Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trigger the 940lpt (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288277)

griston64 Nov 5th, 2018 20:53

Trigger the 940lpt

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of Trigger.My new ( to me ) Volvo 940lpt

This is her at her previous owners getting transported from North Ayrshire up to Glasgow.

She has approx 124500 miles on the clock and has been owned by two forum members for the last ten years and one of the forum members mother for seven years before that

I'm getting the MOT sorted first and will then work my way through any other stuff that needs doing

Watch this space !!

PS The name Trigger was given to to the car by the previous owner so I thought it best to keep the name goingAttachment 116590

Attachment 116591

Attachment 116592

Attachment 116593

jonnyf90 Nov 5th, 2018 23:21

Best colour (Regency Red Metallic - paint code 418 ;)).
Being an LPT - fit an MBC and boost gauge - up it to 11psi, lose those 15" Adharas, clear indicators all round and egg crate grill!

Cheers :)

griston64 Nov 6th, 2018 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyf90 (Post 2464196)
Being an LPT - fit an MBC and boost gauge - up it to 11psi, lose those 15" Adharas, clear indicators all round and egg crate grill!

That may well come ! Once shes all sorted and roadworthy

Let me know when your free to fit the MBC and supply the Galaxies :regular_smile::regular_smile:

griston64 Nov 6th, 2018 18:17

Waiting for medical !!

2 Attachment(s)
Trigger has now safely arrived in Glasgow and is waiting to go in for her medical !!

Getting new front discs and pads fitted and will need two tyres to start with. After that we will have to wait and see.

Attachment 116605

Attachment 116606

Had a few comments on her already !! ( all good ! )

ton377 Nov 6th, 2018 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyf90 (Post 2464196)

She used to have all those have a look at my avatar 😁

griston64 Nov 7th, 2018 18:35

Triggers prognosis !

Trigger has had her MOT today and considering she's been stored for about 5 years ( i think ) Its not too bad at all

Front discs are shot ( I had already bought new ones with discount from ECP )and rear brakes are very sticky. I'm hoping once they get them apart they should free up. Will possibly need new rear pads and handbrake shoes. Also needs a new handbrake cable and that's it:regular_smile:

Garage said she is starting perfectly and running fine. They were pretty impressed to be honest!

Hopefully she will be on the road by the weekend and i can then start all the little jobs that need doing. Oil and fluids all replaced, fresh coolant, new timing belt and a really good wash and polish:regular_smile::regular_smile:

Thanks to the two previous owners for looking after her so well:regular_smile:

ton377 Nov 7th, 2018 21:03

That's great news Mark! Hopefully I'll see her out and about sometime.
All the best.

griston64 Nov 7th, 2018 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ton377 (Post 2464760)
That's great news Mark! Hopefully I'll see her out and about sometime.
All the best.

Hopefully I'll get her along to one of the meets in the near future. You might even see her out and about on the M80 as well:regular_smile:

N59ESR Nov 8th, 2018 12:55

Well done......

Good news indeed, Mark. Good to see that she's not far off from going back on the road. I did fear that the fail list might be a bit longer, particularly the ABS warning light, front wipers and when i moved her from the garage i thought there was a bit of a blow from the exhaust somewhere, but great that you've been able to sort these out, and looks like it's really just the brakes. Looking forward to your further updates!
Cheers.

griston64 Nov 8th, 2018 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by N59ESR (Post 2464927)
Good news indeed, Mark. Good to see that she's not far off from going back on the road. I did fear that the fail list might be a bit longer, particularly the ABS warning light, front wipers and when i moved her from the garage i thought there was a bit of a blow from the exhaust somewhere, but great that you've been able to sort these out, and looks like it's really just the brakes. Looking forward to your further updates!
Cheers.

Hi Stuart

Never mentioned the ABS light but that could be on as the brakes are jammed.

I was at garage last night when they started her to move inside and she sounded fine

All stuff getting fixed today so I will do an update as soon as I know more