Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

lou Oct 20th, 2009 18:18

parts.

im new to all of this, but would like to thank simon and the team for the advise re parts , and for getting them sent out to me nxt day, keep up the good work you guys.andy and louise.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Rufe Oct 21st, 2009 09:19

Thank you once again to everyone for your messages and feedback, we read them all and its good to hear the replies from the people who have used us.

I would like to say that if anyone gets any problem getting through to us on our number when trying to place an order please send me a message here with your name and number and someone will call you back as soon as they are available. Currently we have a couple of people off work, so its been extremely busy here.

Don't forget though, if you simply require a price on any parts please send me a message here or to my email address below in order to get the best possible prices as I handle all our online work. I get back to everyone as quickly as possible, as I am online at all times during office hours.

And most importantly, thank you to everyone who has used us, it really is appreciated, and lets hope it can continue as successfully as it has done so far.

Simon :)

Rufe Oct 21st, 2009 09:21

Oh yeah one final thing, Royal Mail strikes....

We do not really know how much this is going to affect our delivery to you, we obviously only know the same as everyone else. Most items do go out with DHL which will not be affected, we are trying to get out all orders with DHL where possible, but this will cost more than the Royal Mail, which we use predominantly for smaller orders. We will give you the option of both when pricing delivery, where applicable.

Hopefully this wont cause to much of a problem, but we simply dont know just yet of how bad its going to be.

Simon

white90 Nov 2nd, 2009 20:43

Fantastic service and help from Simon and the team.

Hallmarker Nov 2nd, 2009 22:14

Can I just add my grateful thanks to Simon and the team for the excellent customer service - great discount and quick delivery. In a box of service parts some small but welcome items like a new oil filler cap Gasket and replacement Clips for the 850 roof gutter trim have made so much difference!

Thanks again.

tykey Nov 3rd, 2009 13:23

A couple of years ago, I went to a Toyota dealer for a spare set of contacts for a starter. He said "that's the bit you want". It didn't look like it on his drawing and I asked what would be the case if it was the wrong bit. The answer was that was the bit on the drawing, and if I paid in advance, it would be there in 3 days!! , then slipped in that it was non-returnable, so it was at MY risk!!

I've used Rufe a couple of times, got free advice on some extra bits I'd forgotten about, and they were here next post. I don't think he was trained by Toyota!!

Excellent

strbryan Nov 3rd, 2009 19:08

Many thanks Simon and FRF

I would like to thank Simon and the FRF team for once again helping me identify and ordering parts for my 850

The parts where ordered on Friday and arrived this morning

Many thanks Guys

Dog_Book Nov 3rd, 2009 22:16

Yet again frf bale me out by delivering the corrct parts on time for me to fit them so my car passes its MOT today :P

ZacAttack Nov 5th, 2009 22:51

:thumbs_up:

Here goes,

Simon your an absolute star!!!
I've mucked you around a bit this week with a quote for the T4 bush when it failed the MOT, my mechanic mate bought one from GSF because he wanted to do the job the same day....it was only a cheap £18 one in the end.

This is the bit that I'm really chuffed with though, the T4 also failed the MOT with a faulty headlight, the side ways adjuster had become weak with age and broke. I tried all the breakers around and no one had a replacement so I got my wife to ring Simon while I was at work and get a new one...the price would have been £130!!! but Simon informed her that Volvo supplied an adjuster fixing kit for less than £15, as you can imagine this made my day!

Well I fitted it this evening and it's in for the retest tomorrow.

Thank you Simon I really needed that bit of good fortune, A note to anyone else with a Volvo.....this blokes very honest and an altogether decent chap and I would recommend him to anyone for Volvo parts.

Cheers Simon

evad Nov 6th, 2009 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZacAttack (Post 583298)
Simon your an absolute star!!!
I've mucked you around a bit this week with a quote for the T4 bush when it failed the MOT, my mechanic mate bought one from GSF because he wanted to do the job the same day....it was only a cheap £18 one in the end.

A bit off-topic, but I have bad feelings when I see GSF anywhere lately. Last year I've bought there rear drop-links for my S40, which just after 3 months looked like were never replaced since car left the factory. The other time, which was just few weeks ago, they sold me a CV joint boot kit which didn't fit my model. How nice!

Simon/Rufe is simply the best Volvo-parts-monster in the market, really. I've recently asked him for few quotes, always got them in no-time, always at very competitive prices (as for genuine parts). Unfortunately I am on a very tight budget recently, so sorry for not actually placing orders, Simon. Yet still, many thanks for your help, and hope to deal with you again soon!

740 In France Nov 6th, 2009 12:55

Great work once again received my parcel in the post midday today. I was a bit worried with the postal strikes but it arrived safely and well packaged. I will be placing another order shortly. Many thanks to Brookhouse volvo and the team. James::thumbs_up:

KrisSWFC Nov 20th, 2009 09:57

Hi Simon

First time I have used you but certainly wont be the last - EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!

Cheers

aquickone Nov 28th, 2009 15:36

Hi Simon,
I am looking for the bulbs that go on the air-con unit on my '54 plate V40. All 3 of them seem to have gone! I have removed the unit and extracted all of the old bulbs, how much is it for all 3 bulbs including the holder things delivered? I am in Yeovil in Somerset. I have tried private messaging you, but it says your message box is full?

Many thanks for your help on this.
Aquickone.

Rufe Nov 30th, 2009 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquickone (Post 591637)
Hi Simon,
I am looking for the bulbs that go on the air-con unit on my '54 plate V40. All 3 of them seem to have gone! I have removed the unit and extracted all of the old bulbs, how much is it for all 3 bulbs including the holder things delivered? I am in Yeovil in Somerset. I have tried private messaging you, but it says your message box is full?

Many thanks for your help on this.
Aquickone.

Hi mate,

I am sorry my inbox was full, but this can happen especially after a busy weekend of incoming messages while I am not here to answer them (and if i forget to make some room mainly! sorry). If it ever happens again please use our email address which is frfvolvoparts@gmail.com which should never fill up as its storage is simply HUGE! :)

I have replied to you by pm, many thanks for trying us for a quote.

Simon :)

drox Dec 4th, 2009 18:27

I'd just like to say a (belated) thanks to Simon & the team for their great service. They supplied me with genuine Volvo timing belt kit, water pump, pulleys etc cheaper than I could get locally for non Volvo items. Super fast delivery too. Highly reccommended.

VanhireBoys Dec 8th, 2009 06:15

Hi Simon and Mike
Got the stuff for my V40 .. Super service and advice. Yous are pleasant to deal with and really knowledgeable... Top men and very reasonable postage. Far better service than the main dealer we have here in Galway.

I'll be giving yous a shout again for discs and pads ....!

Thanks a mill

Donal

740 In France Dec 8th, 2009 18:24

Once again what can I say:thumbs_up:. Superb service. Well boxed, quick delivery. Received today!! Can't fault the team at Brookhouse volvo. Many thanks. James.:thumbs_up:

Mike1967 Dec 8th, 2009 21:20

Thanks Simon for my front and rear discs and pads . LOL they are heavy arnt they !

Thanks for your help today at the dealership ! Will no doubt see you soon .

Mike aka Stiggy

Rufe Dec 9th, 2009 15:48

Thanks to everyone once again, we always appreciate reading feedback from those who have used us.

Over Christmas I will be lucky enough to be off for two full weeks, but the dealership, including the parts department will still be open other than on weekends and the bank holidays.

I will be here until Friday 18th December, then off until the new year, returning on Monday January 4th 2010.

If anyone wants to order parts during that time, it won’t be a problem if you have already been in contact with myself here in a private message or at my email address (below) and I have given you an Order Reference Number. Please call us up as usual with this order reference number to make the payment and provide your details. Anything that was to be sent with Royal Mail WILL be affected as they are also closed over the Christmas period, and the couriers we use may also not be running on full steam, but I haven't been given details as yet.

If you do not have a reference number and call us while I am off the others here will be able to help of course, but it wont be myself, so ideally please get a quote from me before I am off for Christmas to ensure you get the best possible deals. Any prices I give you a reference number for are valid for the next month or so, so keep those numbers to hand if calling.

I am here for another week or so, but I thought it best to make this point now as when I am off it does cause a few headaches, and the order reference number system we now use has proved very successful.

So all that's left to be said now is Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010 to everyone in the Volvo Owners Club, from all of us at FRF Volvo Parts Department!

Simon :D

fowlerman Dec 11th, 2009 13:34

Hi Simon,
Just a quick thanks, parts arrived Tuesday am, not bad considering they were only despatched Monday, all now fitted. Brilliant service, good prices, refreshing to get dealer who is on the ball.
Once again many thanks.
Pete.

4 forty Dec 11th, 2009 14:03

a valuable asset to this forum

and a thank you from me also,you are certainly an asset to this forum, and your dealership.
enjoy your festive break.

Tomo9945 Dec 12th, 2009 08:51

Hi Simon,

Very many thanks for the parts for my V70R, you've saved me a packet!!

Who would have thought a bulb could be so much money!

Thanks again,
Simon

carlmt Dec 15th, 2009 22:58

Hi Simon and the team at FRF......

Many thanks for the latest delivery.............and for sorting out the mix-up over the front discs.......

All waiting for me to get back from hols in the New Year to spend the weekend 'fettling' the old girl.....

Your reputation is deserved - and will most certainly be in touch again when I can afford to sort out 'chapter 2' of the 'get the car sorted' saga!!!! (rear discs/pads, suspension bushes, etc. etc. etc.....)

Cheers Simon - Merry Christmas to you and your team.
Carl
(about to leave a very chilly Chepstow for a b****y freezing Salzburg)

MJT22 Dec 21st, 2009 15:24

Picking up a s40 on tuesday from frf so will keep your number handy and you are only 5 mins from me

Rufe Jan 6th, 2010 16:51

I would like to say sorry to anyone who is still waiting for a reply, I am working through all messages as quickly as possible so will reply to everyone as soon as I can, I have not forgot about anyone I assure you of that. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow (if not then, then by the end of friday) I will have got back on top of things once again, so everyone will hopefully had a reply by then.

If you ever find my inbox is full you can use my email address which has pretty much unlimited space... frfvolvoparts@gmail.com

Once again many thanks to everyone for keeping me very busy, at least I can depend on you all for that lol. :thumbs_up:

2010 looks set to be a good one, thanks again for everyone's continued support.

Simon :D

Tomo9945 Jan 14th, 2010 18:06

Simon and Mike..Thanks again for your help over the last few days. I have had a nightmare with my R and your advice as well as the parts has been invaluable. It is appreciated.

s60alby Jan 17th, 2010 12:31

received my key,remote and mirror lens today

thanks very much

look forward to receiving the other bits when they arrive.

cheers:thumbs_up:

andycallaghan Jan 17th, 2010 12:33

Recently used these guys for a gear knob for my V70.
Very helpful.
Quick to reply to emails.
Fast delivery.
Top stuff guys!

RUTV70 Jan 18th, 2010 11:18

Brilliant service from Simon in getting my radio code.
Top man...thanks.

Neil

JamesV70R Jan 18th, 2010 12:23

Very quick with quotes, have yet to order my parts but I now know which ones I need!

Very quick with the raido code and other awkward questions I've had to ask!

Thanks!

4 forty Jan 18th, 2010 12:59

another satisfied customer

yet again simon has surpassed himself on quick delivery and profesionalism.
thank you simon

OldBlueVolvo Jan 18th, 2010 14:52

Many thanks to Simon and the parts team at FRF Motors. I am very pleased with the service and the value and I will definitely be coming back for more!

Thanks again,
William

tt82 Jan 20th, 2010 20:17

Yet another speedy delivery from Rufe and the fantastic guys at FRF, ordered them on Monday and arrived on Wednesday. Fantastic service and quality geninune Volvo parts at fantastic prices, these guys really do put some other dealers to shame.

Keep up the good work fellas.

$hed Jan 22nd, 2010 23:45

thanks chaps
got my radiator fine service

740 In France Feb 20th, 2010 11:06

Thanks for the parts received today:thumbs_up: Excellent service once again. Will always use FRF volvo to supply parts for my 240. You deserve to be trading for hundreds of years!! Many thanks. James:thumbs_up:

tdi Feb 26th, 2010 08:23

superb service

Thanks Simon for the superb service again. I
have used you a few times now and each and every time your service and knowledge has been faultless. You put my local dealer to shame.

Paul240480 Feb 26th, 2010 08:27

+1 on all these. Recently had the remaining brake flexi hose's I need to complete my 'set'. Another supplier had been searching for the 'rears' for two weeks before saying that they could'nt find any from their suppliers. Quick e-mail to Rufe & 6 days later they're here in France:thumbs_up:

KrisSWFC Mar 3rd, 2010 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul240480 (Post 623519)
+1 on all these. Recently had the remaining brake flexi hose's I need to complete my 'set'. Another supplier had been searching for the 'rears' for two weeks before saying that they could'nt find any from their suppliers. Quick e-mail to Rufe & 6 days later they're here in France:thumbs_up:

Simon

Spot on again thank you very much!

Cheers

Kris

Rufe Mar 3rd, 2010 17:38

As part of my continued attempt to improve our service I have finally got a direct link that everyone can use for parts pricing enquiries. To make things run more efficiently I will be encouraging everyone to use this link for parts enquiries from now on if possible:

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR YOUR PARTS ENQUIRIES...

All enquiries sent to this link will be still dealt with by myself, and I will always reply as soon as possible, but this may not be if outside working hours. Then, as always, I will reply at the next opportunity.

Where it asks for forum simply using VOC will be fine.

All the very best!

Simon :) :thumbs_up:

Citizen.Agfa Mar 3rd, 2010 17:40

Woo-hoo, nice one Simon.

C.A.