Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

colnet Jul 4th, 2020 15:19

Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.

RS3100 Jul 4th, 2020 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by colnet (Post 2644587)
Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Can't disagree, but I can't say that other couriers are always any better, at least in this country where a couldn't care less attitude seems to be endemic. I exclude our local DHL driver from that comment, but Hermes are absolutely hopeless.

Last week I had a parcel despatched from Germany. From the sender notifying DPD of a collection, to the parcel arriving at the UK gateway, took less than 12 hours. It took another three days for DPD UK to deliver it and update their tracking system to tell me that I had received it. Unfortunately I hadn't received it, and two days later whilst they were still telling me that their systems confirmed that I had accepted it, a very nice gentleman from a village several miles away turned up to hand over my parcel which had been delivered to him. At least he had the same house number.

Had a previous experience with DPD where the driver had just dumped the parcel on a random doorstep in a street a couple of hundred yards away from its destination, presumably because he was following his satnav which had directed him to the other side of a playing field to the address in question, and he couldn't be bothered to drive round to the right side.

Derek UK Jul 5th, 2020 13:47

I believe they are also using DHL and Interlink.

Bashy Jul 6th, 2020 12:17

Royal mail and it didn't get sent out til Friday (ordered Tuesday), that's bad, I could have had it at the latest Friday off of ebay, I won't be using them again.....

Bashy Jul 7th, 2020 12:23

Really peeved now, postie has been and gone, no way should it take over a week for 1st class, need the blooming car for food shopping and to go get my prescription and now the dogs food is getting low,not the service I would expect from volvo, when I had to order the o-ring for the gearbox plug, I did that at the dealer near King's Lynn, that came in a couple of days, that's how its done......

TruckbusUK Jul 7th, 2020 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashy (Post 2645370)
Really peeved now, postie has been and gone, no way should it take over a week for 1st class, need the blooming car for food shopping and to go get my prescription and now the dogs food is getting low,not the service I would expect from volvo, when I had to order the o-ring for the gearbox plug, I did that at the dealer near King's Lynn, that came in a couple of days, that's how its done......

I understand your frustration but if the goods were posted on Friday ... why is it FRF's fault the Post Office has not yet delivered, I would have thought out of their hand once in the care of the post office?

Bashy Jul 7th, 2020 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckbusUK (Post 2645375)
I understand your frustration but if the goods were posted on Friday ... why is it FRF's fault the Post Office has not yet delivered, I would have thought out of their hand once in the care of the post office?

My main issue is that it wasnt shipped til Friday, i ordered Tuesday morning!

I spoke to them this morning and theyve offered to either refund of send another one, i said wait til tomorrow and see if it comes then, so they are being good in that respect, its just the late shipping, i feel had it gone out wednesday or thursday then it would be here now for sure

Bashy Jul 13th, 2020 03:19

Last update, give FRF their due, the part came via DPD on a next day delivery at FRF cost, however the original part that was "sent on that Friday" still hasn't materialized 2.4 weeks now, so i feel i deffo had cause for concern.

Bashy Jul 17th, 2020 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashy (Post 2646878)
Last update, give FRF their due, the part came via DPD on a next day delivery at FRF cost, however the original part that was "sent on that Friday" still hasn't materialized 2.4 weeks now, so i feel i deffo had cause for concern.

Updated: Its now been over 3 weeks and the original shipment has not arrived, had many more parcels ordered since and arrived on time with the posite, Deffo missing or sommat else...

markas Sep 6th, 2020 20:19

Phone or email?

Hi all,
I have used frf in the past and had no issues. I have tired a couple of times the 99 ending phone number and no Luck getting through I used to email directly before.

How is everyone getting sorted these days email or telephone and who is dealing with our parts request.
Thanks,
Mark