Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

Hayesey Dec 21st, 2010 21:42

I'd also like to say thanks to FRF Swansea for parts supply. I've bought a timing belt kit and a window seal for my S60 D5 in separate purchases from them and their service is absolutely top-notch. Very refreshing change from dealing with VW dealerships parts desks who have no interest in supplying discounts to members clubs or enthusiasts. My parts enquiries to FRF have been answered almost immediately.

Also, in the case of the timing belt kit their genuine parts were cheaper than I could get non-genuine for! (Can't say the same for the window seal as I don't think a non-gen one is available but the price was still good).

micken Dec 21st, 2010 23:03

Excellent service, communication and advice from Rufe and colleagues. Many thanks for prompt help in replacing an injector that was causing cold start problems. Very cost effective due to realistic discount.

Will be using again.

lyron Dec 22nd, 2010 08:50

am very glad to hear somebody has had good service i am probably being an old grump ,but this old grump would still like to get the goods i ordred 3weeks ago, mike has been very good trying to sort the problem out so we now have a bit more confidence,after all these thing's do happen.hoping to see the good's soon

lynda & ron.

Mike1967 Dec 22nd, 2010 10:09

Hi Lynda and Ron .... I have been using Simon ( Rufe ) for many many years and have never had any problems with him or any of his work colleagues . I would say to the point that they have even gone out of their way on times to find certain parts that Volvo sometimes no longer stock .

It is unfortunate that you are having problems ...... but im pretty sure there is a valid reason for this problem .

Rufe Dec 22nd, 2010 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyron (Post 802139)
am very glad to hear somebody has had good service i am probably being an old grump ,but this old grump would still like to get the goods i ordred 3weeks ago, mike has been very good trying to sort the problem out so we now have a bit more confidence,after all these thing's do happen.hoping to see the good's soon

lynda & ron.

Hello Lynda and ron,

I am very sorry that you have had this problem as you know, as I have replied to all of your messages recently. As you know I personally am off work this week and until 6th January so I am not able to help you myself as I simply am not there.

As you know the problem you have had is due to the Royal Mail and as I told you last Friday recorded delivery items are not guaranteed delivery times, and we have to wait for 15 days before the Royal Mail consider the parcel as lost. I have given you the tracking number and you could see the item was posted when we told you it would be (once it had arrived from Sweden, of which you were fully aware). I did explain to you last week that on the 15th day the item is missing you can have a full refund from us, but in case the item turns up to you between then and now we could not give you a refund at that point. We can not give refund for items that we have not had back, though once we can start a Royal Mail claim we can give you a refund.

I said to you then that we would have to reorder the item from Sweden as that tool is not stocked in the UK (as you were aware when you placed the original order). This would mean we would still struggle to get it to you before Christmas (we have no control over the fact couriers are not delivering as quickly as they would usually).

I do not know what I can add to what I have already told you, we can only offer our sincere appologies as its very rare for the Royal Mail to have problems, but due to factors completely out of our control the item we posted with the post ofice (1st class recorded delivery)has not arrived to you and is simly showing on screen that it is somewhere bewtten us and you.

I do not have the info to hand right now but I believe the 15th day after posting was today. I have offered you a full refund and we will claim the lost item from the Royal Mail but can not make the order we posted around 2 weeks ago turn up to you any quicker, its completely out of our control as you can fully understand.

If you can not wait (and I appreciate you can not) please call us as discussed previously for a full refund for your order.

As I said above I am currently off work so will not be on here that often until my return (currently taking a short break from trying to get our kitchen fitted before christmas, but the crazy weather has completly messed that up, so we have a building site for a kitchen right now! Fiancee is not happy but thats another story!)

To you and to everyone else, may you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2011!

Simon

Paul240480 Dec 22nd, 2010 15:11

Ordered some parts on 15/12/10 & they arrived today here in France:thumbs_up:

hope your stuff surfaces soon Lynda&Ron:thumbs_up:

lyron Dec 22nd, 2010 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul240480 (Post 802303)
Ordered some parts on 15/12/10 & they arrived today here in France:thumbs_up:

hope your stuff surfaces soon Lynda&Ron:thumbs_up:

all sorted thanks paul, got a refund went to local dealer ordered 4 day,s ago delivered today job done result i do not blame f r f it's the bloody post office they are a nightmare to track and trace anything. once again my apologie's to f r f. for being a pain and i will try to be more patient in future happy christmas and new year a nd just a suggestion DUMP ROYAL MAIL THEY ARE A JOKE!!!!! lynda & ron.

dgunthor Dec 31st, 2010 18:06

Just sent this message via the FRF parts enquiry page...

1. Are new load covers available for these V70 Classics please?
Mine has broken and I'm after a replacement.

Hopefully you can tell the exact color from the registration provifrf but if not it's a sort of dark grey.

2. Are PCV replacement kits available please? My V70 is smoking in the dipstick pipe so seems like the PCV needs cleaning/replacement.

Many thanks and happy new year,
Dave

bobbych Jan 6th, 2011 11:25

thanks again to Rufe for my latest Stereo Code, worked a treat

Macp Jan 7th, 2011 16:13

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike for sorting out my ATF and other bits & bobs for my autobox flush.Just to let you know the package arrived this morning as we were concerned it might not make it.I can now get it done this weekend.Thanks & good job :thumbs_up: