Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anyone have a BSR exhaust system (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=47958)

Stefanfed Nov 20th, 2007 23:21

Anyone have a BSR exhaust system

Has anyone got a BSR exhaust system on there car as i am thinking of getting one, if so has it made a noticable change in sound and performance. Also how much did you pay for yours.

don kalmar union Nov 21st, 2007 21:00

This is not an answer to your question as I supply Ferrita Swedish made fully stainless systems.

You can get a BSR system from Nordic or one of their stockists, or you can get the exact same item from the actual manufacturer's importer Jetex and branded as such in Leamington Spa or one of their stockists.

I supply the fully stainless Ferrita cat back system for £295 including VAT.

You may well find that the BSR/Jetex item is offered cheaper but is not stainless.

I give an unlimited warranty on the Ferrita system for as long as you own the car to which you first fitted it.

You can check www.ferrita.se

Regards, Don.Norchi.

SaffronC70 Nov 21st, 2007 22:04

My BSR was fine, until it fell apart.

Needed a new downpipe as the flexy failed and the mid box baffles started to rattle.

The exhaust is overall quieter but deeper imo but sounds great WOT.

Get a Ferrita.

Chris

John_C Nov 22nd, 2007 06:31

I've got a BSR cat-back on the 850 and I really like it so far. There is a bit of resonance at around 2000 rpm but other than that it sounds meatier without being intrusive until you really open the taps, at which point it sounds bloody brilliant :)

Cheers,
John

AUS T5 Nov 22nd, 2007 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 322244)
This is not an answer to your question as I supply Ferrita Swedish made fully stainless systems.

You can get a BSR system from Nordic or one of their stockists, or you can get the exact same item from the actual manufacturer's importer Jetex and branded as such in Leamington Spa or one of their stockists.

I supply the fully stainless Ferrita cat back system for £295 including VAT.

You may well find that the BSR/Jetex item is offered cheaper but is not stainless.

I give an unlimited warranty on the Ferrita system for as long as you own the car to which you first fitted it.

You can check www.ferrita.se

Regards, Don.Norchi.

Did you get the PM Don ??

Phil

JD.7 Nov 24th, 2007 22:34

i have the Ferrita cat back from Don and must say it is very good quality.
my brother has the full monty from Don and is chuffed to bits with sound and power gains.( 3" downpipe and cat back )

pyaap Nov 24th, 2007 22:42

I will echo the sentiments here. The Ferrita will serve you well; I got mine from Don nearly 5 years back and it still works perfectly; its not intrusive and more importantly, I have not had any quality issues with it.

s60ben Nov 25th, 2007 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaffronC70 (Post 322286)
My BSR was fine, until it fell apart.

Needed a new downpipe as the flexy failed and the mid box baffles started to rattle.

The exhaust is overall quieter but deeper imo but sounds great WOT.

Get a Ferrita.

Chris

Interesting.

The BSR website says:

Quote:

BSR Sportflow comes with a three-year general warranty and a five-year corrosion warranty.
Were you referring to the Downpipe (with the "flexy" comment) which has a 12 month warranty?

Either way, from what I've heard and seen, I'd stick with Ferrita in future.

Engineer Nov 25th, 2007 16:57

Spot the ferrita.............. :wink_smile:

JIM C Nov 25th, 2007 17:02

Like the Lada estate exhaust. Yes very subtle.