Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   General: Ferrita stainless exhausts. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=63824)

don kalmar union Jan 3rd, 2009 09:47

Ferrita stainless exhausts.

The pound is fairing badly against the Swedish currency and my next consignment of Ferrita exhausts will have to be offered at higher prices.

Presently I have stocks of cat back exhausts for the FWD 850's and S/V/C70's at my old sharp price of £295 plus £15 delivery by TNT nationwide, together with lesser stocks of cat back systems for P2 cars, latest 'R's, S/V40 T4, latest small T5's and XC90 all at the older prices. Not to forget stainless 'sports' downpipes for all recent models incorporating the finest Kemira/Ecocat 100 cel cats still at £595 including VAT plus delivery.

Please email me don@kalmar-union.com or call 020 8959 3230 if you want to purchase any of my present stock at these existing prices.....

Regards, Don.

don kalmar union Apr 21st, 2009 12:37

Revised Ferrita stainless exhaust prices.

I have just been sorting out the costs to me of my last shipment from Ferrita where I bought more stuff than ever to get a good deal but suffered a bit on the poor value of the pound against the Krona.

I really do have to increase my price for the Ferrita cat back system for the earlier 850,S/V/C70 cars to £325 including VAT and mainland UK delivery. There is one Ferrita design that covers all cars, estates and coupes as it incorporates a sliding rear tail pipe adjustable for length.

The new stock of cat backs for the P2 cars I can sell at £365 including VAT and mainland delivery. There are two different designs for cars and estates in the P2 range to accomodate their varying lengths.

The Ferrita stainless downpipes I can now sell at £555 each including VAT and delivery which is my sharpest price ever, this is for any downpipe for any car.

Regards, Don.

Dog_Book Oct 3rd, 2009 12:13

Can you alter the phone number on your website so i dont cry when calling and getting the unkown number message? Cheers

Jod T5 Oct 4th, 2009 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog_book (Post 568235)
can you alter the phone number on your website so i dont cry when calling and getting the unkown number message? Cheers

020 8959 3230

deathrider311271 Mar 5th, 2010 22:36

hi

this might seem like a stupid question, do the exhausts u have fit 1999 v70 2.5 turbo? do they sound nice? and what tail pipe do they have?

cheers

simon

saturnuranus Mar 6th, 2010 00:10

Should fit without any problems. The main difference between the Ferrita and the standard Volvo exhaust I found, is that you can actually hear it, and a nice note it is too. Volvo should be applauded for creating such a quiet system but it certainly wasn't something I ever wanted. The Ferrita is a little rumbly/boomy at motorway cruising speeds but it takes very little getting used to.

Try the pic, you can see it just about. Being stainless it has of course discoloured but still cleans up nice after 2 years.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Very happy with mine!

tommy t4 Apr 21st, 2011 11:31

hello mate, have you got any pics of the exhausts for a s40 t4? and back box sizes? can you get decats?

marko69 Dec 31st, 2011 10:13

whats the price of a cat bk system for my 850 s 2.5 10v m reg ?

marko69 Jan 17th, 2012 12:04

any one?

Jameshow Feb 8th, 2012 20:10

Hi
£325 from what I can make out
"I really do have to increase my price for the Ferrita cat back system for the earlier 850,S/V/C70 cars to £325 including VAT and mainland UK delivery. There is one Ferrita design that covers all cars, estates and coupes as it incorporates a sliding rear tail pipe adjustable for length."

Yours James

PiratepeteT4 Mar 27th, 2012 07:10

Hi I'm after something nice for my S40 T4, any suggestions?

getcarter1972 Jun 3rd, 2012 19:18

I m after a full sports system for my v50 2.4i - what do you have that might suit? Sorry to ask but am relatively new and still finding my way :)

Axionknight Jun 3rd, 2012 21:04

Don is a hard man to get hold of, lol.

Try his site, kalmar-union.com, theres other methods of communication on there.

don kalmar union Jun 4th, 2012 07:31

Kalmar Union contact.

You can call me on 01494 785508 or email don@kalmar-union.com

For the Focus based cars I only have cat back replacements for the T5s; C30, C70, S40 and V50.

Regards, Don.

850Chris Aug 12th, 2012 21:34

I'm very close to buying a Ferrita cat back system for the T5 (which I'll buy through Don's website).

Before I do, I'm keen to see photos of the system on an SE T5 (i.e. non R-Design or Sport). Does anyone have any photos of the system on their V50 / S40? Also, does anyone know what diameter the tailpipe outlets are? I've tried asking the man himself but no reply as of yet.

Thanks in advance

don kalmar union Aug 13th, 2012 09:24

Ferrita exhaust.

Hello Chris,

Apologies for the delay...I have just sent an email to you.

Regards, Don.

scoobysn7x Sep 27th, 2012 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 1225788)
Hello Chris,

Apologies for the delay...I have just sent an email to you.

Regards, Don.

I'd be interested in said photo as I have a s40 T5 SE & the exhaust is starting to blow so thinking about a ferrita want to know what they look like fitted, and are they noticeable louder than standard

Nick63 Jan 26th, 2014 11:35

Morning all,
I have an issue with my exhaust system on my V70R, in that it's a bit too "Boomy"...I think that it's a custom built system, which has the twin rear back boxes, which sounds bloody lovely when I start it up and when edging through town....but on the dual carriageway and motorway, it gets a bit uncomfortable, unless I take her to about 85mph, then it's a bit better. ...not good! Is there any rear boxes that I can fit that will reduce the "Boom"? Not sure that I can afford to buy a full system at the moment, but I would like to get it sorted out before we drive across France in May. Not sure I could put up with the noise for that length of time. ...any tips would be helpfull.....

don kalmar union Jan 26th, 2014 12:08

Ferrita exhausts.

I keep Ferrita's stainless sports systems in stock for both the 2 and 4 wheel drive cars.

You can check them here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-..._c70-exhausts/

The prices shown include VAT and UK mainland delivery by TNT.

Regards, Don.

dannyboy_turbo Jan 26th, 2014 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick63 (Post 1568055)
Morning all,
I have an issue with my exhaust system on my V70R, in that it's a bit too "Boomy"...I think that it's a custom built system, which has the twin rear back boxes, which sounds bloody lovely when I start it up and when edging through town....but on the dual carriageway and motorway, it gets a bit uncomfortable, unless I take her to about 85mph, then it's a bit better. ...not good! Is there any rear boxes that I can fit that will reduce the "Boom"? Not sure that I can afford to buy a full system at the moment, but I would like to get it sorted out before we drive across France in May. Not sure I could put up with the noise for that length of time. ...any tips would be helpfull.....

Hi! After getting a straight through pipe made up for my car which caused huge droning on the motorway I got a stainless backbox with a small rear silencer made up by my local powerflow place for £110 and the quality is great. I can post a pic although mine was for PH2 V70.

kfuglsang Apr 7th, 2014 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 1568078)
I keep Ferrita's stainless sports systems in stock for both the 2 and 4 wheel drive cars.
The prices shown include VAT and UK mainland delivery by TNT.
Regards, Don.

Hey Don

I sent you a few emails regarding a turbo-back Ferrita with race cat for my S40 T5 (FWD, year 2005, non R-design).
Did you receive them?

I would like a quote including shipping to Denmark.
Also, whats the price of a MTE stage 3?

Please email or PM me so I can get ready for the summer :)

RMBBob Apr 14th, 2014 14:38

Tel Num

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog_Book (Post 568235)
Can you alter the phone number on your website so i dont cry when calling and getting the unkown number message? Cheers

Yes, please change your number.

Much thanx.

paulcas Aug 2nd, 2014 17:19

does anyone have a youtube clip of what they sound like?

tingy Aug 2nd, 2014 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulcas (Post 1706243)
does anyone have a youtube clip of what they sound like?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...psvmfctm3i.mp4

(click the pic)

first 16 secs ferrita DP + catback :D

geof1970 May 21st, 2015 23:11

Hi Don

do you still have any stock of the stainless exhausts for 850 T5'Rs. After 21 yrs it might be time for a new one!!!!

Geof

don kalmar union May 22nd, 2015 08:02

Ferrita stainless.

I keep just the cat back in stock.

You can find it, order and pay by credit card here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-..._c70-exhausts/

The price of £415 includes VAT and delivery overnight by TNT.

Don.

DavieC Jun 6th, 2015 14:58

Don, sent a couple of emails, I have a 2007 facelift Volvo V50 T5. I am looking to get an aftermarket exhaust for it and am interested in a Ferrita system.

Couple of questions:

Do you have these in stock?

As said my car has the facelift rear bumper, it's not an r design but an se, however has the cutouts in the rear valence for the exhaust tips. Which system would I choose, I take it the R design one would fit this rear bumper?

I am looking for a system that has a bit more sound, makes the car sound a little better but nothing too loud. How does the Ferrita system sound??

Thanks

don kalmar union Jun 7th, 2015 09:16

Ferrita exhaust.

For the S40 and V50 T5s Ferrita make two differing exhausts, one for cars with Volvo's R design styling kit and one for those without. The difference is only the spacing of the rear tail pipes.

I have both in stock. They are here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-...0c70-exhausts/

The prices include VAT and delivery to most mainland locations, there is a supplement for NI and some Scottish locations. If I could have your postcode I can check with TNT to ascertain if that attracts a higher charge.

Ferrita 'sports' exhausts are not noisy but they do change the note both inside and outside the car..... in a satisfactory way.

Don.

don kalmar union Jun 7th, 2015 11:51

Ferrita and increased outputs.

Just to add that a Ferrita cat back is part of the prerequisite of replacing the complete original exhaust system if you are ever looking to increase engine outputs beyond the 260bhp that you get with a basic Stage 1 MTE software upgrade.

To that cat back you need to add the special 3" downpipe with 100 cel cat and a larger intercooler to get around 285bhp.

Don.

aland May 18th, 2018 14:47

Can 'Stainless Ferrita performance exhaust Volvo V70R P2' be used with the standard downpipe?
Any decent pictures of the exhausts you sell for the P2 V70R ?
And do you have any videos to get an idea how the noise compares with the stock exhaust?

don kalmar union May 27th, 2018 12:50

My apologies.... have only just picked up on your post.

All Ferrita exhausts are perfectly compatible with the standard Volvo d'pipes and 'cat backs'.

There are some vids on youtube for which you can search.

None of them are noisy but make a very satisfactory change in the sound, both inside and out.

Don.

PS: the TME exhausts similarly interchangeable with similar sound......

Thekilt Nov 8th, 2019 11:11

Hi Don,

I am looking at replacing the exhaust on my 2001 2.3 T5 as it seems like its the original (rather rusty). I noticed that the Ferrita exhausts come straight out, rather than my original exhaust that goes down. Will i need to use a hole cutter in the bumper to fit this straight exhaust?
Also how much would it be from cat back, and also from the turbo back? (I need to check how bad it is from the turbo back) If you could please PM me that would be great.

Rikki

Cento16v Jan 6th, 2020 18:33

Are these still available? How much for a S60 2.0T Exhaust, running BSR stage 3 so would like a bit more breathing room before I fit my bigger turbo and map again!