Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

Rufe Apr 21st, 2011 17:00

UPDATE, I AM OFF ON A SHORT HOLIDAY:

I am off for the entire bank holiday period, I am going home any minute now and not to return again until TUESDAY 3rd MAY.

Any orders already in progress will not be affected, and as our parts department is open on all days other than the bank holidays and weekends you can still call to place orders if you have order reference numbers from me already.

If not I can only apologise but I will be back as usual on May the 3rd.

Thank you for all your comments above, we all really do appreciate it, and in some respect helps us continue to do what we do. We really do always do our best to supply parts for the best prices and the highest level of service that we can, and its good to see all the feedback here from those who have used us reflecting this.

Right, catch you all when I am back, any problems with any orders in the mean time please call our parts department who will all be happy to help I am sure! (though they may be not as happy as me, as I will be off! :D )

All the best!

Simon :)

Rebrabuk Apr 27th, 2011 13:01

Simon, just to say thanks for my D5 intercooler, ordered last week and received next day! Top quality service.. :)

I got my quote from you via email, but dealt with someone else when placing order. :thumbs_up:

Biotoxic Apr 28th, 2011 14:43

I received my parts(sump gasket and 4 bolts) 2 days ago, Thank you.

thealchemyst May 4th, 2011 17:12

Rufe clear your pm's!

hi i have just purchased a parcel shelf/luggage cover for 850/v70 it is the type with a solid shelf and then a extendable luggage cover off that. this type uses a pair of fairly hefty mounting brackets that act as a base for the shelf to sit on. do you know/can you find out for me if these brackets are still available and if so how much?
the parts are in this pic and you can see the type of shelf.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320685131045
cheers martyn

The Hooded Claw May 4th, 2011 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealchemyst (Post 899346)
hi i have just purchased a parcel shelf/luggage cover for 850/v70 it is the type with a solid shelf and then a extendable luggage cover off that. this type uses a pair of fairly hefty mounting brackets that act as a base for the shelf to sit on. do you know/can you find out for me if these brackets are still available and if so how much?
the parts are in this pic and you can see the type of shelf.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320685131045
cheers martyn

I think he's on his "Jolly Hollys" til next week Martyn

thealchemyst May 4th, 2011 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw (Post 899350)
I think he's on his "Jolly Hollys" til next week Martyn

says back on the 3rd its the 4th today? so i'm guessing he should be back but could be wrong?

martybelfastt5 May 5th, 2011 11:30

price for an s60R timing belt kit please rufe:thumbs_up:

Rufe May 6th, 2011 17:10

*** VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE. PLEASE READ! ***

*** Change of Procedure for Mail Order Enquiries ***

Due to a combination of ongoing technical problems and a very large increase in the volume of enquiries we receive on a daily basis our email/webform is now being removed.

While proving very successful it is regrettable that it simply can not continue as it is, as many messages lately are not being replied for many days, some not at all.

This drop in our standards is simply not acceptable in my opinion, so we have decided to make a major change as to how we operate. We have now installed a second direct telephone in our department meaning we can now handle a larger volume of calls. This means if any one requires a quote from us we are now able to do it immediately over the phone, rather than everyone having to wait for a reply. I really do understand that many people liked our service and found it quite unique in the Volvo owners world, and it really is not my first choice to do this, but due to the above mentioned factors this is the only step I can currently take to improve our service.

We will still offer the best discounted prices we possibly can, I have set up our discount structure for online users some time ago and this will continue.

To ensure you get the best possible prices please quote discount code C3 when calling us. This is not a gimmick, this really does alter the prices by a large amount. If you call us and do not state this code we may not realise you are an online customer, so please mention this code when calling.

You really are not under any obligation to place any order when calling, we will offer you an order reference number to use in the future if you wish to simply think about the prices, and may be call us back at a later date if you so choose. If you have used us in the past please also mention this as we may be able to retrieve your details to save a little time.

So, please call us on either of our parts direct telephone numbers:

01792 790066
or 01792 784272 - Quoting discount code: C3

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am until 17:00pm (excluding bank holidays).

I hope you will all still continue to use our mail order service for all of your genuine Volvo parts and accessory requirements. Please keep in mind that we are doing this to try to improve our standards even further as we have grown too busy for what one person can manage. Now by opening up the phones for all online customer enquiries our whole parts team will be on hand to help, not just myself!

Simon - FRF Volvo Parts Department.

PS: The last few posts in this thread highlights the issue as I was off for roughly 1 week (3 days holiday, 9 days off) and my inbox here has completely filled in that time, I haven't even cleared my emails yet, let alone had chance to make space in my inbox here. I really am very sorry to everyone who I have not been able to reply to but I can only suggest calling us on the numbers above where we will help you out as best as we can! This is something that I have no other option to do, each message takes time to reply to and there are now hundreds outstanding, with no chance for me to work through them.

LeeB May 7th, 2011 20:55

apologies if im hijacking this thread.... i need a part identified, ill quite happily be ordering from FRF as i have in the past but at the moment i have no idea what to actually order - pics are in this post if anyone can help?

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123974

RoyMacDonald May 8th, 2011 11:23

I saw this on posting by Simon on the td5 forum and thought it was usful so here it is.

I have to cover my own ass here so will say right at the start - "Neither myself or FRF Motors are going to be liable for any errors or ommissions in this info, or for any damage caused as result of wrong information. This information is taken directly from the Castrol Oil data sheet which all Volvo dealers use. All this information would be in your owners handbooks, so if in doubt allways refer to that."

Ok, as you may know, selecting the correct oil for your car can be a bit of a challenge at times, as there can be a lot of contradicting advice and info out there. Volvo Uk recommend using Castrol Oil and the following info is taken direct from the data sheet that Castrol supply every dealer with for selecting the correct oils to use in servicing.

In most cases there are two different oils listed. A STANDARD protection and an OPTIMUM protection. You are safe to use either, though obviously the optimum version will be the better of the two, so if you are living in adverse weather conditions, or use the car for track days, or generally do a lot of hard driving etc, then you should be looking at using the Optimum protection oil that is listed.

Some of the following oils look very similar in name and ratings etc so take care to get the correct oil.

Thanks a lot

Simon.

***SOME UPDATES MARCH 2011, DUE TO CHANGES IN VOLVO SPECIFICATIONS***

CASTROL RECOMMENDED OIL FOR VOLVO CARS.
IMAGE KEY TO OILS (images may change):

MODEL: S60, V70, XC70, S80, XC90YEAR: From 2006>
ENGINE: Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: 18,000 Miles
OPTIMUM Protection (1) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec for Volvo Cars 0w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]

MODEL: S60, V70, XC70, S80, XC90
YEAR: From 2005>
ENGINE: 5 Cylinder Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: 12,000 Miles; 12,500 Miles
OPTIMUM Protection (2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]
STANDARD Protection (3) Castrol SLX Professional 5w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]

ENGINE: 5 Cylinder & 8 Cylinder Petrol Engines
OPTIMUM Protection (1) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec for Volvo Cars 0w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]

ENGINE: Other Petrol Engines: 6 Cylinder Petrol Engines / All Bi Fuel Engines / S60R & V70R.

MODEL: C30, NEW S40, V50, NEW C70 (Hardtop Convertible)
YEAR: From 2004>
ENGINE: 4 Cylinder Petrol Engines / 4 Cylinder Diesel Engines / E85- Engines.
STANDARD Protection (4) Castrol Magnatec Professional 5w-30 [ACEA A1]

ENGINE: 5 Cylinder Petrol Engines.
STANDARD Protection (2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]

ENGINE: 5 Cylinder Diesel Engines.

MODEL: S40, V40, S60, V70 (any), XC90, C70, S80 (inc 1999>)
YEAR: 2000 to 2004 (S80 = 1999>)
ENGINE: All Petrol and Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: All
OPTIMUM Protection (2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]

MODEL: S40, V40, V70, C70, S90, V90, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800, 900
YEAR: Up to > 1999
ENGINE: All Petrol and Diesel Engines.
SERVICE INTERVAL: All
OPTIMUM Protection (5) Castrol Magnatec Professional 10w-40 [ACEA A3]
STANDARD Protection (6) Castrol GTX Professional 10w-40 [ACEA A3/B3]

This post has been edited by FRF Motors: 10 March 2011 - 15:35
Reason for edit: UPDATED MARCH 2011

Here are the prices for the Genuine Volvo oils that we can now supply, not all of the above oils in this thread can be supplied by us.

The following oils are supplied in either 1L or 4L containers, and come in Volvo packaging, as shown in this picture.

All prices shown are the prices we supply these items at, and are already discounted from their retail prices. All prices include VAT at 20%.

Equivalent Castrol Oil shown from above post to make it easier to establish the correct oil required.:

(1) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec for Volvo Cars 0w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]
1L = [1161711] £14.04 each
4L = [1161719] £47.95 each

(2) Castrol SLX Professional Longtec 0w-30 [ACEA A3/B3/B4]
1L = [1161830] £12.10 each
4L = [1161831] £42.98 each

(3) Castrol SLX Professional 5w-30 [ACEA A5/B5]
1L = [31316299] £9.07 each
4L = [31316300] £25.70 each

You may also be interested in the prices of Genuine Volvo concentrated Antifreeze, also available in the same style packages, again sold in 1L and 4L containers.

Antifreeze / Summer Coolant, Concentrated (to be mixed 50/50 with water)
1L = [9437650] £3.19 each
4L = [9437651] £9.74 each

Genuine Volvo Parts With Discount, Without Leaving Your House!

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/3579-oi...a-handy-guide/