Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ireland: TIme to get our meeting scene sorted!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=244005)

NI_Volvo_Nut Feb 2nd, 2016 11:21

TIme to get our meeting scene sorted!!

Hi folks

I'm in a better position now to be able to devote a bit of time to arranging our meets and see if we can get the Volvo club off the ground again. Although I think it would be nice to maybe involve other clubs? Saab, De Lorean maybe?

Any thoughts about meetings or venues? BMW guys do a cars n coffee meet every month at Junction 1? I like the Ikea theme just to keep in the Swedish feel.

I'm thinking the 12th March as the weekends after that we fall into Easter?

Open to thoughts and opinions, everybody welcome, even if you (GASP) don't own a Volvo :)

Andy
07801 082203
AndyD345@btinternet.com

johnjb Feb 2nd, 2016 12:34

Hi Andy

Good to hear from you again and glad that your life is on the up.
Fantastic pictures of the wedding party and the Volvo you posted here.
Count me in and as always i can add a rib trip for the speedsters!

Keep in touch

John

NI_Volvo_Nut Feb 2nd, 2016 14:26

Excellent John. Seen your new wagon a few times (pass it near every day now) Looks a nice motor!

NI_Volvo_Nut Feb 5th, 2016 10:29

I've been in touch with Greer's bouncing an idea off them about a dealer open day.

Open to suggestions about other ideas or venues.

Durk Feb 6th, 2016 13:00

Bring it closer to tyrone lol

middleman Feb 6th, 2016 20:56

I'd be up for a meet. We had been arranging GTINI meets last year in the evenings if the Volvo crowd wouldn't mind tagging along with them, tried to vary the locations in the country to suit different people on different nights near to coffee for car chats

If we can build on them I'm hoping to arrange a Swedish invasion of Dubshed next year. Might even try and sneak in the 240 this year or my daily will just have to fly the flag ;-)

NI_Volvo_Nut Feb 8th, 2016 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by middleman (Post 2055246)
I'd be up for a meet. We had been arranging GTINI meets last year in the evenings if the Volvo crowd wouldn't mind tagging along with them, tried to vary the locations in the country to suit different people on different nights near to coffee for car chats

If we can build on them I'm hoping to arrange a Swedish invasion of Dubshed next year. Might even try and sneak in the 240 this year or my daily will just have to fly the flag ;-)

Certainly sounds like a plan

middleman Feb 12th, 2016 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 2056275)

Up to our eyes at the moment preparing for Dubshed but did say we need to get a meet before the show so i will post on here should anything be arranged. It's unlikely that my 240 will be rolling by then but fingers crossed.

middleman Feb 23rd, 2016 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 2056275)

I know this is short notice but it was a short notice decision to hold it.

There will be a GTI Nights Mini Meet this Wednesday 24th February at Applegreen Services M2 Templepatrick from 8pm. All welcome if you can make it. I should be there in some sort of Volvo..

Details can be found at this Calendar link on our website GTI Nights Mini Meet

Why not say hello whilst on the forum.

John

NI_Volvo_Nut Feb 23rd, 2016 11:45

I've the seat base out of my 740 at the minute getting a tear repaired, if its back I would like to come to this but Thursdays are a bad night for me with the kids. Might have to come in the S60 lol