Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Polestar Overboost (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291742)

Tresco85 Feb 12th, 2019 20:41

Polestar Overboost

So booked the car in for the recall on the rear struts for next week and ask the dealer about the Overboost which he said was not out yet so emailed Polestar who said that when the car is in next Service 2 will be installed which will include the overboost function.
Phoned the dealer back and hopefully they will install the update next week.

Quacker Feb 13th, 2019 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tresco85 (Post 2495081)
So booked the car in for the recall on the rear struts for next week and ask the dealer about the Overboost which he said was not out yet so emailed Polestar who said that when the car is in next Service 2 will be installed which will include the overboost function.

Mine is having its annual service at the end of the month and hope it will be available to install then. Service manager knew nothing about it last week when I went in to buy the headrest pillow which is on special offer at the moment.

VOLVOL0VER Feb 13th, 2019 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker (Post 2495126)
Mine is having its annual service at the end of the month and hope it will be available to install then. Service manager knew nothing about it last week when I went in to buy the headrest pillow which is on special offer at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tresco85 (Post 2495081)

I wish i had the D5... i am crying now... 😁 you damn lucky bastards! 😁😉 If i was ordering it now i would also have gone to the D5. My mistake at the time.

S60Chris Feb 13th, 2019 07:12

I have a D5 which was delivered March 2017. Apparently the update is not available for anything older than 2018 :sad-smiley-011:
Not sure what difference there is with the engine between ‘17 and ‘18!

Quacker Feb 13th, 2019 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by S60Chris (Post 2495139)
I have a D5 which was delivered March 2017. Apparently the update is not available for anything older than 2018 :sad-smiley-011:
Not sure what difference there is with the engine between ‘17 and ‘18!

I really hope you are mistaken. Adblue is the significant difference.

familymangreg Feb 13th, 2019 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker (Post 2495166)
I really hope you are mistaken. Adblue is the significant difference.

Unfortunately, I don't think its even quite that simple, there appears to be three variants of Polestar (here or on their way), one for up-to MY17 vehicles, then another for MY18 pre production week 2017-45, and another for MY18 post (and including?) 2017-46 production week.

Go here and follow the options through.

:wq

Quacker Feb 13th, 2019 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by familymangreg (Post 2495172)
Unfortunately, I don't think its even quite that simple, there appears to be three variants of Polestar (here or on their way), one for up-to MY17 vehicles, then another for MY18 pre production week 2017-45, and another for MY18 post (and including?) 2017-46 production week.

Go here and follow the options through.

:wq

I hope that their mapping is more accurate than their claimed torque figures in those various charts, which are all over the place, mixing metric and imperial willynilly.

Bit disappointing that mine will not get the upgrade. Such is life.:tounge_smile:

DangerMUK Feb 13th, 2019 20:14

Is this only going to be for Diesel engines? No hybrids or normal petrols?

anotherv60 Feb 13th, 2019 20:42

For the Overboost yes you need the D5, but the polestar optimisation improves low, mid and high speed torque an HP for all engines and offers a small improvement in 0-60 times.

DangerMUK Feb 14th, 2019 11:24

Yeah I've got it on mine but was just wondering why they couldn't do the overboost on the petrol engines too as they're turbo/super charged depending on model?

Is there a technical reason why they can't?