyone selling is allowed to bump their "For sale" threads.

Its only bumped every few months - I would suggest that is perfectly reasonable.

James

I would suggest this forum isn’t used for car dealers to pedal their wares. I’d rather interact with enthusiasts than sharks please.

JamesV70R Mar 27th, 2021 22:09

Traders are a long standing (and welcomed) part of this forum. There is a small amount of "vetting" done when someone requests to act as a trader on the forum, in an attempt to ensure they are not "sharks".

I see no shark-like behaviour here, just a classic car dealer posting every few months. Not spamming, no hard sales talk, no limited time offers.

Cheers,
James

GDPR Mar 27th, 2021 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesV70R (Post 2723009)
Traders are a long standing (and welcomed) part of this forum. There is a small amount of "vetting" done when someone requests to act as a trader on the forum, in an attempt to ensure they are not "sharks".

I see no shark-like behaviour here, just a classic car dealer posting every few months. Not spamming, no hard sales talk, no limited time offers.

Cheers,
James

Okay. Tell me how to delete my account then please.

JamesV70R Mar 27th, 2021 22:33

Please send an email to forumadmin@volvoclub.org.uk with your Forum Name, from the address you registered with, and we'll make it so.

Sorry to see you leave over this, but we can't ban or remove traders because of one persons opinion.

Cheers,
James

GDPR Mar 28th, 2021 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesV70R (Post 2723014)
Please send an email to forumadmin@volvoclub.org.uk with your Forum Name, from the address you registered with, and we'll make it so.

Sorry to see you leave over this, but we can't ban or remove traders because of one persons opinion.

Cheers,
James

There were two of us; "triumphtoledo" also posted a similar request.

JamesV70R Mar 28th, 2021 14:48

I've asked one of the other admins to deal with the deletion request, and to also look over this thread to ensure I haven't been unreasonable by not banning KGF1 and deleting his thread.

Cheers,
James

griston64 Mar 28th, 2021 19:53

I would agree regarding traders trying to buy members cars. Not very nice!

Ultimately I know its up to the person not to sell and also not to buy from them. I just didn't like the recent 960 that sold for £2950.00 and then was straight up for £7995.00:shocked:

foggyjames Mar 29th, 2021 11:28

...but where else will KGF buy cars from to sell at a ridiculous mark-up?!

They're clearly marked as Traders, so it's up to the individual to exercise some common sense about their intentions. Being realistic, they are not going to get a good offer for their car from people like this (so speaks the voice of experience!), but that won't stop said car being advertised for absolutely top dollar after some flashy photos have been taken. Having said that, it's pretty much how the whole the motor trade works, and we're not here to police that.

Just be thankful it's all in one thread.

cheers

James

GDPR Mar 29th, 2021 11:57

I see traders joining to ask to buy cars. Is there any benefit to forum members to this infiltration? I think not. Who is this forum for? Volvo lovers or chancing Del Boys? Are they paying for their membership? Where is the transparency? Again, I want no part of a forum that encourages this. Having watched 400 series cars that they have bought, inflated the prices of and then we have had to help out repair to very sad owners over on Volvo 480 Club Europe I am firm in this opinion. That this forum is encouraging them or giving them an “in” to get cheap cars is in my opinion wrong. KGF and all of them are sharks in my book and I am not sharing a car forum with them.

On another note I took a browse to the Lounge section and notice that political debate is not allowed but it seems to be a frothing gammon sort of place. I don’t want to be part of such a forum... it’s a bloody Volvo forum, leave politics out of it. What a disgrace. It is uncomfortable to read TBH and I have no faith in the admins to sort it or this trader infiltration.

I joined the VOC many years ago and was told I couldn’t possibly have any help with sourcing parts until I joined but rest assured they had loads of access to parts, manuals and contacts. They have sweet-F-A for the 480 and I thankfully quit my membership a year or two later.

I do however remain very grateful to PNuT for helping me out with my C70 when he came around with his laptop but really I have no use for this forum now. I’m done.