Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Sat nav lane indicator (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286626)

AdamC86 Sep 20th, 2018 08:58

Sat nav lane indicator

In my MY19 XC60, whenever I'm approaching a roundabout and the lane indication symbol comes up, it ALWAYS tells me to get in the left-most lane. Even if there are three lanes and five exits, and I want the fifth, it'll tell me to go in the left-most lane.

Is this a known bug, or something I can get my dealer to sort out? If it's widely known, it's bloody dangerous because there are too many people out there who follow these sorts of things blindly.

Clan Sep 20th, 2018 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamC86 (Post 2449409)
In my MY19 XC60, whenever I'm approaching a roundabout and the lane indication symbol comes up, it ALWAYS tells me to get in the left-most lane. Even if there are three lanes and five exits, and I want the fifth, it'll tell me to go in the left-most lane.

Is this a known bug, or something I can get my dealer to sort out? If it's widely known, it's bloody dangerous because there are too many people out there who follow these sorts of things blindly.

the highway code said treat a roundabout as a one way street so the navigation is correct, however with the amount of uneducated drivers around these days you just know you will get into trouble , just drive according to the road signs which are before any roundabout ..

macklij Sep 20th, 2018 20:31

Quote:

My old Garmin can manage that, so this is a bit disappointing to hear. Thanks for the info!

AdamC86 Sep 20th, 2018 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2449423)
the highway code said treat a roundabout as a one way street so the navigation is correct, however with the amount of uneducated drivers around these days you just know you will get into trouble , just drive according to the road signs which are before any roundabout ..

You actually think the left-hand lane is the appropriate lane regardless?

Wow.

Clan Sep 20th, 2018 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamC86 (Post 2449685)
You actually think the left-hand lane is the appropriate lane regardless?

Wow.

Not these days that's why I said :

"however with the amount of uneducated drivers around these days you just know you will get into trouble , just drive according to the road signs which are before any roundabout .."

Fursty Ferret Sep 21st, 2018 09:53

My new V60 does this. It's actually quite annoying - I suspect it's actually a bug since the arrows would be correct if driving on the right hand side of the road.

Haven't installed the newest maps yet, will see if that fixes it.

ukden Sep 21st, 2018 10:09

Quote:

My MY2018 XC60 does not do that. However, when driving on a motorway it tells me to "move to the right in one mile" one mile before every exit slip road.

This is clearly rubbish, as all I have to do is stay in the lane I am already in (usually the left) and carry on.

I have programmed myself to ignore it except when very occasionally the left hand lane becomes an exit lane, the overhead motorway signs always make this clear.