Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts Wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   V60 front screen wipers (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338123)

Spasibo Feb 14th, 2024 22:09

V60 front screen wipers

Will appreciate someone pointing where to purchase reasonably priced.
TIA

Clan Feb 14th, 2024 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasibo (Post 2936035)
Will appreciate someone pointing where to purchase reasonably priced.
TIA

your volvo dealer is the only place you will get good quality blades , you will probably have to change cheaper ones 2 or 3 times as often. That's in my 47 years of volvo experience anyway...

olliecampbell Feb 15th, 2024 15:55

I'm not sure what brand Volvo supply, but I've been happy with Bosch wipers from Auto Bulbs Direct....

Clan Feb 15th, 2024 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliecampbell (Post 2936125)
I'm not sure what brand Volvo supply, but I've been happy with Bosch wipers from Auto Bulbs Direct....

can you get 3 winters out of them ?

Kev0607 Feb 16th, 2024 12:45

I've used Bosch blades, they work fine.

I've had Volvo blades and I wasn't impressed with them at all. They only lasted 18 months before they started smearing the windscreen. I always de-ice the windscreen, so it wasn't a case of turning them on over an iced windscreen (which rips them). I always cleaned the wiper rubbers by hand too, which gets dirt/grime off them. They just weren't good quality and rock hard. I won't be buying Volvo wipers again.

olliecampbell Feb 16th, 2024 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2936199)
can you get 3 winters out of them ?

I use them acros my fleet....
My 5-series had them replaced in 2021 and has done 48k miles with them since. My partners Skoda lasted 3 years and 32k miles with them...

Kev0607 Feb 16th, 2024 20:53

Volvo don't make the wiper blades anyway. They'll likely be made by Bosch or Valeo, but Volvo put them in Volvo packaging and sell them at twice the price as a "genuine" part.

Clan Feb 16th, 2024 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2936404)
Volvo don't make the wiper blades anyway. They'll likely be made by Bosch or Valeo, but Volvo put them in Volvo packaging and sell them at twice the price as a "genuine" part.

Nope volvo tell the manufacturer the specification they want the don't just buy what they are given. The average life of Volvo wiper blades are about 3 years.

you buy Bosch in Halfords and you are lucky if you get one year out of them...
Bosch make several grades of quality for different manufactures needs.

Kev0607 Feb 17th, 2024 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2936422)
Nope volvo tell the manufacturer the specification they want the don't just buy what they are given. The average life of Volvo wiper blades are about 3 years.

you buy Bosch in Halfords and you are lucky if you get one year out of them...
Bosch make several grades of quality for different manufactures needs.

Sorry, but the Volvo wipers didn't last 3 years. They lasted half that before they started smearing the screen... that was looking after them too like giving them a wipe so there was no dirt underneath them, never turning them on if the screen was iced up etc...

I bought the Bosch wipers from a local parts store (not Halfords) and they've outlasted the Volvo ones already.

Clan Feb 17th, 2024 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2936477)
Sorry, but the Volvo wipers didn't last 3 years. They lasted half that before they started smearing the screen... that was looking after them too like giving them a wipe so there was no dirt underneath them, never turning them on if the screen was iced up etc...

I bought the Bosch wipers from a local parts store (not Halfords) and they've outlasted the Volvo ones already.

I'm just going by my 47 years experience changing volvo wiper blades amongst other things 👍