Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Auto dim display question (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=272606)

Phil Croxley Sep 11th, 2017 13:46

Auto dim display question

I think I may have asked this before but I'm not sure. When it gets darker my centre console display dims, but so does the sat nav which makes it hard to read. Is it possible to disable this does anyone know?

apersson850 Sep 11th, 2017 14:08

No, but you can adjust the light level manually. You may then have to turn it down again as it gets darker.

Waynedance Sep 11th, 2017 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by apersson850 (Post 2317299)
No, but you can adjust the light level manually. You may then have to turn it down again as it gets darker.

And how do you do that?

Simon Jones Sep 11th, 2017 21:28

There is a control wheel next to the light switch which adjusts all the instrumentation illumination inc the RTI screen.

Phil Croxley Sep 12th, 2017 12:18

OK, thanks for the replies. I must admit that in the two years I've owned it I've never really noticed that wheel! I was hoping it could be disabled but if not no problem.

Simon Jones Sep 12th, 2017 13:39

On mine at least, the control only gives two levels of brightness for the RTI screen while the lights on the dashboard have a more gradual progression.

Phil Croxley Sep 12th, 2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Jones (Post 2317647)
On mine at least, the control only gives two levels of brightness for the RTI screen while the lights on the dashboard have a more gradual progression.

I'm going away soon with a lot of night time driving so I'll fiddle with the little wheel and see if it helps.

Tatsfield Sep 13th, 2017 10:03

Can I politely ask posters to put up a signature under their postings showing what car they run? The phrase "on mine" makes no sense at all if you don't know about what car they are talking. Not meaning to be confrontational but some of the best and most experienced contributors on this site neglect this simple courtesy and negate at lot of the advice they post. :rose:

volvocat Sep 13th, 2017 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2317861)
Can I politely ask posters to put up a signature under their postings showing what car they run? The phrase "on mine" makes no sense at all if you don't know about what car they are talking. Not meaning to be confrontational but some of the best and most experienced contributors on this site neglect this simple courtesy and negate at lot of the advice they post. :rose:

Hear, hear!
Also helpful to those just reading for info - which is all of us at one time or another...

GrantA Sep 13th, 2017 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2317861)

Totally agree it is so frustrating when someone asks if "we" can help diagnose what their problem is when we haven't a clue what car they have.