Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   240GLT saloon in black for sale. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277680)

240GLT1989saloon Jan 29th, 2018 17:13

240GLT saloon in black for sale.

12 Attachment(s)
Hello all.

I joined this forum when I bought my Volvo, around eight years ago. I've bought a few bits n bobs from people over the years and enjoyed all the advice for various problems it had.

It has now come time for us to part ways. It failed it's MOT and is gonna cost more than I am prepared to pay to keep it going.

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it could be saved and restored. I don't have the time, space, or money to do it unfortunately. Also, I've hardly used it since I moved back into the city.

It's at just below 161000 miles as can be seen from the photo. The engine runs sweet, I changed the oil roughly every 5000 miles, and I always used Volvo oil filters from the dealership.

It got £800 quid worth of new BrookHouse supplied suspension fitted in summer '16 and has done 2500 miles since.

The spare wheel has a tire that has never been used.

Black GLT interior in good condition, drivers seat is a bit sad with the side coming apart a wee bit, all door cards are intact. Heated seats still heat.

The sunroof works and doesn't leak.

I kept receipts for everything I spent on it and these are all in the folder seen in the photo, along with all the past MOTs, etc.

I have tried to take photos of everything important, I can't get under it to take photos there. If you want to see a photo of something please ask and I'll try and get it for you.

Anybody fancy a project or want to break it?

The practical classics price guide reckons £480 for a rough but working one. Since it has practically brand new suspension components and is a black GLT I think I'm justified in asking £650 for it.

Any questions please ask on here, I'll keep checking it regularly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Thomas.

speedyG50 Jan 30th, 2018 22:24

Suggest you put it onto some of the FB groups ... someone will take it.

Volvo 240, 740 and 940 owners club
Volvo 240, fan club
or

http://forum.retro-rides.org/board/58/cars-sale

240GLT1989saloon Jan 31st, 2018 11:01

Thank you for the idea but I'm not on Facebook, I'll give the retro rides one a look though.

I figured I'd let the enthusiasts have first look at it so I'll leave it here for a week and if no luck I'll stick it on eBay.

Cheers again.

Also forgot in original post, the car is in Partick/Broomhill area of Glasgow, and I'm open to offers.

Thomas.

Triple-S Jan 31st, 2018 11:15

A great pity we are at opposite ends of the country, as I'd have been to look at your car like a shot otherwise. Now the clutch has gone on my 240 and its currently parked off-road, it could be more economic to restore yours - and I REALLY like black cars!
However, haulage costs to get it down near the south coast would probably be phenominal, so I shouldn't even consider it! My main fear would be attacking the corrosion, as I can't do my own welding - but I know a man who can!

P

240GLT1989saloon Feb 1st, 2018 14:36

5 Attachment(s)
Somebody was asking me what it's like underneath so here are some photos.

T.

volvo always Feb 1st, 2018 23:17

What are the front outriggers/ jacking point areas like, also passenger side door sill hinge corner? Mine both rusty here. I have had outriggers welded twice on passenger side of my 1989 GLT estate.

Most of it looks good, somebody who is mechanically handy it's a good project!

James:thumbs_up:

240GLT1989saloon Feb 2nd, 2018 14:39

Hi again.

The car failed it's mot last Friday so it now has 7 days until I have to get it off the road. Seeing as I work 7am - 6pm mon-fri, this weekend will be my last chance to do anything with it during the day.

Does anybody want to come have a look this weekend?

Any offers considered.

Cheers again.

DOUGIE68 Feb 4th, 2018 09:27

I'm in fife and ill have a look asap can you call me 07803922945 I can come today. I have a trailer so can take away.

240GLT1989saloon Feb 5th, 2018 12:30

SOLD.

Cheers.

DOUGIE68 Feb 5th, 2018 18:44

To me..