Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

Rufe Jul 21st, 2011 11:00

Appology, LinkedIn invites

This morning, after a number of requests I have received from various members of this and other forums where I have been asked to join up to LinkedIn a social network site, I decided to create an account.

After some initial research about the site I found that it may have some benefits to me to sign up. Also, as I have had FRF on Facebook for a while too, I thought it would be an idea to follow up and see what LinkedIn was all about so I decided to go ahead and sign up.

As part of the signing up process it asked to search my contact list to see those who used LinkedIn and those people were then sent invites to become linked to myself. As you can imagine my FRF Gmail contact list really is very large so it found a lot of people from here who were already using LinkedIn and it sent out requests. However, due to human error (mine entirely) it then sent out invites to everyone who has used our email address over the years too, this is something I did not intend to do but somehow left it selected to all and sent. I straight away realised what had happened, but I could not go back and undo, it had been done.

I really can only apologise to anyone who received one of these invites to join LinkedIn, it is entirley my fault, and simply ignore the request. Nothing bad will come of it, it is just like a Facebook request so simply ignore it, and forget about it, and please accept my sincere apologies for this error. You may get one follow up request in a few weeks from LinkedIn, (as I have had in the past when I have ignored the LinkedIn invites) but again simply ignore it and delete.

Thank you for reading, again my sincere apologies for anyone who received one and did not know why.

Simon

Rudeboy Jul 23rd, 2011 16:17

Hi Simon ,I have a 54 reg s80 and I need one of your alarm siren kits could not pm you as of my low post count could you get back to me pls asap ,regards,Nick Bristol.

Rufe Jul 25th, 2011 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboy (Post 952344)
Hi Simon ,I have a 54 reg s80 and I need one of your alarm siren kits could not pm you as of my low post count could you get back to me pls asap ,regards,Nick Bristol.

Hello Nick,

Its not a problem but remember you can always simply call us on either of our 2 direct parts department telephone lines, there is now no need to PM me for a quote first.

The alarm siren kits are currently £91.40 including vat (the Volvo retail price for this is £111.46), plus £5.99 for 1st Class Recorded delivery.

If you would like to order this kit please call us on either 01792 790066 or 01792 784272, please quote discount code C3 when calling to get the alarm at this discounted price!

Simon :)

Rudeboy Jul 25th, 2011 13:53

Thanks Simon all ordered today

Chesh740R Jul 25th, 2011 14:20

Hi Simon

Are your phones working there????

I've tried calling to place an order about a dozen times this morning using either number listed, once the line has been engaged all other times it just rings out. Maybe i'm just unlucky with my calling times.

I'll try again this afternoon when i get back in from town.

Bill_56 Jul 26th, 2011 01:10

I wanted some mud flaps (no challenge there) and also some slightly more obscure sound insulation foam which was harder to describe and identify. But FRF were very helpful and the the parts were duly ordered.

Despite the fact the foam had to be shipped from Sweden, I received the whole bundle from Swansea just 4 days after the phone call.

The phones were engaged first time I called last week, but after a coffee and ten minutes later I got through fine, and also got through at the first attempt with follow-up call to confirm the order.

Very satisfied. :)

Rufe Jul 26th, 2011 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesh740R (Post 953297)
Hi Simon

Are your phones working there????

I've tried calling to place an order about a dozen times this morning using either number listed, once the line has been engaged all other times it just rings out. Maybe i'm just unlucky with my calling times.

I'll try again this afternoon when i get back in from town.

I am very sorry about that, but as a matter of fact the 01792 790066 number has been having intermittent issues since Friday. Yesterday the line was out of use for most of the day, and BT were working on it.

Our other direct line number 01792 784272 was of course then put under extra demand so that number was busy for twice as long as it would have been basically. The both lines seem to be working fine today! (these things are sent to try us)

Thank you for your patience!

Darth Vol Jul 27th, 2011 13:04

1996 AWD 850 Drive bearing price

Hi Simon

I was in touch with one of your colleagues on Monday about pricing a Drive bearing for the AWD I have. Seemingly it's on the way out and is located on the front RHS Drive shaft.

Also, price for the pipes for the Heater matrix to engine block and those pipes which attach to the turbo unit (air vaccum ones).

I didn't have access to the VIN at the time of the call so here it is:

Chassis number: YV1-LW-56-63-T2-300-98

Could you also let me know what alternative turbo unit I could use in place of the damaged one in the car with following numbers:

TD04HL-13G
Serial# 6070802
MFD 49189-01360
Part # 1275089

Was wondering if a 16T would be feasible for this car?

Thanks in advance

Bren (Sligo - Ireland)

beaconsman Jul 27th, 2011 19:40

v70 phase 1 (99) tdi

Hi simon, any chance of a price please for o/s/r caliper..? (and front pads)..ta.IAn

Rufe Aug 1st, 2011 11:03

Hello,

Please do not post any enquiries for parts prices in this thread, please call our parts department on either of our direct line telephone numbers: 01792 790066 or 01792 784272

Many thanks! Simon :)

Old Bean Aug 4th, 2011 15:18

New customer appreciates excellent service

Simon

I can only reiterate what has already been said many times. You and your colleagues gave me an excellent, friendly and helpful service Your prices are very reasonable too.

Many thanks indeed.

Doug

Milky400 Aug 5th, 2011 14:52

Another satisfied customer, friendly guys and very competative prices. Keeo it up guys

Cheers Mark

Alpha206 Aug 5th, 2011 18:59

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the speedy response! Hinge arrived safely (even made it through the company mail system.

ATB
Graeme

Rufe Aug 13th, 2011 12:40

Just a quick note, I am now away for the next two weeks as I am getting married tomorrow to my partner of 8 years Lottie.

If anyone has any problems, or wants to contact us at all for any reason, please simply call us on the number in my signature below.

I will see you all on my return, wish me luck! :D :thumbs_up:

johnjb Aug 18th, 2011 19:28

S40 Front Brake Pads

Gentlemen

Thanks for you prompt servic, parts dispatched within 1 day.

John

treehorndogsbody Aug 18th, 2011 21:59

Bravo

Thank you all at FRF Volvo parts for the speedy supply of parts for my Volvo 960 LWB. My garage phoned you direct about the replacement refrigerant pipes and were most impressesd by your knowledge and speed of action. The parts I ordered myself arrived equally quickly and were fitted at once.

y2blade Aug 18th, 2011 22:06

A Massive thank you to Simon and guys for helping me out recently :thumbs_up:

A very swift and reliable Delivery service too :car:

RUTV70 Aug 21st, 2011 18:08

...and can I just wish you and Lottie a long and happy life together.!

Neil

cumbrianmale Aug 23rd, 2011 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUTV70 (Post 969956)

Neil

2nd that ^^^^

Darth Vol Sep 5th, 2011 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cumbrianmale (Post 971440)
2nd that ^^^^

^^^^i 3rd it

Simon, thanks for the drive bearing and turbo seals for the AWD.

Arrived in the post this morning. Very much obliged and again, a pleasure to deal with you.

Bren (Sligo)

Rufe Sep 5th, 2011 12:33

I would like to make a quick message to someone whom I have no idea who they are or whether they will see this post:

Who ever it was, you phoned here this morning (around 11:25am Monday 5th September) while I had nipped out to make a coffee and you then spoke to my colleague. You were asking about wheel caps and my colleague had his wires crossed. It is a set of 4 for around £20, but as you had given the part number to him he thought these were the large centre caps for some of the alloy wheels which are around £20 each and hadn't realised it was the kit of 4 'new style' centre caps you wanted. If you call back he now knows exactly what you meant! I am very sorry about that, and of course we have no way to get in touch with you now as he never had any of your details.

Thank you to everyone for your continued comments in this thread, we always read them and all comments really are very much appreciated.

Biotoxic Sep 22nd, 2011 20:25

I received 2 parcels just this morning (10 bolts, head gasket, thermostat + filters) everything I have ordered is there, many thanks.

stephend Sep 22nd, 2011 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUTV70 (Post 969956)

Neil

^^^^ 4th that! :)

Rufe Sep 26th, 2011 13:24

I would just like to say a quick thank you very much to everyone for your feedback (and best wishes to myself and Lottie on our recent wedding). We always read the comments left here and its great to see so many repeat customers returning to us time after time.

The phoning us rather than using the webform change we brought in back in May this year has proven a success so far.

It means now everyone in our parts team are able to assist with your enquiry immediately and as and when they come in, rather than just me replying to everyone in order they arrive, which in all honesty really was building to an impossible level. This has taken that 'stress' from me, and shared it out between us all here, but has resulted in more people getting their quotes immediately. We still offer a no obligation quote, with a reference number being offered so that you can call us back if you decide to order at a later date.

Please call us for any parts quotes on either of our direct telephone numbers: 01792 790066 or 01792 784242 (Remember to Quote 'C3' when calling, so we know that you are entitled to our best discounts!)

Our mail order genuine parts sales have now been going strong here for many years, and I can only thank everyone for all of your continued support!

All the very best,

Simon, and all of the FRF Parts Team in Swansea :)

Rufe Sep 26th, 2011 18:29

One final quick point. Freeing myself up from answering so many emails does now mean I have more time to spend here on the forums, so once again I am now going to try to be on here offering help and advice where I am able to, just like I used to do much more than recently.

I will now be able to watch the forums replying in threads where I see that I am able too, hopefully I can be of some help!

Steve Matthews Sep 27th, 2011 10:53

Recently purchased a full set of brake discs, pads, handbrake shoes and fitting springs etc. for my 2002 Volvo V70. As always, great service and great prices. Many thanks to Simon and the team at FRF Motors'

mike norman Sep 30th, 2011 20:56

good service

I have recently used FRF for non service parts great service with discount great dealer and worth using.:thumbs_up:

treehorndogsbody Sep 30th, 2011 23:15

First class service

Thank you to all at FRF parts department, for sorting out the correct exhauste parts I needed for my 960 Royal,getting them from Sweden and trying them together to make sure they were 6" longer than the standard 960 system. A good price too. Thanks Guys!

reynolds_p1 Oct 3rd, 2011 16:56

Many thanks to Simon and all the chaps at FRF. Just had a PCV kit and Turbo return oil seal kit off you (both now fitted and done the intended job with minimum swearing!!).

Superb efficient, helpful and knowledgable service, not to mention quick delivery.

Nice to know there are some friendly and reliable places still out there that really do know what they're on about!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Adam

wolfie308 Oct 6th, 2011 13:53

Another thank you and recommendation for Simon and co. Order arrived today as promised. Excellent service.

milo40 Oct 7th, 2011 15:04

just ordered centre piece for volvo v40 sport front spoiler couldnt get one anywhere until i called frf, very helpful and NOT expensive as i had expected! My advice go there first!:thumbs_up:

gatos Oct 7th, 2011 17:00

Top class service and efficiency. Many thanks Simon and the rest of the parts team

244T Oct 13th, 2011 18:01

Thanks

Just been on the blower to Simon ordering a new drivers door check strap, it was almost five and he was in no rush, nothing was too much trouble, quicker than me going to my local dealer in Preston and he knew what he was talking about!!
Thanks again Simon

Bungleaio Oct 18th, 2011 20:55

I ordered a new cabin filter and rad clip last week and they arrived quickly and a lot cheaper than ebay too!

Top service I think I'll be making a few more orders during my ownership.

Darth Vol Oct 19th, 2011 15:01

@ Rufe

Simon

Are the lines working today? Trying to call but getting either "number not in use" or no ring tone on the other one.

Cheers

Bren

(Sligo).

andy_d Oct 19th, 2011 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95RN850VOLVO (Post 1007357)
Simon

Are the lines working today? Trying to call but getting either "number not in use" or no ring tone on the other one.

Cheers

Bren

(Sligo).

just checked both for you bren, 1 engaged, 1 rings normally @ 14.22 .

Rufe Oct 19th, 2011 15:58

Both phone lines are working fine, no known issues.

I have just spoken to Bren who explained to me there was an issue of an error message when he called one number but it appears to be a fault that no one else has had, so hopefully it was a one off?

Both phones really have been very busy all day though, lines may be busy I am afraid, but we always do our very best to get through as many calls as possible.

JamesV70R Oct 26th, 2011 11:42

Another speedy order from FRF received today! Thanks guys!!

Spirit Man Oct 27th, 2011 20:38

Thanks again

As title says a big thanks to the team for wipers and torque link-bar delivered promptly and at an unbeatable price. Don't waste your time trying to find better service or prices just go straight to FRF.

cheers!!!

murphwiz Oct 27th, 2011 22:21

Very impressed with service and price, ordered 2 non stock items on Monday, they arrived lunchtime Wednesday!
Chap I dealt with was very friendly and efficient and had some helpful advice.
Frf now have my custom for all my volvo bits!