Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Waiting patiently for my new XC90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271214)

Samrainbow Aug 4th, 2017 15:31

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered my first XC90 a few weeks ago (over the Jag F Pace, Disco and Massa Levante) and have today been given a date of the 2nd week of September. How realistic is this, does it generally change and get delayed or is it pretty accurate? I'm just impatient already....... 😊

newboldi Aug 4th, 2017 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2305100)
Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered my first XC90 a few weeks ago (over the Jag F Pace, Disco and Massa Levante) and have today been given a date of the 2nd week of September. How realistic is this, does it generally change and get delayed or is it pretty accurate? I'm just impatient already....... 😊

I'm feeling like that too a bit... am told it's being built 'now' and will be here for beginning of Sept, but why am I nervous. The Beamer goes at the end of August so worried ill be without a car...a little! Good luck...

Parvez78 Aug 4th, 2017 16:15

Quote:

Hi
First post from me 😊

I Ordered this week, funnily enough i was also looking at the Jag F Pace, what made you go for the XC90 in the end?
Which spec did you go for?

andyfromembsay Aug 4th, 2017 16:49

Quote:

Hi
First post from me 😊

From reading lots of posts on here if the date moves at all it tends to be earlier, though now they're not putting delivery status on My Volvo (which was v pessimistic) I think dealer dates tend to be reasonably accurate.

I think the factory is on shutdown at the moment til mid-August - presumably if there's any disruption it'll be when they come back to work.

Mine's due to the dealer on 12/9 - hoping to pick up later that week, maybe six weeks today...

Fortune7 Aug 4th, 2017 17:10

Quote:

Hi
First post from me 😊

I ordered back at Easter (late April), was told September then it came forward fairly quickly to June (!) but I am guessing they had some spare capacity then. My dealer kept me updated by providing copies of Volvo's 'Vista' records; a 2-page printout which had all the relevant dates and, importantly, the exact build specification / options, etc. Like others, I found omissions in early versions but was able to get these corrected before the cut-off build date.

So, if you can, ask your dealer for the latest Vista record for your car. Not sure how this works if you are leasing....

Cheers, Andy

philsuarez Aug 4th, 2017 17:49

Waiting

I did mine via lease last week and was told 16 weeks!

Samrainbow Aug 4th, 2017 19:35

Thank you for all the replies!
I've ordered a momentum pro with the xenium pack (which I was a bit cross you had to order the blind spot pack at £500 in addition - why not include it?), family pack, smartphone integration and (yes yes I know it's stupid) the Bowers & Wilkins stereo upgrade. It's osmium grey, 6 spoke wheels and the D5 AWD engine (although I may add the polestar later - I'm used to a Mini Cooper s).

I actually went in to drive the xc60 after hubby had one as a company car a while ago, but fell for the 90's looks and sheer size! I looked at the F pace (thought it was very dull and "basic" looking for such a premium car), disco (lovely lovely car but worried about reliability, and no space left once the 3rd row of seats were up. Also, no intergrated child booster seat, meaning we had to take a car seat out each time someone wanted to use the boot seats) and the Levante (omg such a gorgeous gorgeous car but such a lot of money for not quite big enough car).

I'm planning to drive through Europe with the kids, and also have days out with the parents, and the xc90 just ticked all the boxes. Although I am beginning to have kittens about the sheer size of it!

nu11eaf Aug 4th, 2017 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2305168)
Thank you for all the replies!
I've ordered a momentum pro with the xenium pack (which I was a bit cross you had to order the blind spot pack at £500 in addition - why not include it?), family pack, smartphone integration and (yes yes I know it's stupid) the Bowers & Wilkins stereo upgrade. It's osmium grey, 6 spoke wheels and the D5 AWD engine (although I may add the polestar later - I'm used to a Mini Cooper s).

I actually went in to drive the xc60 after hubby had one as a company car a while ago, but fell for the 90's looks and sheer size! I looked at the F pace (thought it was very dull and "basic" looking for such a premium car), disco (lovely lovely car but worried about reliability, and no space left once the 3rd row of seats were up. Also, no intergrated child booster seat, meaning we had to take a car seat out each time someone wanted to use the boot seats) and the Levante (omg such a gorgeous gorgeous car but such a lot of money for not quite big enough car).

I'm planning to drive through Europe with the kids, and also have days out with the parents, and the xc90 just ticked all the boxes. Although I am beginning to have kittens about the sheer size of it!

XC90 in dynamic mode v Mini Cooper S: You will be most surprised at XC90 pace, for a 2ltr 4 pot oil burner weighing the same as a house it can shift and unless you had the works special cooper S the XC90 will match it. and when you drive the XC90 it does not feel like a big car it is more carlike than SUV to drive.

neon Aug 4th, 2017 21:38

As mentioned in most cases the date comes forward, do not think I have seen anyone get one late on here.

The car is big but drives small and the 360 camera really helps a lot.

The standard sound system is very good.

ulstrup Aug 5th, 2017 00:25

My T8, ordered in june is due to arrive in december......