Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Volvo hits all time sales high (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290268)

anotherv60 Jan 4th, 2019 09:05

Volvo hits all time sales high

Volvo are on a role sales wise, they have sold more than 600,000 vehicles in a year for the first time - 643000 in fact. XC60 sold almost 190K units, the S90 is now the highest selling Volvo salon of all time, which is impressive given how it has been on sale for 3 years!

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...ales-milestone

Looks likely 2019 will be another record year as S60 and V60 sales will increase - the New V60 is already selling twice the number of the previous model and Volvo have now managed to double Xc40 production.

The VOC discount for 2019 is also much more appealing, some amazing discounts on the 90 & 60 series vehicles.

I Feel Old Jan 4th, 2019 09:17

The Volvo story is certainly impressive of recent years. I'm curious as to where the additional buyers are coming from. Whether from particular brands (Audi, BMW), or equally across all brands?

I guess much of the increased sales will be in China with European sales increases potentially being more modest?

SignumGB Jan 4th, 2019 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Feel Old (Post 2481364)
The Volvo story is certainly impressive of recent years. I'm curious as to where the additional buyers are coming from. Whether from particular brands (Audi, BMW), or equally across all brands?

I guess much of the increased sales will be in China with European sales increases potentially being more modest?

We moved to Volvo for safety reasons as we have a toddler and space for a dog. Posted a photo of the Volvo showing why they are worth the money safety wise on another thread.

nu11eaf Jan 4th, 2019 09:52

I fear that once the diesel and petrol only cars have gone and only the much more expensive hybrid cars are on offer sales may slow down, in the UK anyway, especially for the XC90 and no more subsidies available, unless prices are reduced.

anotherv60 Jan 4th, 2019 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Feel Old (Post 2481364)

I don't know how you find out where the sales are coming from - I guess Volvo might have a better understanding of that.

China sales up 14%, European up 6.4%, American up 20.6%.

anotherv60 Jan 4th, 2019 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2481379)
I fear that once the diesel and petrol only cars have gone and only the much more expensive hybrid cars are on offer sales may slow down, in the UK anyway, especially for the XC90 and no more subsidies available, unless prices are reduced.

I think everyone is hoping that hybrid and battery technology drops in price so overall its cost neutral - I'm fairly dubious this will happen, If there is an opportunity to increase prices then why wouldn't they assuming sales volumes hold up.

I Feel Old Jan 4th, 2019 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherv60 (Post 2481383)
China sales up 14%, European up 6.4%, American up 20.6%.

Thanks anotherv60, as anticipated China shows a significant growth and Europe not so much. The big surprise there is the US, which of course throws a few different marks in.

In the face of what I believe is a fall in overall car sales even a 6.4% growth must represent a significant number coming across from other brands.

Having just gone through the process I concluded that like for like Volvo give a little more for the same money. However if growth continues I'd suggest this will narrow.

Lexman8 Jan 4th, 2019 13:51

The US figures will have been helped by the opening last year of Volvo's new factory in South Carolina to make the S60.

It will also produce the new XC90 in 2021.

Grumpybri Jan 4th, 2019 19:18

With my S90 I have come from a Seat Leon. Never looked at a Volvo as an option for a car until I hired a XC90 on holiday and was smitten. It was the comfort and technology that got me looking at the Volvo range.

vman99 Jan 4th, 2019 20:11

I'm Coming from another Brand

Hi, at the moment I am trying to find out as much as I can about the new V60, with a view to purchase in the not too distant future.

The reason is, my daily ride is no longer available in the UK.

( Honda Accord 8th generation 2.2 idtec diesel EX Tourer [Estate])

Pete.