Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   MY20 XC60 Polestar Engineered Arrival!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=300784)

sk546 Nov 19th, 2019 21:45

MY20 XC60 Polestar Engineered Arrival!!

So, after putting my initial order in almost 12 months ago (originally for a T8 R-Design Pro and switching my order to a T8 Polestar Engineered back in May), I received notification today from my dealer that my car had actually arrived!!! (including a quick video walk around of the car in all its transport protection)

My only issue with the whole process is that up until my car physically arriving at the dealership and was logged into the system, the Volvo tracking system was showing an estimated arrival date of the 20th Dec. Even after it was logged into the system, it showed an estimated arrival of 22nd November??
The great part about this is my car arrived a whole month early!!
The bad part is that we had everything planned out for a mid December arrival date and as such, our home charging point hasn't been installed yet and up until today, my plate was still on my current run around.
First world issues I know, but still annoying!

I am hoping to be able to collect the car early next week but there may be a few hoops to jump through first (there are a few Dealer Install options to fit before collection).
First drive thoughts and picture will follow soon after pickup has happened.

For all those out there awaiting delivery of your T8's, stay strong, it looks like the build slots are coming through early!!

Director76 Nov 19th, 2019 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk546 (Post 2573647)
So, after putting my initial order in almost 12 months ago (originally for a T8 R-Design Pro and switching my order to a T8 Polestar Engineered back in May), I received notification today from my dealer that my car had actually arrived!!! (including a quick video walk around of the car in all its transport protection)

My only issue with the whole process is that up until my car physically arriving at the dealership and was logged into the system, the Volvo tracking system was showing an estimated arrival date of the 20th Dec. Even after it was logged into the system, it showed an estimated arrival of 22nd November??
The bad part is that we had everything planned out for a mid December arrival date and as such, our home charging point hasn't been installed yet and up until today, my plate was still on my current run around.

I am hoping to be able to collect the car early next week but there may be a few hoops to jump through first (there are a few Dealer Install options to fit before collection).

For all those out there awaiting delivery of your T8's, stay strong, it looks like the build slots are coming through early!!

T8 will charge happily from a 13a socket with the standard charger (unless of course you chose the double type 2 cable option!) - even with a (heavy duty i.e 2.5mm2) extension lead, so you may be able to manage until your home charger is fitted. D76

VOLVOL0VER Nov 20th, 2019 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk546 (Post 2573647)

:) CONGRATULATIONS ;) What a beast! Show us photos please as soon as you can :)

sk546 Nov 20th, 2019 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Director76 (Post 2573678)
T8 will charge happily from a 13a socket with the standard charger (unless of course you chose the double type 2 cable option!) - even with a (heavy duty i.e 2.5mm2) extension lead, so you may be able to manage until your home charger is fitted. D76

Thats the issue, I did option the double type 2 cable as I didn't expect to need the standard 13a socket charger as the charging point I'm getting has a tethered type 2 connection on it.
I may have to sweet talk the dealership and see if they have a 'spare' standard charger lying around.........

sk546 Nov 28th, 2019 18:28

8 Attachment(s)
Attached are some pics of my new XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered from collection day on Tuesday.
Only had until wednesday morning to drive it as I am away working but so far really impressed with it. Cant wait to get home to drive it some more and play about with the suspension settings!!

SuffolkBoy Nov 28th, 2019 19:41

I saw your car in the workshop from Reception at 8am on Tuesday morning whilst dropping my car off for some warranty work - it looked stunning through the glass.

I just felt sorry that it was such a miserable wet day for you to collect the car - no doubt pretty dirty after a few minutes out on the road!!

Good luck with the car.

sk546 Nov 28th, 2019 19:56

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy (Post 2576192)
I saw your car in the workshop from Reception at 8am on Tuesday morning whilst dropping my car off for some warranty work - it looked stunning through the glass.

I just felt sorry that it was such a miserable wet day for you to collect the car - no doubt pretty dirty after a few minutes out on the road!!

Good luck with the car.

Thanks SuffolkBoy, It looked stunning under the lights in the showroom and it stayed pretty clean for most of the journey back to Norwich. Not the best collection day weather but not the worst either.
Wednesday morning was the worst on the way to the airport as it had rained heavily all night and the roads were soaking and full of sugarbeet mud!!

This was what it looked like in the garage later that day!

VOLVOL0VER Nov 28th, 2019 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk546 (Post 2576202)
Thanks SuffolkBoy, It looked stunning under the lights in the showroom and it stayed pretty clean for most of the journey back to Norwich. Not the best collection day weather but not the worst either.
Wednesday morning was the worst on the way to the airport as it had rained heavily all night and the roads were soaking and full of sugarbeet mud!!

This was what it looked like in the garage later that day!

yeah... and black colour you know how it is... way more visible. i mean dirt. S10+? ;)

sk546 Nov 29th, 2019 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER (Post 2576236)
yeah... and black colour you know how it is... way more visible. i mean dirt. S10+? ;)

Black looks lovely when its clean and shiny but is such a pain to keep clean, especially in winter!!

Just an S8 but it does the trick.

Deman77 Nov 30th, 2019 22:57

Black is the right colour. Very nice.
All cars look awful covered in winter muck - black looks bad a bit sooner than others but nothing looks as good as clean black in the sun. It’s worth it. Plus I think this crop of Volvos was drawn in black by designers. Just like the e46 bmw was always meant to be grey.

Take some pictures from farther away with the most zoom (even digital is fine) so it’s not distorting car proportions with wide angle.