Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

barkster1971 Oct 11th, 2021 23:13

Really

I've tried twice and it's just some bull**** message thing now.

RollingThunder Oct 13th, 2021 09:14

I placed a large order with them a few weeks ago - it was a bit difficult getting hold of them as they have a small parts team and they are always exceptionally busy. However, it is worth persevering as the discounts they offer on some parts are substantial.

My order required most parts to be special order to Sweden, including some supposedly 'no longer available' nivomat shocks... FRF got hold of them and they arrived yesterday - I was expecting a call from them to say that they couldn't get them, but no, they arrived as promised.

FRF are still my first call for genuine parts, with Caffryns second - they are easier to get hold of, but the savings tend to be less.

griston64 Oct 13th, 2021 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingThunder (Post 2777265)
I placed a large order with them a few weeks ago - it was a bit difficult getting hold of them as they have a small parts team and they are always exceptionally busy. However, it is worth persevering as the discounts they offer on some parts are substantial.

My order required most parts to be special order to Sweden, including some supposedly 'no longer available' nivomat shocks... FRF got hold of them and they arrived yesterday - I was expecting a call from them to say that they couldn't get them, but no, they arrived as promised.

FRF are still my first call for genuine parts, with Caffryns second - they are easier to get hold of, but the savings tend to be less.

I've had loads of parts off them since I got my 940 and never had any issues ( lockdown aside ) I normally email and get a reply back pretty sharpish

bob12 Oct 14th, 2021 18:38

Nivos (Sach) have always been available from Volvo (Classics) in Sweden for most models, inc. 700/900 Series. You just have to deal with someone like FRF who know the right kit number to suit your particular car/model and take out a loan .... but it's worth it.

Bob :)

Bhowani 2 Dec 2nd, 2021 14:05

Time Zones!

Ordered 2 new fob batteries yesterday, and was told they'd be posted today!
They arrived today - 2 hours ago - less than 24 hours from ordering.

That's why we all support FRF - even though they are so far west that they are a day ahead of us! Fantastic!

Ho Ho

Bhowani
2019 XC40 AWD

jasons6930 Mar 3rd, 2022 20:35

Is Simon still helping out with parts etc?

markas Mar 4th, 2022 07:38

Simon/Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasons6930 (Post 2811260)
Is Simon still helping out with parts etc?

I always try and talk to Chris myself, haven't spoken to Simon in a while. Chris is very good at coming back to you if he has to go research a part especially if its gone EOL.

griston64 Mar 4th, 2022 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by markas (Post 2811308)
I always try and talk to Chris myself, haven't spoken to Simon in a while. Chris is very good at coming back to you if he has to go research a part especially if its gone EOL.

Mainly Chris and Sophie these days. Both are excellent !!

turboboy Jun 6th, 2022 10:40

FRF Swansea

Have just ordered rear light assembly for my son's V90 and they are very busy with calls and staff shortage due to holidays, but they hope to have the lamp delivered to them and dispatched out to me by tomorrow.

Not only that but with added bonus of a hefty discount over retail price!

What's not to like!

magnuz Jun 22nd, 2022 23:34

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know if the lower rear suspension arms for a S40 V40 , 96-04 are still available in uk ? Aftermarket arms do seem to be readily available in USA & some other countries, but not here in uk ! ...see pic..