Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   General: V50 S40 Recall (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25597)

Daim Apr 10th, 2011 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 882489)
this is a catch up recall it was issued about 3 years ago , yours may have got missed somehow so they are chasing up ones which have not yet been done .

I thought that too, but my dealer said it was a different one...!?

Ian21401 Sep 10th, 2011 22:52

Handbrake failure.

My daughter has an 07 V50 D5 automatic. No problems with the handbrake yet.(Famous last words) but, with an automatic and the selector in "park" is the transmission not locked anyway ? I've always owned manuals and was taught a very very long time ago,(I'm a bit old) to always leave the car in a gear the opposite to which it is likely to roll, i.e.pointing downhill, then leave it in reverse and if it's a really severe hill then turn the wheels so that if by some chance it still rolled away it would be against the kerb, assuming that there is a kerb of course.

v40bart Sep 21st, 2011 12:47

My local dealer (doves of Croydon) just invited me for a safety recall concerning a clutch master cylinder. Turns out it was outstanding on my car. It's good to call them time to time...

Pilsbury Oct 4th, 2011 20:38

I have just had the same recall on my car however I have been quoted 3 days to do the fix. Whats wrong with the car???? Anyone have any details?

Clan Oct 4th, 2011 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilsbury (Post 997908)
I have just had the same recall on my car however I have been quoted 3 days to do the fix. Whats wrong with the car???? Anyone have any details?

It takes 2 hours what are they talking about ...

v40bart Oct 5th, 2011 10:17

The recall addresses a design fault within the clutch master cylinder, where a plastic pushrod is used and it may snap with use. The two to three hour job consists of replacing the master with an updated version that uses a metal pushrod. I need to do mine, I don't fancy loosing the clutch somewhere far from home.

Pilsbury Oct 10th, 2011 22:52

Picked up today by SQUIRE FURNEAUX in Leatherhead.

Been told it wont be back until Wednesday. Given me a crappy 1.6 drivE S60. Hardly a match on the D5 S40. Nevermind.

I have also flagged up some other issues with it namely drive splines, chirping suspension and a broken headlight connector that was broken by them on the service. But even that cant be 3 days work. No??

v40bart Oct 11th, 2011 14:50

You are being punished for causing trouble...

Volubilis Nov 2nd, 2011 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilsbury (Post 997908)

If a Tech takes 3 days to carry out that recall, he needs a bit of training !

benr7310 Nov 23rd, 2011 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volubilis (Post 1017035)
If a Tech takes 3 days to carry out that recall, he needs a bit of training !

or the sack..