Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   ABS, Traction control and Tyre pressure light (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=332544)

Antboffey May 4th, 2023 13:14

ABS, Traction control and Tyre pressure light

Good afternoon all.

I have a D4 V40 Cross Country, 2015.

It's still running perfect but last week all 3 of the above lights lit at the same time and haven't gone off since. I plugged it in and it showed no sensor faults. The tyre pressures are all perfect, breaks fine and drives perfect.

Anyone have any suggestions on what this may be?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ant

JackofAll she says May 4th, 2023 13:26

I find their pressure lights a real pain in the arse. If you drive on a motorway then on slower roads the tyre pressure light often comes on, yet check the tyre and no pressure is lost, I put it down to the fact that air expands when it gets warm and contracts as it cools. I may be wrong but seen it so many times with all the miles I do on motorways.

Antboffey May 4th, 2023 13:37

Thanks. I don't think it's a pressure issue as all the other lights lit up at the same time and the pressures are all perfect. I've read in a few places that it's a possible speed sensor but none are showing to have a fault when plugged into a diagnostic machine so I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and an alternate solution?

Thanks.
Ant

Clan May 5th, 2023 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antboffey (Post 2893915)
Thanks. I don't think it's a pressure issue as all the other lights lit up at the same time and the pressures are all perfect. I've read in a few places that it's a possible speed sensor but none are showing to have a fault when plugged into a diagnostic machine so I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue and an alternate solution?

Thanks.
Ant

The tyre pressure system works by counting all the pulses from each wheel and comparing them so the fault IS probably a wheel sensor or the toothed magnetic ring on one of the wheels. The volvo VIDA Diagnostic system should indicate which wheel is the problem. a sensor or toothed ring ( which can be part of the wheel bearing )

Antboffey May 6th, 2023 14:41

Brilliant, thank you. I'll give this a go and report back!

Kind regards,
Ant

raimis05 Nov 5th, 2023 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antboffey (Post 2894212)
Brilliant, thank you. I'll give this a go and report back!

Kind regards,
Ant

My v60 developed same issue yesterday. Can you tell as what was the problem and hopefully solution?

Tannaton Nov 7th, 2023 07:22

You need to get the codes read on Volvo compatible gear - otherwise you're into poke and hope diagnosis which will likely cost you a lot more in the long run.

It is very often a simple sensor or connection issue - not usually expensive to fix.

Dwarnes Nov 18th, 2023 23:06

I had that recently on my V40 cc, turns out it was an ABS sensor fault.